Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im cool with it.
It's fair. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21678678/juju-smith-schuster-pittsburgh-steelers-george-iloka-cincinnati-bengals-suspended-1-game
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:57 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It's fair. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21678678/juju-smith-schuster-pittsburgh-steelers-george-iloka-cincinnati-bengals-suspended-1-game

After the fact, yeah I guess. Personally I'd of gone with the ejection and no suspension. He is a first time offender; suspension seems steep. Even if it is only a game.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:33 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: After the fact, yeah I guess. Personally I'd of gone with the ejection and no suspension. He is a first time offender; suspension seems steep. Even if it is only a game.

I think the league has had enough and they're skipping fines and going straight to suspensions. If either of these hits happen against any other team, then both are just fines. And maybe this is what needs to be done. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 06:25 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I think the league has had enough and they're skipping fines and going straight to suspensions. If either of these hits happen against any other team, then both are just fines. And maybe this is what needs to be done. 

Agreed.  This shit isn't good for either team.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 09:29 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Agreed.  This shit isn't good for either team.

I don’t know what it is about these two teams, but they seem to bring out the worst in each other. Even Ravens games haven’t been this bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 09:41 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I don’t know what it is about these two teams, but they seem to bring out the worst in each other.  Even Ravens games haven’t been this bad.

Absolutely.  The league needs to step in and gain control......if they truly are concerned with safety over ratings.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
There are very few people who want to see injuries...you know who you are...but the first game this year was very quiet.  

What were the "dirty plays" in the second game?

One block that ended up being H2H during a play and one shot to the head on the AB TD in "retaliation" of the block.

And two days later everyone is still wetting their pants over the "violence".

Football is violent every play.  350 pound men run into each other as hard as they can on every snap.  But the optics of the plays when two players are isolated draw the attention.  And on those rare occasions (compared to the number of plays in a game) that a player doesn't jump right back up it draws even more attention.  As it should if it was deliberately dirty or late.

I'm not out there calling for it to be flag football or saying the NFL has gone soft.  I'm also not saying player safety isn't important.

But if player safety is REALLY the goal they would have better helmets...and they would care about all the players not just the high profile ones when they get hit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 09:41 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I don’t know what it is about these two teams, but they seem to bring out the worst in each other.  Even Ravens games haven’t been this bad.

The Ravens focus too much on trying to actually win when they play us. Losing doesn't phase the Bengals.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 10:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: There are very few people who want to see injuries...you know who you are...but the first game this year was very quiet.  

What were the "dirty plays" in the second game?

One block that ended up being H2H during a play and one shot to the head on the AB TD in "retaliation" of the block.

And two days later everyone is still wetting their pants over the "violence".

Football is violent every play.  350 pound men run into each other as hard as they can on every snap.  But the optics of the plays when two players are isolated draw the attention.  And on those rare occasions (compared to the number of plays in a game) that a player doesn't jump right back up it draws even more attention.  As it should if it was deliberately dirty or late.

I'm not out there calling for it to be flag football or saying the NFL has gone soft.  I'm also not saying player safety isn't important.

But if player safety is REALLY the goal they would have better helmets...and they would care about all the players not just the high profile ones when they get hit.

No, it's not. Violence is physical assault with intent to harm or injure others. That's not the way football is *supposed* to be played. Aggressive? Sure, I can buy that all day long, but football should not be violent.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: No, it's not. Violence is physical assault with intent to harm or injure others. That's not the way football is *supposed* to be played. Aggressive? Sure, I can buy that all day long, but football should not be violent.

I think it's semantics using "violent" or "aggressive" in the context of what I was explaining about the every play hits.

With the added caveat of "with intent to harm or injure" you are going with a different definition of violence than I intended. And I used "violent" because that is what has been bandied about in headlines about that game.  But I'll stick with the word for two big men ramming helmets into each other on the line every play.
Reply/Quote
And Iloka had his suspension overturned.

Because that hit is a more commonly fined hit?

I guess someone can get CTE from taunting now.

What a joke.

Well, at least the internet whine machine will be relieved.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 04:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: And Iloka had his suspension overturned.

What a joke.

This should put to rest the "NFL favors the Steelers" narrative, but it wont.

The NFL seriously dropped the ball with this one. Nuances aside, you had two personal foul penalties for two H2H hits and the chance to reign in some of the ugliness that is going on between these two teams by dropping the hammer by skipping the fines and going straight to suspensions. I think that it would get the players attention that any H2H hits in this series are going to be an automatic suspension and that would maybe slow things down. This was the perfect and most fair opportunity to do something, but instead they are now saying that taunting is equivalent to a vicious and deliberate hit to the head that occurred out of bounds and after the whistle, thus proving that the NFL gives more of a shit about their image than player safety. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 04:46 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: This should put to rest the "NFL favors the Steelers" narrative, but it wont.

The NFL seriously dropped the ball with this one. Nuances aside, you had two personal foul penalties for two H2H hits and the chance to reign in some of the ugliness that is going on between these two teams by dropping the hammer by skipping the fines and going straight to suspensions. I think that it would get the players attention that any H2H hits in this series are going to be an automatic suspension and that would maybe slow things down. This was the perfect and most fair opportunity to do something, but instead they are now saying that taunting is equivalent to a vicious and deliberate hit to the head that occurred out of bounds and after the whistle, thus proving that the NFL gives more of a shit about their image than player safety. 

Agreed on both points.

The NFL may be trying to achieve parity by helping the weaker teams. 
Reply/Quote
Those are bang bang plays. How was JUJU supposed to block him? Waist high I guess. Ikea's hit on Brown split second decision, I could understand trying to separate Brown from the ball. Birthdefect will be a better play for that hit cause now he knows how it feels.
What was up with Birthdefects arm?
About the game. What happened to the Bengals offense in the second half?
When does Dalton's contract expire? If he left and came to Pitt After Ben retired) he could be a future HOF'er.
Bless you all/ ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Brads favorite Steeler going off

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/938509336242020352/video/1
Reply/Quote

1. The Bengals had a fair bit of success against the Steelers in their first 20 years, while PB was coach/owner. 

2. 1983

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 10:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely.  The league needs to step in and gain control......if they truly are concerned with safety over ratings.

The league knows exactly what's going on and they love it. How hard is it to make sure the best, most experienced group of refs are scheduled for the biggest games (playoffs, primetime), and tell them to call it tight BOTH WAYS. They could also watch a little game tape and see ALL the cheap shots that are doled out like candy from both teams.

Since they don't, they obviously want it. 

"Love me, hate me, just don't ignore me"

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 10:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: One block that ended up being H2H during a play and one shot to the head on the AB TD in "retaliation" of the block.

Clearly, no bias in this description. Mellow

Clown shoes.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 04:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: And Iloka had his suspension overturned.

What a joke.

LOL. Such incredibly apt and timely irony.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 04:46 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: This should put to rest the "NFL favors the Steelers" narrative, but it wont.

Even if it's just Bengals v Steelers games, they should go straight to suspensions with H2H UR penalties. 

Reply/Quote