Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(11-16-2020, 05:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Forgot to add to my last post, my sister just tested positive too. Her brother in law got it from working at the Post Office and passed it to some family members. Fortunately she didn't visit our grandmother during that time. She's been at home resting up, nothing too bad.

I think more and more people are starting to "know someone" who has it which is I think making it more real for many. Hopefully that serves as a reality check because we know Thanksgiving will be a super spreader day that almost undoubtedly will lead to a spike two weeks later like we saw in Canada. 
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
The number of cases will be zero soon
It'll disappear like a miracle
It'll be gone by easter
The sun and warm weather will kill it
It'll magically go away after the election
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OK it has run its course from me. No taste and smell for five days and then it gradually returned over the next three days. From what I can tell, I was pretty fortunate there. A woman at the office who got it at the same time thinks she may be getting it back a little, but isn't sure if it's real or she's imagining it. That would be thirteen days after she first noticed it. Seems some people can go for weeks and others for months, and they havent ruled out that it could go on for years either partially or completely.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think more and more people are starting to "know someone" who has it which is I think making it more real for many.

I have known quite a few people who got it, but Sunday morning a close friend of the family died from it.

It does change the way you think about it.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have known quite a few people who got it, but Sunday morning a close friend of the family died from it.

I’m sorry for your loss. My great uncle is currently in the hospital with it for the second time and not doing well. It’s pretty nuts.
Reply/Quote
So have they been talking about if the flu has gone down due to all the COVID precautions?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:19 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

A couple of months ago I got into a heated discussion with 2MinutesHate who is from South Dakota.

He was bragging about living in one of the "free states" where no one had to take any precautions against Covid and bragging about how they were doing "just fine" without masks or social distancing.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have known quite a few people who got it, but Sunday morning a close friend of the family died from it.

Sorry to hear that.  I have to say this statement reminds me of what my ol' man used to say about Vietnam.  It was easy to sort of ignore until more and more people started to know someone who didn't come back.

With that being said, my wife's family who is rural PA Trump-lovin' stock are pushing forward with Thanksgiving. I might stay home and work.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Sorry to hear that.  I have to say this statement reminds me of what my ol' man used to say about Vietnam.  It was easy to sort of ignore until more and more people started to know someone who didn't come back.

With that being said, my wife's family who is rural PA Trump-lovin' stock are pushing forward with Thanksgiving. I might stay home and work.

You’re right to stay home. It’s a difficult conversation to have with a certain subset of people, but It’s the right call.
Reply/Quote
I started feeling under the weather Monday...stuffy nose, light cough from drainage.  Boss sent me home to be on the safe side.

Felt bad Tuesday so took advantage and stayed home.

Found out Tuesday night that my BIL got sick Sunday and went and got tested Monday and got his positive result back yesterday.  I was in his house last week but not near him but nonetheless I will tested tomorrow because my boss and my wife's boss wants to be sure.

Personally this feels like a normal winter cold/sore throat but better safe than sorry.

Also so far none of my BIL's family have gotten sick...so fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 11:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: I started feeling under the weather Monday...stuffy nose, light cough from drainage.  Boss sent me home to be on the safe side.

Felt bad Tuesday so took advantage and stayed home.

Found out Tuesday night that my BIL got sick Sunday and went and got tested Monday and got his positive result back yesterday.  I was in his house last week but not near him but nonetheless I will tested tomorrow because my boss and my wife's boss wants to be sure.

Personally this feels like a normal winter cold/sore throat but better safe than sorry.

Also so far none of my BIL's family have gotten sick...so fingers crossed.

Knowing what I know about your area, though, best wishes. I know that things are spreading in the area.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 11:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Knowing what I know about your area, though, best wishes. I know that things are spreading in the area.

Thanks and absolutely.

My BIL is hyper vigilant about this so we're not sure where it came from.
Reply/Quote
So to follow up:

I went and got tested yesterday.  Will take 2 to 4 days to get the results.

Still stuffed up nose (not as bad) and my energy level is creeping back up too.  I don't feel like I have to be in bed every hour or so.  Smirk

My wife is showing no symptoms.  Our son is basically the same as me minus the being tired.

However today I noticed I couldn't smell.  That's not so great.

The rest of the family got tested except our parents who go over the weekend.

Fingers crossed that if it we do have it is is mild.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: So to follow up:

I went and got tested yesterday.  Will take 2 to 4 days to get the results.

Still stuffed up nose (not as bad) and my energy level is creeping back up too.  I don't feel like I have to be in bed every hour or so.  Smirk

My wife is showing no symptoms.  Our son is basically the same as me minus the being tired.

However today I noticed I couldn't smell.  That's not so great.

The rest of the family got tested except our parents who go over the weekend.

Fingers crossed that if it we do have it is is mild.

The not smelling and tasting sucks. Luckily mine was only five days. Hopefully yours is short.

Reply/Quote
I have my regular six month checkup tomorrow. Had my blood taken and looking at the results, it seems my kidneys may have been affected. BUD went from 18 to 21. Creatinine went from 1.23 to 1.49. GFR went from 67 to 53. Those aren’t emergency numbers. Just hope they don’t get worse. Can’t think of anything else that would cause that change in six months. See what the doc says tomorrow.

Reply/Quote
C.D.C. Call for Data on Vaccine Recipients Raises Alarm Over Privacy

"The Trump administration is requiring states to submit personal information of people vaccinated against Covid-19, including names, birth dates, ethnicities and addresses, raising alarms among state officials who fear that a registry could be misused"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/us/politics/cdc-vaccine-data-privacy.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: C.D.C. Call for Data on Vaccine Recipients Raises Alarm Over Privacy

"The Trump administration is requiring states to submit personal information of people vaccinated against Covid-19, including names, birth dates, ethnicities and addresses, raising alarms among state officials who fear that a registry could be misused"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/us/politics/cdc-vaccine-data-privacy.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur

I actually think the data has a valid use in tracking how the fight moving forward is going. The data they are asking for isn't really identifying data outside of D.O.B and in reality that can be found online for most people. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 01:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I have my regular six month checkup tomorrow. Had my blood taken and looking at the results, it seems my kidneys may have been affected. BUD went from 18 to 21. Creatinine went from 1.23 to 1.49. GFR went from 67 to 53. Those aren’t emergency numbers.  Just hope they don’t get worse. Can’t think of anything else that would cause that change in six months. See what the doc says tomorrow.

Oof.  Keep an eye on that for sure.  The virus apparently can hit other things differently.

I had to do a tele visit and while I was talking tot hem I had them send paperwork for my bloodwork.  Hopefully it all checks out.

I did test positive, as did my wife.

I've been quarantining since last Monday (except for when I went for the test).

Worst of it was a stuffy nose, some drainage and a little annoying cough that gave me a sore throat.  The vast majority of that is gone now.  I did lose my sense of smell for about four days.

Everyone exposed to the first person tested positive even if they didn't show symptoms EXCEPT his wife who also showed no symptoms.  

Anyway...off work until Monday and all Christmas plans are cancelled but if this is all we have to deal with I'll take it as a win.
Reply/Quote
Desantis is a crook, a criminal and a true thug.

Reply/Quote