Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Thought Burfict ....
wasn't allowed to practice being suspended the first 4 games?
Reply/Quote
If I'm not mistaken he can participate in everything right up to the regular season ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Correct, his suspension does not start until game one. He is fully eligible for all camps...
Reply/Quote
Nice - He can give direction to the new guys.

Reply/Quote
I don't know how much playing time I'd give him in the preseason games. What do you guys think?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 10:52 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't know how much playing time I'd give him in the preseason games.  What do you guys think?

That's a tough one. I would play him some but you got to get the guys ready for the first 4 games. Burfict will adapt quickly when he returns and I'm sure he will be getting some work in his down-time somewhere.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 10:52 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't know how much playing time I'd give him in the preseason games.  What do you guys think?

I'd be hesitant to play him for all of the preseason games. Maybe just one or two. He actually got his suspension last year due to a hit in the preseason IIRC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 11:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd be hesitant to play him for all of the preseason games. Maybe just one or two. He actually got his suspension last year due to a hit in the preseason IIRC.

I agree with you.  Good point.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

you want to give him some playing time.  so hes not completely rusty week 5....     But you always want to give the bulk of the snaps to whoever is gonna be holding down his spot for a few weeks.
Reply/Quote
If I recall correctly he didn't play in preseason the last time he started the season suspended

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 06:25 PM)pally Wrote: If I recall correctly he didn't play in preseason the last time he started the season suspended

I thought when Brady was suspended those first 4 games, he could have no contact with the team until AFTER the 4th game.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 10:08 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I thought when Brady was suspended those first 4 games, he could have no contact with the team until AFTER the 4th game.

once the season began  
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 06:25 PM)pally Wrote: If I recall correctly he didn't play in preseason the last time he started the season suspended

I believe his last suspension was for a hit in the preseason
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 10:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe his last suspension was for a hit in the preseason

Yeah i think it was for a questionable “defenseless hit” on Anthony Sherman the FB on the Chiefs or whatever his name is bc of a pump fake even though it was delayed and considered obvious to some
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 11:33 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's a tough one. I would play him some but you got to get the guys ready for the first 4 games. Burfict will adapt quickly when he returns and I'm sure he will be getting some work in his down-time somewhere.

And we best pray no one gets injured. I hope Jefferson and Worely are ready to play from day 1. We haven't been deep at LB. It's too early to really know how deep we are. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 07:58 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Yeah i think it was for a questionable “defenseless hit” on Anthony Sherman the FB on the Chiefs or whatever his name is bc of a pump fake even though it was delayed and considered obvious to some

Yeah but it wasn't to the head he just got rocked so hard his head went backwards.
Reply/Quote

I wouldn't give him much playing time at all in preseason. Less change of him getting injured or committing a penalty that gets his suspension extended.

Reply/Quote