Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Predictions
I will also go on record to say that IF, by some miracle, Pig Pen plays every game, and they have no key injuries, I see them only losing 2 games.

Both home games against Green Bay and New England.
Reply/Quote
Would you rather be an 10-12 win team and lose in the first round of playoffs (Marv keep his job), or be 7-9ish and miss the playoffs (and Marv lose his job)?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 03:35 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm going to predict that Marvin Lewis is in his last season as coach of the Bengals because we will end with a 6-10 record and no playoffs. The Oline will be the problem.

This is probably our best chance in years to move on from Marv. He didn't get extended and Mike inexplicably let the 2 best players from a terrible o-line leave without making any effort to improve.

It almost feels like Mike is setting Marv up. Of course, Marv wasn't extended heading into 2010, and we all remember what happened then.

(07-19-2017, 02:47 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Would you rather be an 10-12 win team and lose in the first round of playoffs (Marv keep his job), or be 7-9ish and miss the playoffs (and Marv lose his job)?

7-9 easy. That would mean we didn't have a disastrous season and there would be plenty of talent and reason for hope with a new coach.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 08:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 7-9 easy. That would mean we didn't have a disastrous season and there would be plenty of talent and reason for hope with a new coach.

But we can also go back to the 90's  Ninja 

But seriously, how much hope do you have in them finding someone better than Marv? Honest question. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
13-3.

Makes it to AFC Championship.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 10:23 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: But we can also go back to the 90's  Ninja 

But seriously, how much hope do you have in them finding someone better than Marv? Honest question. 

Very good question HH, because I still claim that MB is the only 'constant' since he took ownership in 1991 and trusting 'him' to pick a replacement for Lewis is a crap shoot!!
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 10:23 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: But we can also go back to the 90's  Ninja 

I look at this way. Katie and Troy were the ones who pushed for Marvin. If Mike had his way, Coughlin would've been our head coach or Mike Mularkey. I'd fully expect Katie, Troy, and Duke to be more involved in the coach search this time around. As much as we rag on this team, they're not the joke they used to be. Look at the Browns, they still attract coaching candidates and they're mired in a worse dark period than we endured.

Would I like someone like Josh McDaniels? Absolutely. I think he's learned a lot from his terrible tenure in Denver. I doubt it happens because I believe he's waiting for New England.

Now, as long as the defense keeps performing the way they do. I'd fully expect Paul Guenther to get the nod if/when Marvin leaves. The front office is very high on him and view him as an up and coming star coach.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 04:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I look at this way. Katie and Troy were the ones who pushed for Marvin. If Mike had his way, Coughlin would've been our head coach or Mike Mularkey. I'd fully expect Katie, Troy, and Duke to be more involved in the coach search this time around. 

HOGWASH!  Unless you have an 'insider' that has factual privy, none of us know, for certain, who is calling the shots, but I DO know who the owner is and the fact that HE CAN exercise his authority and has the FINAL say so.

Until he goes, things will stay status quo, because, as I've said, ad naseum, players and coaches have come and gone since 1991.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 10:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 13-3.  

Makes it to AFC Championship.

Would like to see it FIK, and would like nothing more than to come in here and eat crow IF it happens, but I'm not holding my breath!   Twitch
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 08:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: HOGWASH!  Unless you have an 'insider' that has factual privy, none of us know, for certain, who is calling the shots, but I DO know who the owner is and the fact that HE CAN exercise his authority and has the FINAL say so.

Until he goes, things will stay status quo, because, as I've said, ad naseum, players and coaches have come and gone since 1991.

Plenty of beat writers have said that Mike has given up the day to day operations to Katie, Duke, and Marvin, but he still has the final say in any decision.

Even Hobson has written it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 03:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Plenty of beat writers have said that Mike has given up the day to day operations to Katie, Duke, and Marvin, but he still has the final say in any decision.

Even Hobson has written it.

That's generic observations citing 'day to day'.

Hiring an HC is NOT day to day operations!!!

Unless you have factual basis to say that MB specifically wanted Coughlin, and let his 'day to day' crew decide WHO the HC would be, then it's nothing more than skeptical heresay, at best!!
Reply/Quote