Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Does Tomlin still ride Cowher's coattails?
(01-15-2018, 04:42 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Fair, but Cowher currently maintains a lead in the losing season department, 3-0.  

I have always judged Cowher as a better game coach.. i give Tomlin most create on drafting players of the caliber of Brown, Bell etc....

I thought a three years ago he was on the cusp of being let go after almost missing the playoffs three years in a row but since then the Steelers have been strong.. 

I will say if you look at his losses over the last few years, for a very good team they might have the most losses to subpar teams than any other good team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I do have to question how well Tomlin reigns his players in (and trust me, I'm well aware that Marv does not). There seems to be more drama coming from the Steelers locker room that a lot of other teams.

Player's coaches can definitely be beneficial, but it can also blow up in their face at important times as well. I think Tomlin is at the very least competent. He has a great FO and his teams perform to expectation most of the time.

I agree with the other posters that seeing how the post-Ben era under Tomlin goes, will be very telling.

Edit: Also I definitely was one of the poster's claiming he was riding Cowher's coattails on the old boards.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 04:42 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Fair, but Cowher currently maintains a lead in the losing season department, 3-0.  

Tomlin has had a HOF qb in his prime his entire career. I hope he can muster at least 8 wins playing the Browns twice every year.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote