Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of Franchise
(12-08-2017, 06:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: I hear ya, and that's a good point, but when you're struggling up front, guys like John Ross become a "want", and not a "need".

No doubt No Doubt....   For a few years we were pretty stacked and drafting for the future they forgot how to draft for need.

I don't know if they thought we would struggle as much as we did up front.  They seem to be coming into their own now.     Lack of experience together maybe or like someone said chaning the blocking scheme seemed to help.

Now why it took so long idk.   Definitely improvements to the front OL can be made.  but I don't think we need Wholesale overturn to get there after the last 2 games. (they still need work but they have looked night and day compared to the first couple games this year) I would have ignored it if it was just game vs the browns but we ran over the steelers too. and gave andy time (granted he was getting rid of it fast) but that's the type of plays we gotta run and had been that last few years
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 05:30 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: I know it probably won't happen but I have a feeling that MB is going to step down after this season. Katie has been doing more the last few years and none of the coaches have contracts after this season. Mike is in his 80s now and having a clean slate staff wise will let Katie make it her team.
Unfortunately -- "Katie has been doing more the last few years..."  BUT the results are the same! I am not at all confident she will be any different, let alone, better than Mikey E.g. Marvin, Whit, Zeitler, and DreKirk come to mind as recent decisions made by F.O.
It does not look promising, folks. Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 06:14 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: We want Gruden!

Mike Brown doesn't care what you or I or any fan wants. If he did he did, he would of changed his ways years ago. Example: Canned Lewis, kept Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: I hear ya, and that's a good point, but when you're struggling up front, guys like John Ross become a "want", and not a "need".

Looking back we should of traded down and grabbed another pick instead of Ross.

The thing was there was no O-lineman worthy of the #9 pick.

Traded down got Bolles, draft Elflein in the 2nd, Kamara with our late 2nd and this team would not be in this position.
Reply/Quote