Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Why I Like Bill Lazer...
Once a rattlesnake bit Bill Lazer, after 5 days of excruciating pain, the snake finally died...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 11:57 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: If there's one reason I like this promotion, it's his name.

Just say it in Ben Stiller's dodgeball voice with me:

My offensive coordinator....Bill Lazor

I can't shake hearing it in Austin Powers "Dr. Evil's" voice.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 09:04 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Come on Shake, we all know that Goldstar is better.

You can't be serious.  Skyline is 1000 times better than Goldstar.  The Goldstar cheese tastes like plastic.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 09:04 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Come on Shake, we all know that Goldstar is better.

YOU, ARE A SMELLY PIRATE HOOKER!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sure. If you like bland chili, Goldstar is the place for you.  Sick

Damn straight. If i want cardboard for lunch, i have plenty of empty boxes right there at work. 

MMMM. Cardboard, marinated in water. YUM!  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Blue Ash FTW. :andy:

I was going to "chili snob" you but Shake already did it. So i'll just add, if you're going to BAC you better be getting a triple decker BLT.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ok, I've eaten both in all 3 of my trips to the city; they are vitually identical, with Skyline having the edge, IMO.

And trust me, I used to eat chili twice a week, for about 3 years straight; I've had the Mediterranean-style (Goldstar/Skyline), Tex-Mex style (usual), Mexican-style (pure meat), hundreds of times each; Goldstar and Skyline are vitually identical.

Only to the untrained palate, n00b.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You know I'm right Wink

And yes, the only Skyline I've EVER eaten at, is the one in Covington, right before getting on the I-75, to head back home.

So. Damn. Delicious.

You should have called me. I live 5 minutes away from there. 

And i would have paid!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: https://browsingtheatlas.com/2012/09/24/our-cincinnati-chili-blind-taste-test/

Blind taste test, and this was the result.

Not only were they blind, they have no taste buds!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:19 PM)Takedown Wrote: Oh yeah... I make a great pot of homemade chili passed down a couple generations. Delicious. I know my chili. Cool

I work right next to Camp Washington Chili at Meyer Tool so I eat there at least once a week. They get a ton of business and are a tiny bit dirty inside sometimes, but the chili is delicious and they do try to keep up with cleaning (great staff).

I used to live in Hebron before moving to Anderson Township. The Skyline when you get off of exit 8A in Hebron, KY was always spot on. I haven't had Skyline in a minute, but I want to go to the one on Beechmont Ave. It's supposed to be really nice plus its new/modern look to it.

Hang on a second...do you know Speedy?

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:02 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Mike Brown isn't dead.  Ninja

He's not the witch.  

He's the Wizard.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 11:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He's the one who forced the OL scheme change week 11. Pretty much putting the nail in the coffin for Alexander. Plus he put Zampese out of the job, so two birds with one stone really.

You mean two witches.

So who got the ruby slippers and the striped socks???
Reply/Quote
OK, on Lazor:  I appreciate what he had to do in the early part of the season to make the offense even serviceable, but his real work was when he got Alexander to step aside and changed the scheme and the personnel (somewhat dictated by injury).

On the chili debate:  There are many different kinds.  I had a bison-meat chili in Telluride, CO, that was unbelievable.  But for Cincinnati-style, I have to go with Skyline.

Interesting tidbit about Skyline:  I have done this numerous times in my life and it always seems to work.  I had a frustrating cold that I could not shake.  Sleeping in the basement, because I was always hacking during the night.  It lingered for a few weeks.  I used OTC cold medicines to manage the symptoms but it was not doing much.  I tried some homeopathic things that friends always said worked for them, like Knudson's Lemon ginger echanacia drink, but nothing.

Then, I went to the old standby:  Skyline three way with a ton of hot sauce.  The hot sauce burned my throat (and later my ass) but there is some kind of healing power to Skyline chili.  It has something to do with the mix of herbs and spices.  It never sounds good when you have a cold, because cheese (dairy) when fighting a cold isn't recommended, but it sure works.  I can't explain it, but cough is all but gone and the rapid impact of that meal never ceases to amaze me.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You should have called me. I live 5 minutes away from there. 

And i would have paid!

I told you! Next time I head down for a tilt, I'll definitely hit you up :)

Haven't been the last 2 years because I was living in Calgary in '16 and this past year, I needed to save for my wedding this year, so I had to cut back.

This season, I may head down, 2019 for sure 100%!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: OK, on Lazor:  I appreciate what he had to do in the early part of the season to make the offense even serviceable, but his real work was when he got Alexander to step aside and changed the scheme and the personnel (somewhat dictated by injury).

On the chili debate:  There are many different kinds.  I had a bison-meat chili in Telluride, CO, that was unbelievable.  But for Cincinnati-style, I have to go with Skyline.

Interesting tidbit about Skyline:  I have done this numerous times in my life and it always seems to work.  I had a frustrating cold that I could not shake.  Sleeping in the basement, because I was always hacking during the night.  It lingered for a few weeks.  I used OTC cold medicines to manage the symptoms but it was not doing much.  I tried some homeopathic things that friends always said worked for them, like Knudson's Lemon ginger echanacia drink, but nothing.

Then, I went to the old standby:  Skyline three way with a ton of hot sauce.  The hot sauce burned my throat (and later my ass) but there is some kind of healing power to Skyline chili.  It has something to do with the mix of herbs and spices.  It never sounds good when you have a cold, because cheese (dairy) when fighting a cold isn't recommended, but it sure works.  I can't explain it, but cough is all but gone and the rapid impact of that meal never ceases to amaze me.

So lets bring this back into focus...

Bill Lazer is a skyline guy...
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hang on a second...do you know Speedy?

No, should I? lol. I know a lot of people here (or at least know of).
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was going to "chili snob" you but Shake already did it. So i'll just add, if you're going to BAC you better be getting a triple decker BLT.

LMAO....why the hate?  I always like the smaller local dives over the chains.  Of course I've had that TDBLT.....but I love the coneys, the slaw dog, and the chili burrito supreme.  Most all of their sammies are good, plus they have onion rings.  

FWIW, I like Skyline over Gold Star.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Skyline !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Miss ……A&W

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sure. If you like bland chili, Goldstar is the place for you.  Sick

Camp Washington Chili is still my favorite.  Hands Down!!
Reply/Quote