Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back)
(01-04-2021, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are just making all of this up in your head.

LOL. Whatever you say, oh wise one. 
Reply/Quote
I really think these guys play hard for Zac. I don't feel like his coaching is the issue, however its the way he built his staff. It's terrible.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: You can hold the optimism for you and me both then.  In my mind, the Bengals are stupid after these two years and what Zac has shown to keep him.  I don't care if the players "support" him, I don't care that he's confident in his own abilities (which have pretty much sucked every stop along the way).  I don't see Zac as a leader, I don't see Zac as having vision or a real plan, I don't see Zac as someone who holds himself accountable at all, I don't see Zac as someone who holds his assistant coaches and coordinators accountable, I don't see Zac ever turning this around.  

I do see the Bengals making some moves in FA again, drafting a couple of guys we're all excited about, and everyone talking during TC next year about how "this year is going to be different."  We're good at that.  And as consistent at the Bengals are in disappointing this fan base, the fan base is equally consistent every year at being excited that little to no change is going to result in dramatically better results.

Sad but true.  My wife gives me sh1t every year for how excited i am during the draft and when the season's about to start.  So getting flack from this board for my optimism is not something that offends me at all.  I get it, I really do.  

After years of hating ML press conferences and his coach speak, I actually enjoy ZT's, perhaps because it's very different.  Shrug. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All he is doing is acknowledging that he listened to the fans.  Isn't that what you all wanted?

FANS - Fire Marvin!
MB - You got it!  Now what?
FANS - Hire the least qualified coaching staff imaginable! 
MB - You're the boss!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I really think these guys play hard for Zac.  I don't feel like his coaching is the issue, however its the way he built his staff.  It's terrible.

I think you're on point here.  I think he's learning on the job as he goes, and this was a clear mistake he made.  Let's see how the staff transforms this year.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:27 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I think you're on point here.  I think he's learning on the job as he goes, and this was a clear mistake he made.  Let's see how the staff transforms this year.  

Nothing like having an NFL coach, who makes millions of dollars, being in charge of over 200 million in payroll, for a 2 billion dollar franchise, "learning on the job".

What is he, a plumbers apprentice?
Reply/Quote
This is absolutely what I expected, even down to the letter Mike has been writing to fans since he took over as owner. He doesn’t know how to run a football team and certainly doesn’t know what it feels like to win because he never has.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Nothing like having an NFL coach, who makes millions of dollars, being in charge of over 200 million in payroll, for a 2 billion dollar franchise, "learning on the job".

What is he, a plumbers apprentice?

OK, so in case you didn't know what I meant by that is that any new HC is going to make mistakes or learn as they go.  I think that's what is happening here.  

Also, the bolded made me laugh.  I sure hope not!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: FANS - Fire Marvin!
MB - You got it!  Now what?
FANS - Hire the least qualified coaching staff imaginable! 
MB - You're the boss!

To be fair most fans were insisting that the new coach be "young with fresh new ideas" instead of an older coach who had been around the league.  They wre practically begging for an inexperienced head coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Why would I need reminding of this?

Because if he didn't say it you would be crying about how he never listens to the fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lou is not going anywhere. You upset now?

Yes, that will piss me off if they retain him for next year.  Mike can’t replace head coaches often cause it’s too much work for him, but they better replace Lou. The guy couldn’t coach my sons Pee Wee football team. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To be fair most fans were insisting that the new coach be "young with fresh new ideas" instead of an older coach who had been around the league.  They wre practically begging for an inexperienced head coach.

That's true enough for many.  I certainly wanted a younger, energetic coach to come in and replace ML who seemed tired and washed up when he left.  And the Bengals took a chance on Taylor.  And it hasn't paid off.  So it's time to go another direction.  There's no shame in trying something new if you can admit it didn't work and move on.  I'm not mad at The Family for hiring Taylor.  I am mad that they're keeping him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because if he didn't say it you would be crying about how he never listens to the fans.

What in the hell are you talking about?

I'm well aware "he listened to fans" when he parted ways with Marvin Lewis.  I don't need him to remind me of this, as if I somehow forgot.

And he's not listening to fans right now!!!!  Kind of an odd time to remind everyone you listened to fans in the past when you're ignoring them in the present.
Reply/Quote
Alright so... has anyone officially been fired yet? Turner, the defensive assistants... anyone??
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I really think these guys play hard for Zac. I don't feel like his coaching is the issue, however its the way he built his staff. It's terrible.

If that was playing hard yesterday I’d hate to see what the opposite looks like...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To be fair most fans were insisting that the new coach be "young with fresh new ideas" instead of an older coach who had been around the league.  They wre practically begging for an inexperienced head coach.

We did bite pretty hard on the hip trend at the time, but we also went QB coach and his inexperienced buddies when other teams were going OC and veteran DC etc.  

I also don't get why we are even entertaining the idea that Mike Brown listened to the fans when he has shown that asking him to do something has a 0% chance of changing his mind.  I'd say Katie and Troy talked him into chasing a trend and then going chitnzy on it, to boot.  Fans ask for stupid stuff, though that's for sure but I think this one is on MB and company and they're trying to blame outside influences. 

The best way I can sum this up is Christmas of 1988 my cousin wanted a Ninendo and he woke up on Christmas morning and found that Santa brought him a dart board.  Sean McVey is a Nintendo, ZT is a dartboard...yeah, you got something new and you wanted something new but you can't help but look at what other kids got on Christmas morning and wonder "why me?"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:42 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Alright so... has anyone officially been fired yet? Turner, the defensive assistants... anyone??

I told Mike Brown to keep Lou and he listened to me since I'm a fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:42 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Alright so... has anyone officially been fired yet? Turner, the defensive assistants... anyone??

It’s already been announced Turner won’t be back.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I really think these guys play hard for Zac. 

To each their own, but this idea (playing hard) seems to me to be either outdated or it simply doesn't apply to professional athletes.

NFL players tend to play hard.  There's millions of dollars on the line for each and every one of them.  The have generational wealth on the line.

If we want to talk about little Billy's team playing hard for Coach Taylor's team at Washington High School then I can buy that.  But I refuse to give credit to an NFL coach who has his guys "playing hard".
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We did bite pretty hard on the hip trend at the time, but we also went QB coach and his inexperienced buddies when other teams were going OC and veteran DC etc.  

I also don't get why we are even entertaining the idea that Mike Brown listened to the fans when he has shown that asking him to do something has a 0% chance of changing his mind.  I'd say Katie and Troy talked him into chasing a trend and then going chitnzy on it, to boot.  Fans ask for stupid stuff, though that's for sure but I think this one is on MB and company and they're trying to blame outside influences. 

A lot of people here have poor memories of what happened when Taylor was hired.

When I dared to question Taylor's credentials I was crucified for "supporting Marvin".  A large majority of the fans were pleased with the hire.  But now that Taylor has failed miserably it is all Mike Browns fault for making such a stupid decision.
Reply/Quote