Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(08-22-2020, 09:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/513252-mcconnell-rips-piecemeal-postal-bill-democrats-for-ignoring-urgent-needs-of

McConnell, the man who let the House's Covid relief bill sit for 2.5 months without touching it, accused Democrats of ignoring the needs of American workers and families for passing legislation that only relates to the Post Office

I shared a brief word with someone else about the "dumbing down" of the voters in our area.  As people moved away for better jobs and chances the ones left behind turned their plight into blaming everyone else for not helping them and somehow bought into the Republican mantra of "government is bad so elect me so I can help you".  A solidly union area is now Trumpville.

Mitch knows his people think that annual report that he brought X amount of money to his state is helping them and so they don't pay attention when he blatantly lies about what the Democrats are doing.  Or worse when he tells the truth about what he is doing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 118286473_955345188303855_70171468043945...e=5F68B576]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc-chief-walks-back-testing-164709584.html

Quote:CDC Chief Walks Back New Testing Guidelines

[/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=CDC%20Chief%20Walks%20Back%20New%20Testing%20Guidelines&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Flifestyle%2Fcdc-chief-walks-back-testing-164709584.html%3Fsoc_src%3Dsocial-sh%26soc_trk%3Dtw%26tsrc%3Dtwtr&via=Yahoo]
Leah Groth
August 27, 2020, 12:47 PM EDT·3 mins read

Earlier this week, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention made a bombshell change to their testing recommendations. After previously maintaining that anyone exposed to the virus should be promptly tested, they revealed new guidelines on Monday, maintaining that close contacts of Covid-19 patients "do not necessarily need a test" unless recommended by a healthcare professional.

Health experts—including Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's leading coronavirus expert—were startled by the major edit, expressing concern that it could be open to misinterpretation. Feeling the heat, CDC Director Dr. Robert R. Redfield walked back on their recommendation on Wednesday, now saying that "testing may be considered for all close contacts of confirmed or probable Covid-19 patients."

Dr. Redfield released a statement to multiple news outlets on Wednesday night in hopes of clarifying the new policy. Read on, and to ensure your health and the health of others, don't miss these Sure Signs You've Already Had Coronavirus.

"Everyone Who Needs a Covid-19 Test, Can Get a Test."
"Testing is meant to drive actions and achieve specific public health objectives," Dr. Redfield wrote. "Everyone who needs a Covid-19 test, can get a test. Everyone who wants a test does not necessarily need a test; the key is to engage the needed public health community in the decision with the appropriate follow-up action."

According to Dr. Redfield's statement, the agency is "placing an emphasis on testing individuals with symptomatic illness, individuals with a significant exposure, vulnerable populations including nursing homes or long term care facilities, critical infrastructure workers, healthcare workers and first responders, or those individuals who may be asymptomatic when prioritized by medical and public health officials."

RELATED: COVID Mistakes You Should Never Make

[/url]
The CDC Guidelines are Still Not Changed Online

As of Thursday morning, the guidelines remained unchanged on the CDC website, and it is unknown if the agency plans on changing them.

"If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet) of a person with a COVID-19 infection for at least 15 minutes but do not have symptoms, you do not necessarily need a test unless you are a vulnerable individual or your health care provider or State or local public health officials recommend you take one," it currently read.

In a Wednesday [url=https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/politics/fauci-coronavirus-cdc-testing/index.html]interview
 with CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Dr. Fauci revealed he had nothing to do with the changed guidelines, expressing concern about the possible public health repercussions.
"I was under general anesthesia in the operating room and was not part of any discussion or deliberation regarding the new testing recommendations" at that meeting, he revealed.

"I am concerned about the interpretation of these recommendations and worried it will give people the incorrect assumption that asymptomatic spread is not of great concern. In fact it is," he concluded. Use your best judgment when considering a test, and to get through this pandemic at your healthiest, don't miss these 37 Places You're Most Likely to Catch Coronavirus.

Once again the administration sends out misleading/false information.
Reply/Quote
Today is the third day of classes at my university. As of yesterday, there were already about 120 known positive cases among students. Most of those were self-reported by students because that is the only way they can get that information if they test off campus. Word from healthcare providers in the city is that there are many more positive cases among students than that.

It's going to be an interesting semester.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 02:24 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

Pro-life is an anti-abortion movement.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How long before the Trump machine accuses liberal universities of spreading covid on purpose in order to hurt Trump's reelection?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 09:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc-chief-walks-back-testing-164709584.html

Once again the administration sends out misleading/false information.

Just more evidence of how the terrible Trump administration has turned the CDC and NIH away from their mission of caring for the health of Americans into outlets of propaganda for terrible Trump’s re-election. Sad.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 09:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Pro-life is an anti-abortion movement.

"All Lives Matter"

See?

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 10:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: "All Lives Matter"

See?

Mellow

I don't say "all lives matter" as I understand what "black lives matter" means, so no.  I also don't think pro-choice means choice in everything.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 10:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't say "all lives matter" as I understand what "black lives matter" means, so no.  I also don't think pro-choice means choice in everything.  

Both terms pro-choice and pro-life are more diplomatically-than-accurately named, I'll give you that.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 10:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't say "all lives matter" as I understand what "black lives matter" means, so no.  I also don't think pro-choice means choice in everything.  

You don't but you can see how when people do it is silly.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 09:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Today is the third day of classes at my university. As of yesterday, there were already about 120 known positive cases among students. Most of those were self-reported by students because that is the only way they can get that information if they test off campus. Word from healthcare providers in the city is that there are many more positive cases among students than that.

It's going to be an interesting semester.

There are already more than 100 cases at the University of Dayton too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 01:06 PM)jason Wrote: There are already more than 100 cases at the University of Dayton too.

You win again, China.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 07:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You win again, China.

LMAO Hilarious LMAO
Reply/Quote
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2-muRM3tB3uBdbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI

This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid.

That's 9,210 deaths.

The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age; 90% in nursing homes.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 01:40 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2-muRM3tB3uBdbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI

This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid.

That's 9,210 deaths.  

The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age; 90% in nursing homes.

If Biden wins, the position of the Democrat leaders will be to open things back up and get things moving again.  The media will stop reporting on the doom and gloom of COVID-19 essentially overnight.  Biden will then get credit for getting things under control on the COVID sector when nothing will have actually changed  I would bet everything I have on that if it were possible.

If voters think Biden is going to pay them to sit at home and social distance for 2 years, they are in for a rude awakening.

Honestly, Biden winning would have that silver lining from me.  Maybe the media would finally give it a rest and stop tearing this country apart like they have been since March.  "Vote for our candidate or we will see to it that the country effectively fails to operate for another four years."  That was the strategy the Dems had this election cycle.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 01:40 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2-muRM3tB3uBdbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI

That's 9,210 deaths.  

That is some serious misreading of public data.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 02:16 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: If Biden wins, the position of the Democrat leaders will be to open things back up and get things moving again.  The media will stop reporting on the doom and gloom of COVID-19 essentially overnight.  Biden will then get credit for getting things under control on the COVID sector when nothing will have actually changed  I would bet everything I have on that if it were possible.

If voters think Biden is going to pay them to sit at home and social distance for 2 years, they are in for a rude awakening.

Honestly, Biden winning would have that silver lining from me.  Maybe the media would finally give it a rest and stop tearing this country apart like they have been since March.  "Vote for our candidate or we will see to it that the country effectively fails to operate for another four years."  That was the strategy the Dems had this election cycle.

Von, if social distancing has "flattened the curve" by November, I think that the position of whoever wins will be to open things back up.

And I don't see how Biden will get credit for "getting things under control" while Trump was still in power.

On the other hand, If the pandemic is still with us in January/February, and Biden is president, I'm pretty sure you'll see a national policy similar to that taken by European countries, with clear and consistent messaging from the whitehouse regardng research, needed precautions, etc. 

Biden's policy will be driven by a medical consensus on the proper means of fighting the pandemic, not a divisive re-election strategy. Media coverage of that response will indeed be less critical of it response to Trump's handling of the pandemic.
Reply/Quote