Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Reds Season Day by Day Fan Feedback
Reds now have lost 8 out of 9 on their home stand since the all star break. They have been outscored 70-24.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bailey is still a dumpster fire. Cut him and eat the salary, nobody else's would want him in a trade.
Reply/Quote
Will price be fired during or after the season?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 05:59 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Will price be fired during or after the season?

I would like to see Larkin get the job next year but not sure he wants it.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:38 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I would like to see Larkin get the job next year but not sure he wants it.

Or Sabo. Isn't Sabo already managing in the minors for the Reds?
Reply/Quote
At least Castillo still looks like a star! Big Grin
Reply/Quote
God DAMN, Bailey is awful.
Reply/Quote
Reds just may have a pitching staff next season with Homer, Mahel, Castillo, RobSteve , Romano and possibly Garett.. 
Yeah, I know everyone wants to knock Homer, but he really did begin putting it back together toward the end of this season. Stevenson seems to finally be getting big league ready and I think Castillo and Mahel are both the real deal..
Now watch the bullpen crumble..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 05:59 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Will price be fired during or after the season?

That ship sailed. Price was extended already.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 09:49 PM)grampahol Wrote: Reds just may have a pitching staff next season with Homer, Mahel, Castillo, RobSteve , Romano and possibly Garett.. 
Yeah, I know everyone wants to knock Homer, but he really did begin putting it back together toward the end of this season. Stevenson seems to finally be getting big league ready and I think Castillo and Mahel are both the real deal..
Now watch the bullpen crumble..  

Among rookie pitchers across the majors (minimum 60 IP, approximately 10 starts) Luis Castillo was 1st in ERA, 1st in WHIP, 3rd in WAR (the two players above him started 10 more games, giving them more time to accumulate WAR, which is a quantitative stat rather than qualitative), 3rd in K/9, 5th in K/BB, 1st in groundball/flyball ratio, 1st in component ERA (expected ERA based on hits and walks rather than runs scored), 1st in defense-independent ERA, 1st in BABIP (Batted average on balls in play), 2nd in BAA, 1st in OBP allowed, 2nd in SLG allowed, 1st in OPS allowed.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/pitching/_/position/rookie/sort/WHIP/order/false/minip/60

I think it’s safe to say we got a star on our hands Big Grin.

As for Stephenson, I read an article talking about what's changed since he came back up this past month. Apparently, it's his slider. It's an interesting read and please let him never throw that curve ball ever again:

https://www.redreporter.com/2017/9/6/16262294/robert-stephensons-new-slider-has-made-him-unhittable

I really like the idea of Mahle, Castillo and Stephenson being part of our rotation next year. It's a little early to be calling Stephenson a new player, but it definitely looks promising. They each seem to have done some good work at the end of this season.

Of course, the end of the season can be deceptive. Hopefully, it translates into next year.

The other 2 spots I think will be more open. Finnegan and Desclafani, if they can stay healthy, can compete for those spots, as can Bailey and Garrett. Garrett was a bit of a train wreck the last few months, but he could rebound. Cody Reed, also, is not out of the picture. If he can get his pitches under control he's got some great stuff as well.

And then Romano has shown to be talented as well.

I kind of like our starters going into next season. I hope they find a good veteran, even if it costs a lot of money, because these guys are very young still. Any of them are prone to regress (or get injured). I don't mean a Scott Feldman type. Maybe not quite Yu Darvish or Jake Arrieta level free agent, but somewhere between Feldman and Yarvish should be a nice free agent pick up for our rotation.

Then our offense looks good overall. Just gotta get the pitching staff in line and we may be a dark horse for next year.

Bullpens are easily remedied, as they change on a yearly basis. We can throw the guys that didn't become starters into the bullpen if necessary and be just fine :).
Reply/Quote
Agree with about everything u say Crazyj,

Castillo sure seems like the real deal ! He's 3-7 and you could so easily flip flop that win loss with just average run support. We could well have the makings of the 2 thru 5 starters ?

But we need to go out and get a true ACE, a 20 - 22 game winner who can stop losing streaks etc. etc. Team whoever that is up with Castillo, Stephenson, and Mahle and we might be a borderline contender next season.
Reply/Quote
Bailey
Castillo
Finnegan
Desclafani
Stephenson/Romano/Mahle/Garrett/Davis/Reed

Setup = Lorenzen
Closer = Iglesias

Barring injuries, that's looking like a solid staff next year.
Reply/Quote
Woohoo! 2018 world series IN CINCINNATI!  
Hey, stranger things have happened. 

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 11:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: Woohoo! 2018 world series IN CINCINNATI!  
Hey, stranger things have happened. 

[Image: gallery_01.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote