Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-30-2020, 01:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The issue is we have a new virus, one which has no cure, had no proven scientific sure fire ways to treat it to prevent death and our scientists have been far from consistent. They say follow the science, but have contradicted and lied to us.

The WHO said this virus was not able to transfer human to human. WRONG!

That is false. The WHO said the Chinese government said there was no evidence of human to human at that time (which I believe was early January), but the added the caveat that doesn’t rule out human to human spread. I’m almost positive the WHO stated there was evidence of human to human transmission within the next 2 weeks after they had evidence to confirm human to human spread.

Quote:Experts like Faucci downplayed it back in January and February. They were WRONG!!!
The subject of masks came up and Faucci lied over and over again saying no need to wear masks. In fact, he and CDC said more harm could come than good.

In January and February when there were only a few hundred cases, people’s cold and flu symptoms were much more likely to be a cold or the flu. And the chance their cold and flu symptoms were Covid 19 were slim to none except in a few geographical regions or based upon travel history.

Fauci didn’t lie about masks. During his 60Minutes interview he stated most people in the US didn’t need to wear a mask at that time because there were so few cases at the time. Did you need to wear a mask in Ohio on March 8th when there were only 213 known cases in the entire US and Ohio had yet to report a single case? No.

Quote:Fast forward and they all reverse position and want to mandate masks, still no scientific proof, just a hunch.

That’s also false. We have evidence masks help slow community spread.

Quote:They say noone should be within 6 feet of each other for more than 15 minutes while inside, then allow planes to carry passengers for hours in a closed place and not social distanced.

We can’t get people to wear a mask so how are we going to get airlines to follow recommendations?

Quote:I could go on and on, but the truth is it is no one's fault (other than the Chines government and WHO for hiding it) as a virus hit, we had no test for it, no treatment for it, no cure for it so all of the experts were in scramble mode.

I’m sure you could go on and on because all your complaints involve taking information out of context or misrepresentation of the information.

Quote:The original estimate was millions would die in the US alone,

Again, false. The original estimate was 60K deaths in the US.

Quote:so while losing one life to any illness is a shame, less than 300,000 would be a huge win considering the level we started to combat the virus.

That’s nothing but the Trump administration and Fox News gas lighting you.

Quote:We started at zero, we can blame Obama, we can blame Trump or blame both, but blame never fixed an issue. All we can do is keep trying to do our part to not spread it now. Wear a mask, take your temp. daily minimum, wash your hands every 60 minutes minimum, social distance and be very cautious around the vulnerable.

Finally something we can agree upon.

Quote:I just wish the Chinese communist government (not Chines people) would have given us accurate info and not wasted 2 to 3 months for us to understand how bad this virus was. We lost valuable time to create a vaccine.

The WHO declared a public health emergency in January. China didn’t waste 2-3 months of our time. Trump did. And if the Trump administration hadn’t cut the CDC personnel in China there to specifically monitor emerging pandemics we might have gained some lead time that Trump would have pissed away anyway.

And this is the kind of false Covid 19 info that gets spread in JN, but they won't come in here with it and they won't come in here to defend it, either.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 10:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In the Alabama Senate race, we have a football coach who said he wouldn't have a clue what to do about the pandemic versus the incumbent Senator who was a federal prosecutor and district attorney responsible for prosecuting members of the KKK involved in a church bombing in the 60's that killed 4 little black girls. 

The coach is polling 10% ahead. 

Tommy Tuberville is a bona fide theif and bag of human shit.  I can't stand that he's being reborn as a Trump-sucking Senate candidate and will likely succeed.  

What he did to the Cincinnati football program was an absolute joke and borderline criminal.  He came here to be near his wife's family and play golf while pretending to be a football coach.  He never cared one iota about the program or the city.  He recruited basically zero here in town and embarrassed himself with his manner of exiting the program.  Low class human being all around.  

Hopefully there are enough ride or die Roll Tide types down there that hate the barners (what they call the hicks from Auburn) enough to keep them from giving him a vote.  If he legislates anything like he coached at UC, I expect he'll golf more than even the Orange One.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 04:21 PM)samhain Wrote: Tommy Tuberville is a bona fide theif and bag of human shit.  I can't stand that he's being reborn as a Trump-sucking Senate candidate and will likely succeed.  

What he did to the Cincinnati football program was an absolute joke and borderline criminal.  He came here to be near his wife's family and play golf while pretending to be a football coach.  He never cared one iota about the program or the city.  He recruited basically zero here in town and embarrassed himself with his manner of exiting the program.  Low class human being all around.  

Hopefully there are enough ride or die Roll Tide types down there that hate the barners (what they call the hicks from Auburn) enough to keep them from giving him a vote.  If he legislates anything like he coached at UC, I expect he'll golf more than even the Orange One.

Wait... It's THAT Tommy Tuberville that's running? I'd just assumed when I heard the name it was sorta like the Michael Jordan that plays for the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 04:21 PM)samhain Wrote: Tommy Tuberville is a bona fide theif and bag of human shit.  I can't stand that he's being reborn as a Trump-sucking Senate candidate and will likely succeed.  

Based on how he talks about the issues, your prediction may be spot on. He sounds like he thinks his job is to just vote how Trump tells him to vote. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So what? You hate Trump? Big surprise Jase. Mellow

I dislike Fauci, not gonna lie and I dislike all the people lying to me. Mellow

This is ironic and hilarious to me.

Trump praised China’s transparency. Trump praised China’s response. Trump praised President’s Xi’s leadership. Trump claimed we had Covid 19 under control multiple times.

And you dislike liars?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 03:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That is false. The WHO said the Chinese government said there was no evidence of human to human at that time (which I believe was early January), but the added the caveat that doesn’t rule out human to human spread. I’m almost positive the WHO stated there was evidence of human to human transmission within the next 2 weeks after they had evidence to confirm human to human spread.

In January and February when there were only a few hundred cases, people’s cold and flu symptoms were much more likely to be a cold or the flu. And the chance their cold and flu symptoms were Covid 19 were slim to none except in a few geographical regions or based upon travel history.

Fauci didn’t lie about masks. During his 60Minutes interview he stated most people in the US didn’t need to wear a mask at that time because there were so few cases at the time. Did you need to wear a mask in Ohio on March 8th when there were only 213 known cases in the entire US and Ohio had yet to report a single case? No.

That’s also false. We have evidence masks help slow community spread.

We can’t get people to wear a mask so how are we going to get airlines to follow recommendations?

I’m sure you could go on and on because all your complaints involve taking information out of context or misrepresentation of the information.

Again, false. The original estimate was 60K deaths in the US.

That’s nothing but the Trump administration and Fox News gas lighting you.

Finally something we can agree upon.

The WHO declared a public health emergency in January. China didn’t waste 2-3 months of our time. Trump did. And if the Trump administration hadn’t cut the CDC personnel in China there to specifically monitor emerging pandemics we might have gained some lead time that Trump would have pissed away anyway.

And this is the kind of false Covid 19 info that gets spread in JN, but they won't come in here with it and they won't come in here to defend it, either.

I stand by everything I said and think you are blinded by hatred versus science when it does not align with your Trump hatred. To say there was no t conflicting reports is BS, you know it, I kmow and the world knows it
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 10:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is ironic and hilarious to me.

Trump praised China’s transparency. Trump praised China’s response. Trump praised President’s Xi’s leadership. Trump claimed we had Covid 19 under control multiple times.

And you dislike liars?

Show is he lied. Trump never praised China for being transparent with the virus, early on he avoided saying anything, but never said they were transparent from day 1... but, now to the dislike of the China fans like you, he calls it the China virus which is 100% accurate. Communist Chinese government (not their poor people) own these deaths.

I saw morons say for years Trump lied when he said he was spied upon by the FBI, guess what he was 100% accurate and no lie at all.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Looks like states like Pa. will let you live if you are rich, die if you can't afford to pay for the drug remdesivir

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pa-hospitals-use-weighted-lottery-to-distribute-lifesaving-remdesivir -in-favor-of-low-income-patients

This is scary. They refuse to use other drugs when they don't have enough of #1 drug for very sick covid patients.

Makes no sense

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 09:43 PM)jason Wrote: Wait... It's THAT Tommy Tuberville that's running? I'd just assumed when I heard the name it was sorta like the Michael Jordan that plays for the Bengals.

It is.  Can you imagine that guy even trying to run a Lemonade stand in Southeastern Ohio?  He left here as arguably the biggest joke ever to helm that program.  He also abruptly left his previous job to take the Cincy job in the middle of a team awards dinner.  He's the definition of what a douchebag living off of a once highly-regarded name is.  

I'm not going to lie and pretend that I like a single thing Jeff Sessions has ever done, but the right would likely have been better served with him in that Senate seat.  Sessions at least knows what the hell he is doing and has knowledge of both the law and how DC works.  Tuberville is a stooge ex-ball coach that knows jack-shit about anything other than using his name to further enrich himself without doing much of anything.  Pretty similar to the guy backing him, really.  

Tommy boy needs to retire and spend his golden years on the links with the other millionaire has-beens.  He was pretty damn good at it during his time in Cincinnati, so I don't think it would be much of a stretch for him.  I imagine he'll still do something similar to what I suggested, just on the dime of the people he represents if he wins.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 10:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is ironic and hilarious to me.

And you dislike liars?

Fauci should have put "Some people think" or "Many people say" before any of his statements that way he could never actually be lying about what he is saying.

(07-30-2020, 11:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like states like Pa. will let you live if you are rich, die if you can't afford to pay for the drug remdesivir

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pa-hospitals-use-weighted-lottery-to-distribute-lifesaving-remdesivir -in-favor-of-low-income-patients

This is scary. They refuse to use other drugs when they don't have enough of #1 drug for very sick covid patients.

Makes no sense

If we let poor people have life-saving medication where is their incentive to work and better themselves, though?  
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 11:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I stand by everything I said and think you are blinded by hatred versus science when it does not align with your Trump hatred. To say there was no t conflicting reports is BS, you know it, I kmow and the world knows it

Give me a specific example so we can examine it.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 11:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Show is he lied. Trump never praised China for being transparent with the virus, early on he avoided saying anything, but never said they were transparent from day 1... but, now to the dislike of the China fans like you, he calls it the China virus which is 100% accurate. Communist Chinese government (not their poor people) own these deaths.

I saw morons say for years Trump lied when he said he was spied upon by the FBI, guess what he was 100% accurate and no lie at all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/15/trump-china-coronavirus-188736

Jan. 24, Twitter:

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 11:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looks like states like Pa. will let you live if you are rich, die if you can't afford to pay for the drug remdesivir

There is a limited supply of Remdesivir. The federal government controls the distribution to hospitals. Not every hospital gets it. And it’s only used as part of clinical trials. Not every patient is part of a clinical trial with an investigational medicine. The demand is greater than the supply. So . . .

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Guidance/Ethical-Allocation-Framework.aspx#

Basically it gets distributed to areas with the most cases, essential workers like me get priority, patients expected to die within a year from end stage organ disease get a lower priority.

Basic triage type shit and not nearly the nefarious plan Fox News types to portray if you ignore their BS and read the primary source without the editorialization.

Quote:This is scary. They refuse to use other drugs when they don't have enough of #1 drug for very sick covid patients.

Makes no sense

It makes no sense because what you wrote is completeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely false. They do not refuse to use other medicines if they don’t have Remdesivir. Where did you even get that idea?

Did you fail to read Sled21’s article that mentioned Houston doctor Joseph Varon? I guess you missed where I linked his MATH+ protocol? Methylprednisolone, ascorbic acid, thiamine, heparin, and others?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 11:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Show is he lied. Trump never praised China for being transparent with the virus, early on he avoided saying anything, but never said they were transparent from day 1... but, now to the dislike of the China fans like you, he calls it the China virus which is 100% accurate. Communist Chinese government (not their poor people) own these deaths.

All you have to do is Google Trump praises China's transparency... Or handling of the the virus. It'll pop right up on YouTube straight from the horse's..................... Mouth. Some people won't believe it though.

The Chinese government has nothing to do with the US response to the pandemic.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 11:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fauci should have put "Some people think" or "Many people say" before any of his statements that way he could never actually be lying about what he is saying.

Or the right shouldn’t take him literally because he’s just trolling them.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 12:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/15/trump-china-coronavirus-188736

Jan. 24, Twitter:

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

It's unfair using Trump's own words to win an argument against a Trump supporter. You know that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 12:08 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Give me a specific example so we can examine it.

Watch today's hearing. Your attacking my comments are answered by the real experts of which you are not close to being nor am I.

Headline is the Trump team of Faucci, CDC and others have done a great job. China was not honest and refused to let our experts into China for months.

They are all saying the same thing (experts), no reason to not get kids back in school face to face.

Biden's claim of vaccine is a lie was blown out of the water by Faucci. Warp speed is on track to develop a vaccine by end of 2020. System already in place to produce 300 and distribute 300 million doses, the financial commitment already done and general in charge of the distribution.

I strongly suggest watch the entire hearing. I see facts from experts and I see some great news from the Faucci led Trump team.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 07:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's unfair using Trump's own words to win an argument against a Trump supporter. You know that.

It is one thing to say someone is wrong, another to say he lied. Yes, Trump said that in January. He has also reversed course and called out China and the China virus daily. We know more today than we knew back then. Heck, Biden said don't ban travel to China on January 31st when Trump did it. Now Biden says was a great decision. Why? Now he knows more info and knows China travel saved 100's of thousands of lives.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 11:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is one thing to say someone is wrong, another to say he lied. Yes, Trump said that in January. He has also reversed course and called out China and the China virus daily. We know more today than we knew back then. Heck, Biden said don't ban travel to China on January 31st when Trump did it. Now Biden says was a great decision. Why? Now he knows more info and knows China travel saved 100's of thousands of lives.

So in this case we would say that you were "wrong" not a "liar" when you said that Trump never praised China for being transparent. 

Reply/Quote
https://www.businessinsider.com/kushner-covid-19-plan-maybe-axed-for-political-reasons-report-2020-7

Kushner's coronavirus task force initially thought about a national plan to handle testing, but they soon dropped that after it was noted that the first states hit were Democratic states, with the task force members believing that they could shift blame to Democratic governors rather than Trump. The task force opted to not create a national plan for testing or supplies and the White House went forward with its plan of making states handle it on their own.

Reply/Quote