Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am so proud
(05-30-2017, 03:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: Capt. Jean Luc Picard supports Huddersfield Town? Between him and another Bengals fan rooting for them....I will support them whenever they are not playing Arsenal.
Yes Patrick Stewart is from Mirfield, 10 minutes from where I live 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Stewart#Early_life
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 06:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Leicester was an amazing story in all of sports. In 2008-2009, they were in the 3rd tier league known as League 1. Then by end of 2013-14 season they won the EFL (the 2nd tier league) to move up to the Premier League (1st tier). 

In the 2014-15 season they were close to being relegated back to the EFL, but went on a tear at the end of year to finish in 14th in the PL. Then the 2015-2016 season they won it all, and secured a spot in the Champions League, the biggest Euro non-international tourney. They would make it to the quarter finals to lose to Atletico Madrid not to long ago.

A footnote to all this, Euro football clubs can be ruthless with their managers (head coaches). Their hc that lead them the last two years in the PL to win it all, was fired a few months ago because they were close to being relegated back to the EFL. 
Correct. 
They were only in League One for one season, they comfortably won the division.
Traditionally Leicester yoyo between the Prem and the Championship.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 10:31 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: This may seem like nothing to you but I am so proud of my club that I just had to share this.

My club, HUDDERSFIELD TOWN, have made the championship play offs. We are potentially three games off playing in the premier league.

To put this in context, we have spent 3.5 million pounds on players this season. Compared to Newcastle (finished 2nd) who spent 55million...Aston Villa who spent 90 million (12th place). Aston Villa spent more than REAL MADRID this season!!!! We have the same budget as Rotherham who finished dead last. They are about 20 points behind the team above them. We have the same budget and have a shot at being in the same league as Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

None of you will care, but as a lifelong fan I feel this is my duty to spread the word.

This has been done on work ethic, positivity and team spirit. You can spend as much as you like but ultimately work ethic and spirit are the most important values in all sport.

In the words of cult hero Michael Hefele...it's a f*cking dream!!!!!!

Good luck to your team tomorrow vs. Crystal Palace. I'll be switching over to it at times, as I like to flip through the games when a few are on at once. Unless United is on. 

update: What a start! 3-0 win over Palace
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 01:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Good luck to your team tomorrow vs. Crystal Palace. I'll be switching over to it at times, as I like to flip through the games when a few are on at once. Unless United is on. 

update: What a start! 3-0 win over Palace

Incredible mate, a day i'll never forget!

We're huge underdogs, and this is just one game, but surely this is a warning to all those who wrote us off before a ball was kicked!

Reply/Quote
Man, nice thread to find around here...

I remember sitting here in May and just searching for some sports to watch, wenn I stumbled across your semi-finale. I was stunned to see all those not-that-well players from the second division in Germany: Löwe? Hefele? KACHUNGA? COLIN F*ing QUARNER? Going to the Premier league? I was absolutely hooked.

Really like your team and your coach. That's a smart guy.

Enjoy the flight through football heaven!
Someone told me to follow my dreams - so I'm going back to bed
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 04:46 PM)mano de dios Wrote: Man, nice thread to find around here...

I remember sitting here in May and just searching for some sports to watch, wenn I stumbled across your semi-finale. I was stunned to see all those not-that-well players from the second division in Germany: Löwe? Hefele? KACHUNGA? COLIN F*ing QUARNER? Going to the Premier league? I was absolutely hooked.

Really like your team and your coach. That's a smart guy.

Enjoy the flight through football heaven!

Heroes the lot of them!

https://youtu.be/PNp4bMtJ1nc - classic Hefele moment after a huge win over local rivals Leeds

https://youtu.be/8bufSbTVtJc - Wagner running on pitch to celebrate - would Marvin Lewis do this hahahaha?

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/aAHw1lOUXNg

This video really sums up how special last season was. Late winners aplenty in this.

Hope one year the Bengals can really click, and a real special bond between players and fans can be formed. All it takes is an open mind and some inginuity!

Reply/Quote
...and down go the magpies...

[Image: reverse-1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-...pprove.gif]
Someone told me to follow my dreams - so I'm going back to bed
Reply/Quote
I got to watch most of it on NBC sports. Good game, 2-0 in the PL!

One thing I noticed today was that they were good up until the last third of the field. It seemed they could control it and pass to get up there, but once there couldn't do much else on creating chances. But at least they scored on one of those chances. That was a solid strike.

One thing else though, the defense has been solid. They keep that up for the year, they will be back in the PL next year. They may not be able to stop some of the upper tiered teams like United, Chelsea, Tot, Arsenal, and MC, but they look they can definitely play with everyone else.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 04:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I got to watch most of it on NBC sports. Good game, 2-0 in the PL!

One thing I noticed today was that they were good up until the last third of the field. It seemed they could control it and pass to get up there, but once there couldn't do much else on creating chances. But at least they scored on one of those chances. That was a solid strike.

One thing else though, the defense has been solid. They keep that up for the year, they will be back in the PL next year. They may not be able to stop some of the upper tiered teams like United, Chelsea, Tot, Arsenal, and MC, but they look they can definitely play with everyone else.

I agree our attacking play did break down more today. However, Newcastle are a side who play with a defensive tendency, keep a very solid shape and allow very little space for attackers. We had the moment of quality in the end though

Encouraging signs so far defensively. Southampton next week will be a big test, they have some real flair going forward.

Reply/Quote