Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To make playoffs in 2018
Was just reading the Reds are trying to sign Japan’s Babe Ruth. I think they could kill two birds with one stone if they do one thing, go big and try to land Darvish. Would give the team a true “ace” and probably entice Ohtani to play in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 12:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Was just reading the Reds are trying to sign Japan’s Babe Ruth. I think they could kill two birds with one stone if they do one thing, go big and try to land Darvish. Would give the team a true “ace” and probably entice Ohtani to play in Cincy.

I'm all for that. This team has slowly but surely lost me since the 2012 postseason... Go big just once and see what happens.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Looks like I might be on to something. Buster Only posted in his blog yesterday, that there are "evaluators" that think Darvish and Ohtani are going to be a package deal. They've never played together, but Darvish did play for the same team that Ohtani does.
Reply/Quote
PLAY-OFFS ????.....Reds have been in last place last 3 years....Their REALISTIC GOAL should be to not stink so bad so more people go to games and more people watch them on TV. Every time I turn on a Reds game they are losing, so I change the channel and I'm sure many others do the same. Listening to what The Cowboy is going to eat later while Reds are getting killed is pretty lame TV. ......The REALISTIC GOAL should be to win more games in April, May and June and at least not clinch last place in April as they have been doing.

The Reds STINK and it's not good for fans or anybody. They need to get out of last place and play .500 ball way before they can ever dream of play-offs. As long as we have the worst pitching in baseball, we will flounder in last place. My hope is some of the young starters come on and get these sad sacks to an 81-81 season instead of being near 100 losses. I refuse to watch Reds in last place and I have better things to do with my Spring and Summer than watch Reds lose every night.

I have no idea who this so called Japanese Bade Ruth is but if he is all that, which I doubt, he will want New York Yankee type mega bucks and Yankees can have him....Reds have traded many good players to get all these young players and Small Market Reds have their big money tied up in Votto and need these young players and less expensive vets to get them 81 wins, some how, some way.

I'll be honest. I no longer care about October and November baseball in winter coats. Just give us a team that's not in last place in April on....Just give us a Reds team that plays .500 ball in first 3 months and come July, I'm ready for NFL again anyway.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:09 PM)kevin Wrote: PLAY-OFFS ????.....Reds have been in last place last 3 years....Their REALISTIC GOAL should be to not stink so bad so more people go to games and more people watch them on TV. Every time I turn on a Reds game they are losing, so I change the channel and I'm sure many others do the same. Listening to what The Cowboy is going to eat later while Reds are getting killed is pretty lame TV. ......The REALISTIC GOAL should be to win more games in April, May and June and at least not clinch last place in April as they have been doing.

The Reds STINK and it's not good for fans or anybody. They need to get out of last place and play .500 ball way before they can ever dream of play-offs. As long as we have the worst pitching in baseball, we will flounder in last place. My hope is some of the young starters come on and get these sad sacks to an 81-81 season instead of being near 100 losses. I refuse to watch Reds in last place and I have better things to do with my Spring and Summer than watch Reds lose every night.

I have no idea who this so called Japanese Bade Ruth is but if he is all that, which I doubt, he will want New York Yankee type mega bucks and Yankees can have him....Reds have traded many good players to get all these young players and Small Market Reds have their big money tied up in Votto and need these young players and less expensive vets to get them 81 wins, some how, some way.

I'll be honest. I no longer care about October and November baseball in winter coats. Just give us a team that's not in last place in April on....Just give us a Reds team that plays .500 ball in first 3 months and come July, I'm ready for NFL again anyway.

The Reds had an extremely good offense this year and we’re only a couple of reliable dominant pitchers away from competing. You should probably read about Ohtani before you make assumptions about where he’ll play. He has narrowed his list to 7 teams, Reds aren’t in the running. He can’t get a huge $200m contract, he’ll get a contract like Iglesias or Chapman got when they came to the States.
Reply/Quote
Ehh..not too worried about getting the latest and greatest thing since sliced bread from Japan. I think the Reds have the arms to start finally and one may just step up to claim that ace role. The bullpen is still a concern and that's the only real weak link..There was talk about trading Billy who plays great D, but just has never really been able to hit his weight to unlock that great potential on any kind of consistent basis.  I'd be interested in a trade that could possibly lock down the bullpen which has seen historic lows of late.. Great D can only get a team so far. They really need a CF and/or leadoff to get on base consistently and Billy ain't the guy.. I can't remember a player I've had such high hopes for like Billy who consistently disappointed everyone in the batters box..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:09 PM)kevin Wrote: PLAY-OFFS ????.....Reds have been in last place last 3 years....Their REALISTIC GOAL should be to not stink so bad so more people go to games and more people watch them on TV.  Every time I turn on a Reds game they are losing, so I change the channel and I'm sure many others do the same.  Listening to what The Cowboy is going to eat later while Reds are getting killed is pretty lame TV. ......The REALISTIC GOAL should be to win more games in April, May and June and at least not clinch last place in April as they have been doing.  

The Reds STINK and it's not good for fans or anybody.  They need to get out of last place and play .500 ball way before they can ever dream of play-offs.  As long as we have the worst pitching in baseball, we will flounder in last place.  My hope is some of the young starters come on and get these sad sacks to an 81-81 season instead of being near 100 losses.  I refuse to watch Reds in last place and I have better things to do with my Spring and Summer than watch Reds lose every night.

I'll be honest.  I no longer care about October and November baseball in winter coats.  Just give us a team that's not in last place in April  on....Just give us a Reds team that plays .500 ball in first 3 months and come July, I'm ready for NFL again anyway.

You literally have no idea what the hell you are talking about. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
FWIW, I think the Reds have good enough hitters that they could actually compete with one proven SP and a couple proven RPs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hey!  They've moved a handful of games up to start a half hour earlier.. World Series here we come!  
Just read they inked Jared Hughs to a 2 year deal. The bullpen just got better..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We have some decent offense and some SP on the rise, but our bullpen is a horror show.
Reply/Quote