Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
Looks like I better go start another mock. Juices are flowing again.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Standings from last season, who's missing or already dropped out so far?

[Image: bcUUThb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 09:32 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Standings from last season, who's missing or already dropped out so far?

[Image: bcUUThb.png]

All have chimed in except Bengal Dude (Amelia)

BenZoo is out,but has been replaced by Tecmo

Stone the Crow is out (Dead Rabbits) and hasn't been replaced

Tiger is being a chic and will only stick around if we do snake draft
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All have chimed in except Bengal Dude (Amelia)

BenZoo is out,but has been replaced by Tecmo

Stone the Crow is out (Dead Rabbits) and hasn't been replaced

Tiger is being a chic and will only stick around if we do snake draft

I'm in.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tiger is being a chic and will only stick around if we do snake draft

Way to hurt my feelings chief.
Reply/Quote
If we go auction, let's make sure Burrow is the first player up for grabs. That'll make bidding interesting.

I'm good with a snake if it retains owners.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 09:32 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: [Image: bcUUThb.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer a snake draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 07:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

You got lucky dude!  Lol
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 01:31 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd prefer a snake draft.

Oh yeah.  Where's the vote total at bfine?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 08:25 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Oh yeah.  Where's the vote total at bfine?

Reading through it looks like it's:

Auction : 2(3 if bfine still votes this way)

Standard :4-5

Then you got a couple that don't have a preference.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:45 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Reading through it looks like it's:

Auction : 2(3 if bfine still votes this way)

Standard :4-5

Then you got a couple that don't have a preference.

I'll officially vote standard (but I don't have a preference; auction drafting is fun).
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:47 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll officially vote standard (but I don't have a preference; auction drafting is fun).

I think I actually miscounted the first time as well, going back I think it's at 6 for standard now.

So looks like standard is the way it's going, half have voted standard and a couple that don't have preference. Looks like Auction lost out.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have an opinion on my suggestion of 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 D, 1 K Lineup?

Note: The key difference is instead of having to start to 2 running backs, you have the option of using 1 RB, and another WR or TE with your extra flex. Obviously you can still start two running backs if you like; hell, you can start 3. It just gives you more options to build your lineup week to week.

With this being a 12 team league, and with the NFL just not having a ton of great backs anymore, it gets tough for some rosters late in the year to fill that 2nd spot with anyone that isn't a total turd. To each their own, but I don't think the old lineup setting works well for 12 man leagues nowadays.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 12:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Does anyone have an opinion on my suggestion of 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 D, 1 K Lineup?  

Note: The key difference is instead of having to start to 2 running backs, you have the option of using 1 RB, and another  WR or TE with your extra flex.  Obviously you can still start two running backs if you like; hell, you can start 3.  It just gives you more options to build your lineup week to week.

With this being a 12 team league, and with the NFL just not having a ton of great backs anymore, it gets tough for some rosters late in the year to fill that 2nd spot with anyone that isn't a total turd. To each their own, but I don't think the old lineup setting works well for 12 man leagues nowadays.

I think I would be for that.  So I'll vote yes on that...officially.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 12:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Does anyone have an opinion on my suggestion of 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 D, 1 K Lineup?  

Note: The key difference is instead of having to start to 2 running backs, you have the option of using 1 RB, and another  WR or TE with your extra flex.  Obviously you can still start two running backs if you like; hell, you can start 3.  It just gives you more options to build your lineup week to week.

I'd be fine with that, also wouldn't mind a 2nd flex even if we keep 2 RB slots.
Reply/Quote

I'd be fine with it. My own suggestion still would keep the second RB and just add one additional spot (even if it's potentially one additional turd). I see the point of there not being that many good RBs around, but as is the case for the not so many good TE's - this can be factored into the decision-making process in advance.
Reply/Quote
If it's down to a vote
Keep
Indifferent to draft, willing to try auction
Extra Flex proposed above
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 09:12 PM)SladeX Wrote: If it's down to a vote
Keep
Indifferent to draft, willing to try auction
Extra Flex proposed above

Kinda disappointed in Keepers, hadn't tried it til last year and feel like its not as fun as having fresh drafts every year.

Something nice about having a fresh start every year rather than having the top 12 players being keepers and basically eliminating the first round.

I vote no for Keepers and not just for this year, I think it kinda makes things less interesting year to year, especially when we seem to have 3-4 new guys taking over teams every year.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 10:18 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Kinda disappointed in Keepers, hadn't tried it til last year and feel like its not as fun as having fresh drafts every year.

Something nice about having a fresh start every year rather than having the top 12 players being keepers and basically eliminating the first round.

I vote no for Keepers and not just for this year, I think it kinda makes things less interesting year to year, especially when we seem to have 3-4 new guys taking over teams every year.

I like how you put that.  I'm leaning towards a yes on keepers.  Good point Bob!
Reply/Quote