Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(09-02-2015, 08:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You've only played once?  Dude, I've been in a league with you for like 4 straight years, right? 

But no....we're doing it in the Yahoo draft lobby....right here: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/320137

Ok, logged in, ran compatibility test, good to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We are PPR, right?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 08:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We are PPR, right?

Yes. Single point.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Just in case any onlookers want to know who is going to win the first Official Message Board FF league. Here are my starters:

QB- Matt Ryan
RB- CJ Anderson
RB- DeMarco Murray
WR- DeVante Adams
WR- Andre Johnson
TE- Tyler Eifert
Flex- Run DMC
D- Cincy
K- bfine32
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
My favorite draft strategy was whoever took every suspended player in the league with some ACL recoveries on the side. That team should be sick after the first few weeks.

Oh, and screw urinalcake. Taking like 3 players the pick before I planned on snagging them. F youuuuuuuu
Reply/Quote
Thx for showing up and drafting guys. Only member I haven't received the $150 entry fee from is coachmcneil72. Will be a really bad showing if he doesn't pay up soon. Guy talked a big game for auto-drafting.
Reply/Quote
Highest draft grade according to Yahoo, which probably means I'm doomed.

Draft Grades

Toast Jones A- Report Card
HarleyDog B+ Report Card
Wolf's Pack B Report Card
Eat My Balls B Report Card
Sunset's Sweethearts B Report Card
Eddies Cheeseburgers B Report Card
Tiger Teeth B- Report Card
Double Dwayne Bowe C Report Card
Johnny's Cupcakes C Report Card
High Quality H20 C Report Card
Urinalcake C- Report Card
Hugh G. Rection D+ Report Card
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 11:33 PM)djs7685 Wrote: My favorite draft strategy was whoever took every suspended player in the league with some ACL recoveries on the side. That team should be sick after the first few weeks.

Oh, and screw urinalcake. Taking like 3 players the pick before I planned on snagging them. F youuuuuuuu

I got Arian Foster in the 9th round, which I couldn't believe.  Took him the 5th in my money league.  Recent reports have him back in 2-4 weeks.  Also snagged Martavius Bryant later too.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 12:28 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Highest draft grade according to Yahoo, which probably means I'm doomed.

Draft Grades

Toast Jones A- Report Card
       HarleyDog B+ Report Card
       Wolf's Pack B Report Card
       Eat My Balls B Report Card
       Sunset's Sweethearts B Report Card
       Eddies Cheeseburgers B Report Card
       Tiger Teeth B- Report Card
       Double Dwayne Bowe C Report Card
       Johnny's Cupcakes C Report Card
       High Quality H20 C Report Card
       Urinalcake C- Report Card
       Hugh G. Rection D+ Report Card

Yahoo draft rankings were accurate in the league I was in last year. The predicted top 2 (myself and PackersBacker) finished 1st and 3rd.

(09-03-2015, 12:30 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I got Arian Foster in the 9th round, which I couldn't believe.  Took him the 5th in my money league.  Recent reports have him back in 2-4 weeks.  Also snagged Martavius Bryant later too.

I thought you got Arian in the 6th. I know because I had my eye on him. Either way, he'll be huge for your team when he gets back. Plus it's looking like he could be back after only 4-6 weeks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 01:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yahoo draft rankings were accurate in the league I was in last year. The predicted top 2 (myself and PackersBacker) finished 1st and 3rd.

I thought you got Arian in the 6th. I know because I had my eye on him. Either way, he'll be huge for your team when he gets back. Plus it's looking like he could be back after only 4-6 weeks.

You're right.  I think I was shocked when I saw him ranked at 99 or whatever and that number stuck in my head.  They're saying 2-4 right meow. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 01:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought you got Arian in the 6th. I know because I had my eye on him. Either way, he'll be huge for your team when he gets back. Plus it's looking like he could be back after only 4-6 weeks.

Of course you had your eye on him, he was either injured or suspended to go along with the theme of your team LOL

That was your team, right?
Reply/Quote
I think I would've done better, but I had to piss from Rd. 3 until it was over. Tongue
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I also, will be using bfine as my kicker....

QB- Tony Romo
RB- Jamaal Charles
RB- Justin Forsett
WR- T.Y. Hilton
WR- Brandon Marshall
TE- Jordan Cameron
Flex- Vincent Jackson
D- Arizona
K- bfine32
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 07:29 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Of course you had your eye on him, he was either injured or suspended to go along with the theme of your team LOL

That was your team, right?

Lmao. Yep, that be me.

QB- Tom Brady - Took a gamble and it paid off as his suspension is lifted, so I got a top 5 QB in the 7th round
RB- LeVeon Bell - Suspended 2 games, but should be the MVP in a PPR league
RB- Carlos Hyde
WR- Randall Cobb- "injured" but will play week 1
WR- DeAndre Hopkins
TE- Antonio Gates - Suspended 4 games, but that helped me get him in round 12, Owen Daniels will hold it down til he's back
Flex- Julian Edelman - "injured" but all indications are that he'll play week 1, should be a PPR beast with Brady's suspension lifted

I also took Gurley and he probably won't be full strength until a few games in. Honestly, after Bell is back, my team will be fine. If Gates can keep it up, he'll be a 12th round steal. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 11:33 PM)djs7685 Wrote: My favorite draft strategy was whoever took every suspended player in the league with some ACL recoveries on the side. That team should be sick after the first few weeks.

I was aiming for Leveon Bell and Brady. Not so much on Gurley and Gates, but they were good deals where I got them.

Plus someone took the TE I was aiming for (cough...Cupcakes...cough).
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was aiming for Leveon Bell and Brady. Not so much on Gurley and Gates, but they were good deals where I got them.

Plus someone took the TE I was aiming for (cough...Cupcakes...cough).

Yeah and definitely not looking so bad now with Brady playing week 1.

So, is anybody looking to unload a decent RB2?? I sort of overdrafted WRs and could use a RB that I'm more confident in.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 03:20 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah and definitely not looking so bad now with Brady playing week 1.

So, is anybody looking to unload a decent RB2?? I sort of overdrafted WRs and could use a RB that I'm more confident in.

Yeah I noticed some people went super RB heavy. A little surprising in a PPR league.

Normally I'd be willing to work out a trade, but I'm not exactly stacked at RB. I need everyone I have.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 10:23 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I also, will be using bfine as my kicker....

Unfortunately he is on bye weeks 1-17 and never plays in the preseason; so we might have to look for someone to fill in during the bye.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 03:20 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah and definitely not looking so bad now with Brady playing week 1.

PM me, we can talk possible trade.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Andre Ellington
Pierre Garcon
Jimmy Graham

All on the trading block if anyone wants to make me an offer I'm open to anything.
Reply/Quote