Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Election Challenges, Protests, Conspiracy Theories, and Moral Panics
(12-08-2020, 01:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...and in today's stupid publicity stunt lawsuit the state of Texas has now sued Michigan, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin over the election. Spoiler alert, aside from this being a stupid ass publicity stunt by the Texas AG, the legal argument is absolute garbage. Yet again though, this is why it was dangerous to humor Trump and his minions. We have let this circus go on so long it has become an absolute S*** S***.

Worth noting the Texas AG who filed this has already been charged for bribery and is under investigation by the FBI for other crimes. Basically, this is his play to get Trump to Pardon him.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 07:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: Worth noting the Texas AG who filed this asl already been charged for bribery and is under investigation by the FBI for other crimes. Basically, this is his play to get Trump to Pardon him.

Was it the FBI or CIA that Trump has called out as being corrupt?  Lordy, I hope that doesn't lead to everyone who has been investigated by those branches having a defense against prosecution! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Supreme Court won't hear the PA appeal.

Probably won't hear the TX appeal either.

I won't set the bar at "won't overturn the election" but how about all of y'all that loved getting all those judges that didn't just do Trump's will like you would?  Sometimes even the most partisan people don't work in your favor.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 08:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Supreme Court won't hear the PA appeal.

I won't set the bar at "won't overturn the election" but how about all of y'all that loved getting all those judges that didn't just do Trump's will like you would?  Sometimes even the most partisan people don't work in your favor.

Something something lifetime appointments mean you no longer have to lick boots something something. 

Good the see the courts ateast still work sometimes.
Reply/Quote
Sure will be glad when Trump is out and these do a 180 and stop blindly supporting him.

I am TOTALLY sure that will happen given how they are acting now... Hilarious

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/12/08/republican-leaders-block-congressional-recognition-of-biden-inauguration/?fbclid=IwAR2OIBbPkK2tJcBFMOtmySeyvSCZJ7HAtjkJEnLb_YJ7Es4SEVuaxV3YCBM&sh=4758ad326002

Quote:Republican Leaders Block Congressional Recognition Of Biden Inauguration

Updated Dec 8, 2020, 02:00pm EST

TOPLINE

Top Republican leaders in Congress on Tuesday shot down a motion that would have recognized that the Jan. 20 inauguration will usher Joe Biden into office as president amid President Trump’s continued refusal to concede the election.
[Image: 960x0.jpg?cropX1=0&cropX2=6000&cropY1=10...ropY2=3480]

WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 27: (L-R) Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) speaks as House ... [+]
 GETTY IMAGES
KEY FACTS
According to a statement from House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, a resolution "that the committee affirm that it is preparing for the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden,” was voted down by the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies.

The committee’s three Republicans – Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Senate GOP No. 3 Roy Blunt and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy – deadlocked with the three Democrats: Hoyer, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Amy Klobuchar.

In blocking the motion, Hoyer’s statement continued, Republicans are “effectively preventing JCCIC from publicly accepting that the upcoming inauguration will be for President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris.”

The text of the resolution proposes the public be notified the committee is working “in coordination with the Biden Presidential Inaugural Committee and public health experts” as “we observe this transition of power.”

“It is not the job of the [JCCIC] to get ahead of the electoral process and decide who we are inaugurating,” Blunt said in a statement, calling on committee-members to “adhere to the committee’s long-standing tradition of bipartisan cooperation and focus on the task at hand.”

Forbes has reached out to spokespeople for each member of the committee.

CHIEF CRITIC
"The extent to which Republicans are refusing to accept the outcome of the election... is astounding," Hoyer said. “Their continued deference to President Trump's post-election temper tantrums threatens our democracy and undermines faith in our system of elections.”

KEY BACKGROUND
Most Republicans in Congress have remained silent on the election results or expressed public support for Trump’s legal efforts and unfounded fraud claims, with just a couple dozen acknowledging Biden’s victory. A handful of Trump administration officials, such as NATO Ambassador Kay Bailey Hutchison and General Services Administration head Emily Murphy, have recognized him as president-elect as well.

CRUCIAL QUOTE
“Please send me a list of the 25 RINOS,” Trump tweeted in response to a Washington Post article about Republicans in Congress who have reportedly recognized Biden’s win, displaying his willingness to retaliate against Republicans who break with him. He has even advocated primary challenges against some GOP officials deemed disloyal on the election.

TANGENT
The resolution was proposed on the “safe harbor” deadline, the date at which states are suppose to resolve “any controversy or contest” to the appointment of electors.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR
Some Republicans have signaled that Dec. 14, the date the electoral college is schedule to vote, will be the point at which they acknowledge Biden’s victory. Others have said they are willing to hold out until Congress votes to certify, with Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) even leading a no-shot effort to block certification.

They are so afraid they can't even agree to say Biden won.  Hard to believe the Alpha males are so cowardly.  Ok, not hard to believe... Smirk
Reply/Quote
It takes an exceptional genius to declare yourself the winner and then demand a recount.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 09:23 PM)Interceptor Wrote: It takes an exceptional genius to declare yourself the winner and then demand a recount.

And only in some states.

And in counties that didn't use the Dominion machines.

They are bad at everything except fooling the dumbest people into believing them and supporting them.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 09:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: And only in some states.

And in counties that didn't use the Dominion machines.

They are bad at everything except fooling the dumbest people into believing them and supporting them.

Only 42 days left of this nonsense and the country can begin to move forward.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 08:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Supreme Court won't hear the PA appeal.

You have to wonder if Trump is going to continue his MO of calling out people who don't support him when it applies to the SC.  Is he going to say that Kavanaugh is in on the steal?
Reply/Quote
Not only will Trump go down as the worst modern day President, even worse than Nixon, but he is inching closer and closer of becoming a clear and present danger to our country.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 02:14 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Not only will Trump go down as the worst modern day President, even worse than Nixon, but he is inching closer and closer of becoming a clear and present danger to our country.

The difference with Nixon is that his own party eventually turned on him. The Republican party has been complicit to this erosion of democracy and history will remember. 
Reply/Quote
Guess we can throw the Republican-majority Supreme Court into the Deep State Conspiracy Plot as well.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 09:05 AM)Au165 Wrote: The difference with Nixon is that his own party eventually turned on him. The Republican party has been complicit to this erosion of democracy and history will remember. 

Will it though? The electorate in general is fairly politically illiterate. And there is, demonstratably, a large portion of people who are buying what Trump is selling here. If there weren't I think there would be more repudiation from the GOP.

I'd like to believe that there will be accountability for the GOP, but recent history would lead me to believe otherwise.
Reply/Quote
I'm old enough to remember when the right was fighting tooth and nail for the electoral college because "the state's elect the President" and some of us were like "No, it's a national election so we should just count all votes"?

Remember?

Anyway....in a non-surprising turn of events the GOP doesn't care about "state's rights" when they need to nationalize something to cheat and give them power.

Who could have imagined.

I mean they fought so hard to "prove" that Trump was legit despite losing the popular vote and now they are fighting to prove he is legit despite losing everything.

It's a cult.  And these fools will be with us for too long.  Defended by other fools who insist that they alone are not in the cult while completely being in the cult.
Reply/Quote
This sad, disgusting and pitiful.

How are people still defending this a month after the election?

More to the point where are the people who "didn't" defend Trump for five years and supported their "boys" like McConnell? You should be here criticizing them.  Have you no shame or sense of reason?

Gone like scared rabbits. Only to cowardly, slink back in when they think they will be able to make a political point against "the other side" someday.

The silence is defining and speaks volumes about what they think and are about...and it's not the good of our country. Never was. It was their own politics...period.

[Image: djt120920.png]
Reply/Quote
...and this is why Trump's damage to democracy can not be understated. Every idiot who loses is now wanting to pretend like they got screwed. Their arguments will never go anywhere but it simply creates headaches for our courts to deal with these bafoons.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/massachusetts-republican-who-lost-by-almost-50-points-cites-trumps-arguments-to-overturn-her-loss/#.X9Dy0YUbPCg.twitter

Quote:Three Massachusetts Republican candidates who each lost elections this fall by at least 25 points are now suing to have their losses overturned — and are citing President Donald Trump’s arguments to do it.

Salem News reports that the three failed U.S. congressional candidates — John Paul Moran, Helen Brady, and Caroline Colarusso — are asking courts to decertify November 3rd election results using the same claims made by Trump allies such as Sidney Powell about Dominion Voting Systems.

Appearing at a court hearing on Tuesday, Moran argued that the 2020 election was fatally tainted by “widescale voter fraud, compromised electronic voting systems, and unconstitutional provisions for early and mail-in voting,” the Salem News reports.

The arguments being made by the Massachusetts Republicans are particularly audacious given the scope of their defeats: Moran lost to Rep. Seth Moulton (D-MA) by 31 pointsBrady lost to Rep. Bill Keating (D-MA) by 25 points, and Colarusso lost to Rep. Katherine Clark (D-MA) by a whopping 49 points, according to Ballotpedia.

U.S. District Court Judge Allison Burroughs was highly skeptical of Moran’s arguments and said it would be unprecedented to overturn an election based on complaints that should have been filed and resolved months before the election occurred.

“You don’t get to look at the constitutional issues, and not say a word until after the election and after you’ve lost,” she told him.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 01:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...and this is why Trump's damage to democracy can not be understated. Every idiot who loses is now wanting to pretend like they got screwed. Their arguments will never go anywhere but it simply creates headaches for our courts to deal with these bafoons.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/massachusetts-republican-who-lost-by-almost-50-points-cites-trumps-arguments-to-overturn-her-loss/#.X9Dy0YUbPCg.twitter

The cult of Trumpism knows no bounds and comes from the dumbest places in the human mind.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:09 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Guess we can throw the Republican-majority Supreme Court into the Deep State Conspiracy Plot as well.

Them, every judge that has tossed out all but 1 of the cases filed by the T Campaign, US Attorney General Barr, and the recently fired Cybersecurity chief hired by Trump admin.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
...But ANTIFA!

Quote:Kim Ward, the Republican majority leader of the Pennsylvania Senate, said the president had called her to declare there was fraud in the voting. But she said she had not been shown the letter to Congress, which was pulled together hastily, before its release.

Asked if she would have signed it, she indicated that the Republican base expected party leaders to back up Mr. Trump’s claims — or to face its wrath.

“If I would say to you, ‘I don’t want to do it,’” she said about signing the letter, “I’d get my house bombed tonight.”
Reply/Quote
Has anyone with some knowledge looked at the Texas lawsuit? There hasn't been much discussion about it and I've heard that it's well written and argued. Honestly I've been staying out of all of this as the election caused me enough drama on a local level.
Reply/Quote