Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Presidential Election
(05-18-2020, 11:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: Things must be bad in the Trump bubble as everyone's favorite "turd blossom" was at the WH last week and is making the FOX rounds spreading his particular kind of racist political commentary.

Hopefully KArl Rove is someone people know and not some unknown twitter person.  Mellow

Good:
Trump constantly blaming Obama and attacking him directly

Bad:
Obama making generic statements that do not specifically mention Trump

Good:
Ben Sasse giving a graduation speech in which he calls the kids fat and says psychologists are useless

Bad:
The first black president giving a graduation speech to HBCU's that specifically addresses the issues currently facing black America 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-17-2020, 12:39 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL

ThumbsUp

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I did not know Yoda had bone spurs, but it explains why Luke carried him around so much.   Cool

Trump is celebrating...(checking notes) the 1965 Voting Honors Act.   Mellow

(05-21-2020, 10:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump is celebrating...(checking notes) the 1965 Voting Honors Act.   Mellow

Then why does Trump mail his vote in?
(05-21-2020, 12:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Then why does Trump mail his vote in?

Because it is a honor!  Ninja
(05-18-2020, 03:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

Would you be complaining about BIDEN if he said Paris Hilton was wow super hot at age 12??

Or is pedophilia just bad . . . because Trump?
(05-18-2020, 01:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good:
Trump constantly blaming Obama and attacking him directly

Bad:
Obama making generic statements that do not specifically mention Trump

Good:
Ben Sasse giving a graduation speech in which he calls the kids fat and says psychologists are useless

Bad:
The first black president giving a graduation speech to HBCU's that specifically addresses the issues currently facing black America 

As to your first example:
Both are bad, but at least POTUS has the personal courage to place a name to a task. Seems Obama would be quite popular in this forum. 'i said some vile shit about you, but I didn't actually use your name, so I'm OK". At least Obama should own it.

In all of my years I've never seen a sitting president so critical of former President and I've also never seen a former president so critical of a sitting President. Both are acting beneath the office.

As to the last comment:
Sasse shouldn't have called kids fat; I'd have to get the context to respond to the psychologists comments.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-21-2020, 06:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to your first example:
Both are bad, but at least POTUS has the personal courage to place a name to a task. Seems Obama would be quite popular in this forum. 'i said some vile shit about you, but I didn't actually use your name, so I'm OK". At least Obama should own it.

In all of my years I've never seen a sitting president so critical of former President and I've also never seen a former president so critical of a sitting President. Both are acting beneath the office.

As to the last comment:
Sasse shouldn't have called kids fat; I'd have to get the context to respond to the psychologists comments.

Trump blamed Obama for the US not having Covid-19 tests which is of course a lie.  It takes courage to tell a lie?

LMAO
(05-21-2020, 07:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump blamed Obama for the US not having Covid-19 tests which is of course a lie.  It takes courage to tell a lie?

LMAO

"personal courage"!

If the sitting POTUS is going to lie and insult they should do so by name!

Whata friggin joke.
(05-21-2020, 07:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump blamed Obama for the US not having Covid-19 tests which is of course a lie.  It takes courage to tell a lie?

LMAO

Nah. Lying is covered under Integrity and Honor. You can have Personal Courage and be wrong as hell.

But I see you and the peanut gallery found a nugget to run with instead of addressing the point.

Any thoughts on the actual point?

(05-21-2020, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah. Lying is covered under Integrity and Honor. You can have Personal Courage and be wrong as hell.

But I see you and the peanut gallery found a nugget to run with instead of addressing the point.

The "actual point" you made up? Not the one about the "personal courage" Trump has when insulting people by name? LMAO!

Sure:  Here is what President Obama said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/16/politics/obama-graduate-together-speech/index.html

The quote in question is this (I'll add little before and after for context):

Quote:If you'd planned on going away for college, getting dropped off at campus in the fall -- that's no longer a given. If you were planning to work while going to school, finding that first job is going to be tougher. Even families that are relatively well-off are dealing with massive uncertainty. Those who were struggling before -- they're hanging on by a thread.

All of which means that you're going to have to grow up faster than some generations. This pandemic has shaken up the status quo and laid bare a lot of our country's deep-seated problems -- from massive economic inequality to ongoing racial disparities to a lack of basic health care for people who need it. It's woken a lot of young people to the fact that the old ways of doing things just don't work; that it doesn't matter how much money you make if everyone around you is hungry and sick; and that our society and our democracy only work when we think not just about ourselves, but about each other.

It's also pulled the curtain back on another hard truth, something that we all have to eventually accept once our childhood comes to an end. And all those adults that you used to think were in charge and knew what they were doing? Turns out that they don't have all the answers. A lot of them aren't even asking the right questions. So, if the world's going to get better, it going to be up to you.

That realization may be kind of intimidating. But, I hope it's also inspiring. With all the challenges this country faces right now, nobody can tell you "no, you're too young to understand" or "this is how it's always been done." 
Because with so much uncertainty, with everything suddenly up for grabs, this is your generation's world to shape.

Since I'm one of the old guys, I won't tell you what to do with this power that rests in your hands. But I'll leave you with three quick pieces of advice.

First, don't be afraid. America's gone through tough times before -- slavery and civil war, famine and disease, the Great Depression and 9/11. And each time we came out stronger, usually because a new generation, young people like you, learned from past mistakes and figured out how to make things better.

Second, do what you think is right. Doing what feels good, what's convenient, what's easy -- that's how little kids think. Unfortunately, a lot of so-called grown-ups, including some with fancy titles and important jobs, still think that way -- which is why things are so screwed up. I hope that instead, you decide to ground yourself in values that last, like honesty, hard work, responsibility, fairness, generosity, respect for others. You won't get it right every time, you'll make mistakes like we all do. But if you listen to the truth that's inside yourself, even when it's hard, even when its inconvenient, people will notice. They'll gravitate towards you. And you'll be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

And finally, build a community. No one does big things by themselves. 

President Obama doesn't mention Trump but his defenders you and other immediately thought he was.  I wonder why?  Because what he said wasn't wrong, it wasn't specific, it was encouraging young people to understand that the future will be in their hands and that just because someone is older that doesn't mean they are wiser.  Old people can screw up too.

But, again, only Trump defenders are calling Obama out for "not having the courage" to say Trump's name.

I believe the phrase is "What a bunch of snowflakes."

Cool

Obama has more "personal courage" than Trump has had bad tans.
(05-21-2020, 07:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: The "actual point" you made up?  Not the one about the "personal courage" Trump has when insulting people by name?  LMAO!

You can LMAO all you want, but when referring to someone it takes more personal courage to call them by name. You can disagree with that if you want, but you'll still not be my advisor on personal courage.

(05-21-2020, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can LMAO all you want, but when referring to someone it takes more personal courage to call them by name. You can disagree with that if you want, but you'll still not be my advisor on personal courage.

So you can't handle what I responded with and "found a nugget to run with".

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47e999ec012adb846d1d...=giphy.gif]
(05-21-2020, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah. Lying is covered under Integrity and Honor. You can have Personal Courage and be wrong as hell.

Yeah, it takes a liar and a coward to tell a lie and blame someone else rather than take responsibility for something that happened while they are in charge. Any Army leader at any level knows you can delegate your authority, not your responsibility.

Telling lies isn't courageous.  Neither, is blaming someone else for your responsibility.

This may be your most ridiculous defense of Trump ever.
I had to double check which thread this is because they all seem to lead to talking about what an amoral arse Trump is. Who saw this coming?

Foresight is 20/20
(05-21-2020, 07:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: The "actual point" you made up? Not the one about the "personal courage" Trump has when insulting people by name? LMAO!

Sure:  Here is what President Obama said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/16/politics/obama-graduate-together-speech/index.html

The quote in question is this (I'll add little before and after for context):

President Obama doesn't mention Trump but his defenders you and other immediately thought he was.  I wonder why?  Because what he said wasn't wrong, it wasn't specific, it was encouraging young people to understand that the future will be in their hands and that just because someone is older that doesn't mean they are wiser.  Old people can screw up too.

But, again, only Trump defenders are calling Obama out for "not having the courage" to say Trump's name.

I believe the phrase is "What a bunch of snowflakes."

Cool

Obama has more "personal courage" than Trump has had bad tans.

Wait. Are people really seeing/hearing that and saying Obama was bashing Trump? That's asinine.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-21-2020, 08:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, it takes a liar and a coward to tell a lie and blame someone else rather than take responsibility for something that happened while they are in charge. Any Army leader at any level knows you can delegate your authority, not your responsibility.

Telling lies isn't courageous.  Neither, is blaming someone else for your responsibility.

This may be your most ridiculous defense of Trump ever.

I know it's a big ask in this forum but let's try real hard to address the point made instead of having Pavlov's dogs salivate at the sound of Trump:

Pat posted two examples one had the deliverer calling out someone they were referring to by name and another called out a person, but didn't use the name. I said calling a person by name shows more personal courage than a "generic" (2funny) slur. 

You can add a bunch of other stuff if you want to show who's the better person, but it's not what I addressed. And I appreciate your insight on Army Leadership. 

(05-21-2020, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know it's a big ask in this forum but let's try real hard to address the point made instead of having Pavlov's dogs salivate at the sound of Trump:

Pat posted two examples one had the deliverer calling out someone they were referring to by name and another called out a person, but didn't use the name. I said calling a person by name shows more personal courage than a "generic" (2funny) slur. 

You can add a bunch of other stuff if you want to show who's the better person, but it's not what I addressed. And I appreciate your insight on Army Leadership. 

Lying to cover one’s own ass to blame someone else by name to avoid taking responsibility isn’t courageous. It’s the opposite. It’s chickenshit. Chickenshit is consistent with Trump’s bone spur origin story.

By your misguided logic Trump is a f’n hero for calling out McCain by name for being captured. Ooooooooh, so courageous.
(05-21-2020, 08:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I had to double check which thread this is because they all seem to lead to talking about what an amoral arse Trump is.  Who saw this coming?

Foresight is 20/20

48% percent (plus four percent for those of us voting third party) of the people in 2016. 2% more than Trump supporters.