Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers vs Bengals Playoff game
(01-11-2018, 06:01 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Look at you truing to figure out your family stick.

I know mine. The family stick explains why family reunions in Pitt are so sparsely attended. And your familiarity with the term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I never want to see the steelers in the playoffs again...unless its the AFCCG. And that's not because I'm scared of the steelers. In fact, if you go back to my posts prior to that game I was hoping we got to face them.

The reason I don't want to play them (and why I think steeler fans should not want to face the Bengals either) is because the two teams beat the crap out of each other every single time they play. I have to go back several seasons to remember a Bengals vs steelers game w/o any injuries. And many of these injuries have either been season ending, or career threatening.

So the reason I don't want to play the steelers in the playoffs is because whichever team wins basically has virtually no chance to advance any farther because they go into the next game so beat up and get knocked out.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 11:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: I never want to see the steelers in the playoffs again...unless its the AFCCG. And that's not because I'm scared of the steelers. In fact, if you go back to my posts prior to that game I was hoping we got to face them.

The reason I don't want to play them (and why I think steeler fans should not want to face the Bengals either) is because the two teams beat the crap out of each other every single time they play. I have to go back several seasons to remember a Bengals vs steelers game w/o any injuries. And many of these injuries have either been season ending, or career threatening.

So the reason I don't want to play the steelers in the playoffs is because whichever team wins basically has virtually no chance to advance any farther because they go into the next game so beat up and get knocked out.

I’m with you there. It’s amazing watching the Steelers play the week after Bengals week. I’m sure it’s a similar experience for Bengals fans. It’s not even a drop in intensity - Steelers-Ravens games are balls to the wall for example, but they are somehow less violent. For some reason these two teams just bring out the worst in each other.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I’m with you there.  It’s amazing watching the Steelers play the week after Bengals week.  It’s not even a drop in intensity - Steelers-Ravens games are balls to the wall for example, but they are somehow less violent.  For some reason these two teams just bring out the worst in each other.

(01-12-2018, 12:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I’m with you there.  It’s amazing watching the Steelers play the week after Bengals week.  I’m sure it’s a similar experience for Bengals fans. It’s not even a drop in intensity - Steelers-Ravens games are balls to the wall for example, but they are somehow less violent.  For some reason these two teams just bring out the worst in each other.

This was a very, very important post.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:12 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: This was a very, very important post.

Indeed.  But you didn't have to quote it twice.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:12 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: This was a very, very important post.

(01-12-2018, 12:23 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Indeed.  But you didn't have to quote it twice.   Tongue

Trouble in paradise
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 11:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: So the reason I don't want to play the steelers in the playoffs is because whichever team wins basically has virtually no chance to advance any farther because they go into the next game so beat up and get knocked out.

Whichever team wins? Too funny.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 09:09 PM)Vlad Wrote: Whichever team wins? Too funny.

I know, it was hilarious that the steelers blew a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter to our backup QB. We won't get into how the game was gifted back to the steelers when the refs ignored Porter in our defensive huddle. Let's just the steelers realized their luck and got out of Dodge.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 11:49 PM)Beaker Wrote:  Let's just the steelers realized their luck and got out of Dodge.

:andy: :paul:

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 11:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: I know, it was hilarious that the steelers blew a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter to our backup QB. We won't get into how the game was gifted back to the steelers when the refs ignored Porter in our defensive huddle. Let's just the steelers realized their luck and got out of Dodge.

Still reeling from that loss...too funny.
Reply/Quote
So is this the new “we live in the past” steeler fan go to? Smack talking about a wildcard game they won two years ago? I know it’s been said, but obsessed is an understatement.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 10:40 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: So is this the new “we live in the past” steeler fan go to? Smack talking about a wildcard game they won two years ago?  I know it’s been said, but obsessed is an understatement.

Well we would love to talk about the playoff game we get to play against you this year but.................... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 10:40 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: So is this the new “we live in the past” steeler fan go to? Smack talking about a wildcard game they won two years ago?  I know it’s been said, but obsessed is an understatement.

Right, play that card,  but it's more about reliving how you must have been hurting that day than it is about winning a game.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 01:02 PM)Vlad Wrote: Right, play that card,  but it's more about reliving how you must have been hurting that day than it is about winning a game.

If its more about that then shouldn't you be talking to antonio brown?
Reply/Quote