Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
So after the holidays, I decided I wanted to buy a gaming PC. So I did.

Now I spend more time modding Skyrim and Fallout 4 than I do playing games on the damn thing.

However, Cyberpunk runs like a dream on it and is gorgeous.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 03:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So after the holidays, I decided I wanted to buy a gaming PC. So I did.

Now I spend more time modding Skyrim and Fallout 4 than I do playing games on the damn thing.

nice i might grab cyberpunk some day but as of now its not even been optimized for the new gen consoles 

Witcher 3 supposedly is getting the upgrade to X/S and PS5  very soon if not already.

(For PC gamers thats generally just a patch or a user mod and a new graphics card lol)

From my understanding there are mods for Skyrim and Fallout that are basically full fledge new games to play.  i never dived into the mods myself but have seen plenty of interesting ones.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 03:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So after the holidays, I decided I wanted to buy a gaming PC. So I did.

Only 1 year-ish until Starfield. 11.11.22
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 03:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: nice i might grab cyberpunk some day but as of now its not even been optimized for the new gen consoles 

Witcher 3 supposedly is getting the upgrade to X/S and PS5  very soon if not already.

(For PC gamers thats generally just a patch or a user mod and a new graphics card lol)

From my understanding there are mods for Skyrim and Fallout that are basically full fledge new games to play.  i never dived into the mods myself but have seen plenty of interesting ones.

I'm still getting used to modding - I haven't done any complete overhauls just yet. Mostly graphic overhauls and a handful of new areas added to the game (Beyond Skyrim: Bruma being the largest). I've also found that about 60% of the mods made for Skyrim now involve monster sex and gangbangs, so that's horrifying. And the digital waifu bullshit...I don't get it.
Reply/Quote

I’m actually considering buying a gaming PC now instead of worrying about keeping an Xbox. Aren’t all Xbox games on PC now anyways?
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 10:05 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m actually considering buying a gaming PC now instead of worrying about keeping an Xbox. Aren’t all Xbox games on PC now anyways?

I dunno. I wouldn't doubt it given that Windows comes with an XBox App.

To be fair, I don't like a whole lot of XBox exclusives.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 10:05 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m actually considering buying a gaming PC now instead of worrying about keeping an Xbox. Aren’t all Xbox games on PC now anyways?

I believe most of the major titles release as Play anywhere  meaning you buy a copy and you can play on Xbox or PC. (microsoft isnt really worried about console sales just playerbase)  Game pass ultimate also has a line of PC games available although not the same as whats on the Xbox itself.

And with the Gamepass ultimate you get access to the cloud streaming service so you can play anywhere.  But you also wont find a PC anywhere close to A Series X for 500 lol
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2021, 10:44 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I dunno. I wouldn't doubt it given that Windows comes with an XBox App.

To be fair, I don't like a whole lot of XBox exclusives.

They didnt have a ton of new IPs last gen.... But thats all changing now. but i understand not likely some exclusives there is really only 2 playstation games i would play that i cant get on xbox.. Bloodborne and Demon Souls.. But neither is worth the system purchase.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 08:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe most of the major titles release as Play anywhere  meaning you buy a copy and you can play on Xbox or PC. (microsoft isnt really worried about console sales just playerbase)  Game pass ultimate also has a line of PC games available although not the same as whats on the Xbox itself.

And with the Gamepass ultimate you get access to the cloud streaming service so you can play anywhere.  But you also wont find a PC anywhere close to A Series X for 500 lol

I've never even seen a series X, I already have the digital one, but I figured a PC in general would be useful. Might have to wait until after this chip shortage ends.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 01:41 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I've never even seen a series X, I already have the digital one, but I figured a PC in general would be useful. Might have to wait until after this chip shortage ends.

Pcs are very useful however building a gaming one right now...   isnt in your best interest while the shortages continue.   ive seen 3 year old graphic cards selling for over 500..

but.... with a pc you can play

Reply/Quote
Just picked up Zelda Skyward Sword HD for Nintendo Switch that released today. I couldn’t talk the pretty girl behind the counter to hook me up with a preorder poster this time! ?
Reply/Quote
So what about this new Steam Deck coming out at the end of the year? I have a ton of steam games and it says it will be able to play every single one of them. I'm a little put off just because I bought 2 Xbox Series X over the last year and that's an investment in gaming and I can play steam on my laptop...

It does sound interesting though just because of the amount of games I already own through steam.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2021, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: So what about this new Steam Deck coming out at the end of the year? I have a ton of steam games and it says it will be able to play every single one of them. I'm a little put off just because I bought 2 Xbox Series X over the last year and that's an investment in gaming and I can play steam on my laptop...

It does sound interesting though just because of the amount of games I already own through steam.

isnt the point of PC gaming the super high graphics and ultra power machines?  this deck wont run over 720p.   from what i read.

i can only see if being worth it if you have a big steam library and no where to play it. But thats me if i have time to game im at home with my Xbox so the mobile aspect doesn't do much for me.
Reply/Quote
Buddy and I started this little gem of a game.. Journey to the Savage Planet

Basically a 3d Metroidvania type game where you are exploring a planet to find parts to return home while categorizing the plant and animal life. With different thing not accessible until you have unlocked upgrades found later in the game.

Its mostly relaxing other than a few of the platforming puzzles for collectibles. All and all we have been having a blast with it. havent tried the dlc yet..

Ohhh speaking of DLC..

Maneaters DLC splashes down on 8/31

Reply/Quote
Just saw that Someone Ported Strife to the Switch.... First FPS/RPG on the doom engine

So i might have a reason to play my switch lol

Also made me think of another game that needs a rerelease or port or what have you

Shivers:

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 09:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Buddy and I started this little gem of a game.. Journey to the Savage Planet

Basically a 3d Metroidvania type game where you are exploring a planet to find parts to return home while categorizing the plant and animal life.   With different thing not accessible until you have unlocked upgrades found later in the game.

Its mostly relaxing other than a few of the platforming puzzles for collectibles.     All and all  we have been having a blast with it.   havent tried the dlc yet..

Ohhh speaking of DLC..

Maneaters DLC splashes down on 8/31

Interesting I just added this to my list for my Space Project Platinum I'm building for the trophy website I'm a part of.

I've also finished Origins (Such a good game) and am working my way through Odyssey now. Just picked up the disc version of Chronicles from Amazon so I'm almost finished with the entire series.

Has anyone played Hades? It's coming Ps4 sometime soon and I am thinking of trying it.
Reply/Quote
I finally managed to snag a PS5, got it from Amazon. Unfortunately, it will arrive while I'm out of town so I won't get to play with it until the end of next week.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 12:53 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Interesting I just added this to my list for my Space Project Platinum I'm building for the trophy website I'm a part of.

I've also finished Origins (Such a good game) and am working my way through Odyssey now. Just picked up the disc version of Chronicles from Amazon so I'm almost finished with the entire series.

Has anyone played Hades? It's coming Ps4 sometime soon and I am thinking of trying it.

not sure about hades myself...  Currently awaiting Aliens Fire team lol.  and looking at Ascent (4 player coop)

Finished Valhalla...  Have 2 side missions that are glitched right now(supposed to be fixed next update).. and still the newest challenges they added last update to do.  But other than that everything is done.   
Reply/Quote
this week has 2 xbox exclusives launching (or Microsoft exclusives i guess as they are on PC )

Tomorrow

Flight Simulator..

Game looks amazing and yes you just fly around lol.

Also for the Full experience check out this pricey controller
https://www.inputmag.com/gaming/microsoft-flight-simulator-is-getting-some-awesome-peripherals

Also on thursday

The Ascent

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 12:53 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Has anyone played Hades? It's coming Ps4 sometime soon and I am thinking of trying it.

Hades is freaking amazing. It's like God of War and Diablo had a rouge-like love child. A hair slow to get started, but the game absolutely blows up, especially after your first successful run. It's a sub 20 dollar game that has kept me occupied much longer than many AAA releases. And there is an absurd amount of stuff to do if you're a completionist. 

Easily one of the best modern Rouge likes out there.
Reply/Quote