Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-19-2016, 03:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: DeAndre Hopkins will now be available to draft.

Isn't he holding out?  Or did he end that?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Understand Baldwin will cost you an 8th.

Ugh. I wasn't aware of that, thanks for letting me know. I'll still stick with him though.

(08-19-2016, 05:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Isn't he holding out?  Or did he end that?

I read that he ended his holdout 1 day into camp. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:57 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Yeah last season I traded Chris Johnson and a 12th round pick to Tiger Teeth for his 8th round pick. I'm going to keep David Johnson which is going to cost me the 5th pick in the 8th round (my original pick) and I'll still own the 12th pick in the 8th round.

Unless I'm missing something I believe that's how it stands.

Oh, ok.  Yeah that's kinda of tough one.  I mean, I guess if you have two 8th rounders then you could use them both.  But, from the other standpoint, it would be a 7th and a 8th for anyone else, so that's probably why it was put down that way.

Either way makes sense to me, the difference is pretty negligible regardless.  I say we just let people use the extra 8th if they got it.  It really doesn't make much difference.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 11:21 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Oh, ok.  Yeah that's kinda of tough one.  I mean, I guess if you have two 8th rounders then you could use them both.  But, from the other standpoint, it would be a 7th and a 8th for anyone else, so that's probably why it was put down that way.

Either way makes sense to me, the difference is pretty negligible regardless.  I say we just let people use the extra 8th if they got it.  It really doesn't make much difference.

Agreed I think it's fair either way. I do think the best way to do it though is to stay true to the value of the player and let someone use the extra pick if they have it but like you and JC said both ways make sense and can be respected. I think the most important thing is to have an idea how these situations might shake out if we keep doing keepers in the future.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 07:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I read that he ended his holdout 1 day into camp. 

Oh.  Well that's very interesting.   Cool
Reply/Quote
Well, it looks like everything is pretty much all set. Draft will be here in no time. Looking forward to it, fellas! I wish you all the best of luck.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, it looks like everything is pretty much all set.  Draft will be here in no time.  Looking forward to it, fellas!  I wish you all the best of luck.

Yup you too. Looking forward to a new season. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I just don't wanna' finish last.
Reply/Quote
You all filled up? Gave up trying to find an updated list through 29 pages, and the OP still says 3 spots open.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 06:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You all filled up? Gave up trying to find an updated list through 29 pages, and the OP still says 3 spots open.

The OP was from 2015, and we filled it all up.  I'll give you a buzz if anything opens up though...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 07:12 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The OP was from 2015, and we filled it all up.  I'll give you a buzz if anything opens up though...

Lol, didn't even see that. Thanks, I probably procrastinated a bit long to find a second league to play in this year. Normally don't see leagues draft before Week 3 is finished, because that's when the starters play the most, so you get the injuries out of the way, and more or less know how the depth chart will look like.

Anyway, yeah, put me on the waiting list or whatnot if you wouldn't mind.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 07:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lol, didn't even see that. Thanks, I probably procrastinated a bit long to find a second league to play in this year. Normally don't see leagues draft before Week 3 is finished, because that's when the starters play the most, so you get the injuries out of the way, and more or less know how the depth chart will look like.

Anyway, yeah, put me on the waiting list or whatnot if you wouldn't mind.

Real Deal is running a second board league
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have finalized the league, set keepers, and customized the draft.

It is a snake draft (I pick first Rd 1, Last Rd2, First Rd 3.....). Below is the drafted order, keepers chosen, the draft pick they costed, and the 1 draft pick trade I am tracking:

Hugh G. Rection (bfine32) - Ryan Matthews/ Larry Fitzgerald (8/7)
Urinal Cake (vas deferens) - Devonta Freeman (8)
Bengaly McBengalface (Bengal Dude)-Amari Cooper (4)
Johnald Trump (Johnny Cupcakes) - Brandon Marshall/Marvin Jones (4/8)
Cage the Bengal (CageTheBengal) - David Johnson (8) Extra 8th
Wolf’s Pack (Wolfaosaun) - Rob Gronk (1)
Eddies Cheeseburgers (Shake ‘n Blake) - Todd Gurley/ Doug Baldwin (5/8)
Sunset’s Sweethearts (SunsetBengal) - Antonio Brown/ Blake Bortles (1/8)
Toast Jones (Toast Jones) - Julio Jones/ Jarvis Landry (1/4)
Harley Dog (Harley Dog) - Adrian Peterson/Allen Robinson (1/5)
Sorry Eiferted (Mr Rager) - OBJ/ Cam Newton (1/8)
Tiger Teeth (Tiger Teeth) - AJ Green/ Jordan Reed (1/8) Extra 12th

The date of the draft is set for 8/31/2016 at 7:30 (EST).

Let me know if anyone has any issues.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have finalized the league, set keepers, and customized the draft.

It is a snake draft (I pick first Rd 1, Last Rd2, First Rd 3.....). Below is the drafted order, keepers chosen, the draft pick they costed, and the 1 draft pick trade I am tracking:

Hugh G. Rection (bfine32) - Ryan Matthews/ Larry Fitzgerald (8/7)
Urinal Cake (vas deferens) - Devonta Freeman (8)
Bengaly McBengalface (Bengal Dude)-Amari Cooper (4)
Johnald Trump (Johnny Cupcakes) - Brandon Marshall/Marvin Jones (4/8)
Cage the Bengal (CageTheBengal) - David Johnson (8) Extra 8th
Wolf’s Pack (Wolfaosaun) - Rob Gronk (1)
Eddies Cheeseburgers (Shake ‘n Blake) - Todd Gurley/ Doug Baldwin (5/8)
Sunset’s Sweethearts (SunsetBengal) - Antonio Brown/ Blake Bortles (1/8)
Toast Jones (Toast Jones) - Julio Jones/ Jarvis Landry (1/4)
Harley Dog (Harley Dog) - Adrian Peterson/Allen Robinson (1/5)
Sorry Eiferted (Mr Rager) - OBJ/ Cam Newton (1/8)
Tiger Teeth (Tiger Teeth) - AJ Green/ Jordan Reed (1/8) Extra 12th

The date of the draft is set for 8/31/2016 at 7:30 (EST).

Let me know if anyone has any issues.

Looks like you have put in a lot of work.  Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 04:52 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Looks like you have put in a lot of work.  Thanks.

Ditto and everything looks good to me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 04:52 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Looks like you have put in a lot of work.  Thanks.

There is actually as issue with your Keeper (REED). He is an 8th Rd value, but you don't have an 8th (traded to CTB). So if you want to keep him it will cost you a 7th. The good news it is that last pick of the 7th RD. So it's the same as if you would have kept your 8th and given it (1st pick in Rd 8)

Reply/Quote
If you log in and click Draft results you will see your draft choices with keepers inserted. I need folks to verify.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 06:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is actually as issue with your Keeper (REED). He is an 8th Rd value, but you don't have an 8th (traded to CTB). So if you want to keep him it will cost you a 7th. The good news it is that last pick of the 7th RD. So it's the same as if you would have kept your 8th and given it (1st pick in Rd 8)

That makes sense and is fair.  No problem.
Reply/Quote
Something we can try this year; as I've been playing around with the customize draft tool (BTW, I have all 12 picks in the 1st Rd), is trade Keepers/Picks. For instance I have the 1st overall pick and being as I'm not a tOSU homer, I don't have to have Zeke Elliott. Perhaps someone wants to throw in the first and a later pick to move up. Or Dez Bryant is available, but you'll most likely have to have one of the top 3 picks to get him. so Toast may offer up Dez Bryant for the 1-3 pick ect...

I think it can add entertainment. I (JC can override me) not consider any trades that include next year's picks. Also I will go with the majority. I'm actually pretty flexible.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you log in and click Draft results you will see your draft choices with keepers inserted. I need folks to verify.

Mine look alright.  Do you need any sort of confirmation, other than this message?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote