Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals made one HUGE mistake in this draft
(04-30-2017, 05:11 AM)kevin Wrote: Mike Brown who had no respect for Montoya, Steinbach or Zeitler again showed his lack of respect for O Line and blocking. 

Mike Brown respected all of thjose guys.

Mike Brown was not GM when Montoya left in free agency.

The Brown overpaid for Steinbach.  Mike Brown would have been stupid to pay him more when he had Whitworth ready to step in and replace him.

Mike Brown has always paid O-linemen well.   Willie and Levi were the highest paid OT duo in the league.  He also paid to re-sign Braham, Bobbie Williams, Whitworth, Kyle Cook, Boling, and almost every other good O-lineman we have had here over the last decade.

The claim that Mike Brown does not value the o-line is a complete lie when you look at the facts. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:16 PM)Steve Wrote: i was totally in love w/ this draft until I saw this GLARING screw up....
as in WTF was our war room thinking.....  Bang Head

rd 5, pick 153  they draft a smallish kicker out of Memphis....
Jake Elliott....the grade on this pick was listed as "poor" b/c he's so small he's erratic on longer kicks & has no hang time on kickoffs....if ya want a kicker in rd 5 fine.....BUT YOU PICKED THE WRONG ONE....

turns out the right one, went to the Browns at pick 224....yes pick 224 in the 7th rd....Zane Gonzalez...
how did our war room screw this kicking pick up so bad...??? 
I am shocked...!!!!  Sick Cry
so in the future when we watch the browns convert 50+ yard field goals while we're forced to punt from the 35 yrd line remember this war room screw up.....they just totally wasted a 5th rd pick.... Pissed

They took their guy when they wanted him, really interesting story of a soccer player recruited to football. I agree with above posts the your report is a bit obscured. Bengals drafted him due to the fact that he has better kickoff abilities. As well, the kid has 202 consecutive PAT's (not to jinx him) and was able to break all of Gostkowski's records. Including school all time scorer, surpassing not only Gostkowski but Deangelo Williams as well. 

If they felt he was their guy, I'm all for giving him  a chance.
Reply/Quote
Robert Aquayo was a 2nd round can't miss kicker......all he did this year was miss. I'll trust Simmons on who the better kicker is, hell Todd McShay even said he doesn't study kickers or even know what the proper mechanics are.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I think he will need to improve to make the team. A kicker can cost a win and he will have a short string until he proves himself. Between the ears is most important as other teams try to ice you or you become inconsistent.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 11:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown respected all of thjose guys.

Mike Brown was not GM when Montoya left in free agency.

The Brown overpaid for Steinbach.  Mike Brown would have been stupid to pay him more when he had Whitworth ready to step in and replace him.

Mike Brown has always paid O-linemen well.   Willie and Levi were the highest paid OT duo in the league.  He also paid to re-sign Braham, Bobbie Williams, Whitworth, Kyle Cook, Boling, and almost every other good O-lineman we have had here over the last decade.

The claim that Mike Brown does not value the o-line is a complete lie when you look at the facts. 

I absolutely hate to agree with Fred, but at least once a year I will make an exception.
Until next year!

Forgot to mention that Zietler wanted the money and a lot of it. Brown wasn't going to hamstring us with putting that money in him, when in another year or so we are going to have to put it into our Tackles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:21 PM)Takedown Wrote: No

No comment on the post, but I watched the video of your sig about 100 times.  It makes me so happy.  Now, next time, hit him so hard he shits himself on the Nationally televised MNF game. 
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2017, 10:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No comment on the post, but I watched the video of your sig about 100 times.  It makes me so happy.  Now, next time, hit him so hard he shits himself on the Nationally televised MNF game. 

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 01:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I think Harley is going to feel threatened with his "Best use of GIFs, pics, etc" if you keep this up (wipes coffee off the screen).
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 09:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Harley is going to feel threatened with his "Best use of GIFs, pics, etc" if you keep this up (wipes coffee off the screen).

Nah, Harley and I are more like a tag team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 09:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Nah, Harley and I are more like a tag team.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Killing me!!!
Reply/Quote
I think if there's one HUGE mistake in this draft, it will be taking JJ Dielman over Chase Roullier or Danny Isidora. I don't see Dielman ever becoming a quality OL whereas I thought Isidora could become a solid starting RG and Roullier becoming a solid starter at C.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:16 PM)Steve Wrote: i was totally in love w/ this draft until I saw this GLARING screw up....
as in WTF was our war room thinking.....  Bang Head

rd 5, pick 153  they draft a smallish kicker out of Memphis....
Jake Elliott....the grade on this pick was listed as "poor" b/c he's so small he's erratic on longer kicks & has no hang time on kickoffs....if ya want a kicker in rd 5 fine.....BUT YOU PICKED THE WRONG ONE....

turns out the right one, went to the Browns at pick 224....yes pick 224 in the 7th rd....Zane Gonzalez...
how did our war room screw this kicking pick up so bad...??? 
I am shocked...!!!!  Sick Cry
so in the future when we watch the browns convert 50+ yard field goals while we're forced to punt from the 35 yrd line remember this war room screw up.....they just totally wasted a 5th rd pick.... Pissed

I think the screw up was a kicker this early when we needed an O Lineman....We passed on some good O Lineman in Rounds 3 and 4, but there were still a couple worth drafting early in 5, and we have a HUGE mistake at O Line going into the season...We could have taken O Line early in 5 and still got one of these two kickers in late 5 or 6. ...but, it is over....I hope it works out....For a team hurting at O Line, we sure didn't address it.  I certainly thought Rounds 3, 4 or early 5 we would take an O Lineman, but we didn't.  To me, THAT was the HUGE mistake of the draft. ...All I wanted was one O Line pick in 3 or 4 or early 5. We had a lot of picks here. I think maybe 5 picks. One could have been O Line.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2017, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think if there's one HUGE mistake in this draft, it will be taking JJ Dielman over Chase Roullier or Danny Isidora. I don't see Dielman ever becoming a quality OL whereas I thought Isidora could become a solid starting RG and Roullier becoming a solid starter at C.

I definately wanted Roullier more than Dielman before the draft but JJ is very versatile and can play Center.

Yah never know, could of been the right pick.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 06:03 PM)kevin Wrote: I think the screw up was a kicker this early when we needed an O Lineman....We passed on some good O Lineman in Rounds 3 and 4, but there were still a couple worth drafting early in 5, and we have a HUGE mistake at O Line going into the season...We could have taken O Line early in 5 and still got one of these two kickers in late 5 or 6. ...but, it is over....I hope it works out....For a team hurting at O Line, we sure didn't address it.  I certainly thought Rounds 3, 4 or early 5 we would take an O Lineman, but we didn't.  To me, THAT was the HUGE mistake of the draft. ...All I wanted was one O Line pick in 3 or 4 or early 5. We had a lot of picks here. I think maybe 5 picks. One could have been O Line.

I wouldn't trade Willis or Lawson for an O-lineman.

At this point, I don't see a 5th round guy coming in and making an impact over the young guys we've taken the last few years.

It sounds like Redmond and Westerman have made some progress.  If you are looking for young guys to step up, those two have a better chance then a 5th rounder this year that would have just sat the bench (like those guys did)
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 11:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't trade Willis or Lawson for an O-lineman.

At this point, I don't see a 5th round guy coming in and making an impact over the young guys we've taken the last few years.

It sounds like Redmond and Westerman have made some progress.  If you are looking for young guys to step up, those two have a better chance then a 5th rounder this year that would have just sat the bench (like those guys did)

Completely agree.

Anyone that says they would trade Willis or Lawson for a bench riding O-lineman better start looking at their priorities.

We needed to get after the passer as much as protect ours and no rookie was going to do this for us this year.

Willis and Lawson on the other hand just might get after the passer as rookies and i am betting they do.
Reply/Quote