Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-22-2016, 07:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mine look alright.  Do you need any sort of confirmation, other than this message?

Nope
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In the league notes, it says that our live draft cannot take place due to errors by the commish.

Has this already been resolved, should I just dismiss?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the league notes, it says that our live draft cannot take place due to errors by the commish.  

Has this already been resolved, should I just dismiss?

The league is ready to draft

Reply/Quote
Mine are good.
Reply/Quote
Mine are good.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
My keepers look good as well.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Something we can try this year; as I've been playing around with the customize draft tool (BTW, I have all 12 picks in the 1st Rd), is trade Keepers/Picks. For instance I have the 1st overall pick and being as I'm not a tOSU homer, I don't have to have Zeke Elliott. Perhaps someone wants to throw in the first and a later pick to move up. Or Dez Bryant is available, but you'll most likely have to have one of the top 3 picks to get him. so Toast may offer up Dez Bryant for the 1-3 pick ect...

I think it can add entertainment. I (JC can override me) not consider any trades that include next year's picks. Also I will go with the majority. I'm actually pretty flexible.

I like the idea of being able to trade draft picks as the draft rolls along.  I did it once, and it takes a bit longer because everyone is trying to trade picks at every single selection, but it's a fun idea.

I'm not a big fan of trading future picks because Yahoo doesn't have a good way of keeping track of that.

As you said though, I'm for whatever the majority rules.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Keepers look good.

As for trades, I have enough trouble sorting through all the players I want in the 2 minutes I'm on the clock. Considering trades would just muddy it up even further. Plus I may be on my phone app, which would make it pretty much impossible.

I'm fine of yall want to trade amongst youselves though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm for doing trades during the draft but we may want to extend the clock a little bit. If only some are into it though it might not be worth pursuing.
Reply/Quote
I'm not against owners trading during the draft, but I won't be proposing or entertaining any offers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My keeper looks good.

I don't have a problem with trades, but I won't be participating in them.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 02:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not against owners trading during the draft, but I won't be proposing or entertaining any offers.

(08-23-2016, 04:03 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't have a problem with trades, but I won't be participating in them.

Same for me.  Don't get mad when I say no thanks.
Reply/Quote
Just to clarify: I've been around the Bengal mock draft to know trades during the draft are a mess waiting to happen; I was talking about this week leading up to the draft. That's why I only mentioned draft picks and keepers. Once the draft begins I'm pretty sure the Commish cannot stop it to process trades.

I'll throw one out a couple right now:

The #1 overall pick for Todd Gurley

The #1 overall pick for a later 1st rounder and a mid-round pick.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just to clarify: I've been around the Bengal mock draft to know trades during the draft are a mess waiting to happen; I was talking about this week leading up to the draft. That's why I only mentioned draft picks and keepers. Once the draft begins I'm pretty sure the Commish cannot stop it to process trades.

I'll throw one out a couple right now:

The #1 overall pick for Todd Gurley

The #1 overall pick for a later 1st rounder and a mid-round pick.

I like the idea. If anyone wants to send me an offer for David Johnson I'm open to hearing it.
Reply/Quote
Being that it's a free league I personally would vote against trades going on during the draft.

I think simplicity is key with these types of leagues. Getting ten people who are willing to actually participate in the draft, and set their lineup every week, can be a struggle. It can be tough to get a somewhat even level of owner activity as well (waiver claims, trades made, lineup adjustments).

So I think if it gets too convoluted then it will just become too much work for some (especially the commish). Note: Props to Bfine for doing everything he has thus far. That had to take a decent amount of time, and I appreciate his efforts in relaying everything to all of us as well.

If we were to allow for trades during the draft the clock would have to be set at a minimum of 5 minutes a pick. That's a big difference in time. Let's just say with the longer clock, on average we use just a half of minute to a minute longer than had we stayed with a 2 minute time. There's going to be 150 + picks. You're talking 75-150 more minutes. 1.25 to 2.5 more hours.

So yeah, +1 vote for against draft day trades. I think the fact we've managed to install keepers is already quite an accomplishment for a free, somewhat annonymous league. Let's quit while we're ahead.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The #1 overall pick for a later 1st rounder and a mid-round pick.

Someone should jump all over this.

I don't have a late first, but I do have an early 2nd. Pick #10.  What type of pick would you want paired with that?  
Reply/Quote
My keepers look good. Unfortunately, I cannot draft because I work 2nd shift so no trades for me. I can still steamroll this league with an autopicked team!
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 02:36 AM)MrRager Wrote: My keepers look good. Unfortunately, I cannot draft because I work 2nd shift so no trades for me. I can still steamroll this league with an autopicked team!

There is a feature on yahoo where you can change your pre-draft rankings.  At least that way the computer is somewhat working off what you think.  I think it's a somewhat decent compromise for those who can't make the draft.  
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 02:36 AM)MrRager Wrote: I can still steamroll this league with an autopicked team!

Yeah, I heard that last year.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 02:59 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There is a feature on yahoo where you can change your pre-draft rankings.  At least that way the computer is somewhat working off what you think.  I think it's a somewhat decent compromise for those who can't make the draft.  

Yeah, I will definitely be tweaking those this weekend. Going through and making player rankings is one of my favorite parts of the fantasy year.  
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote