Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(03-31-2022, 03:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: oh i dont think i killed Margit till i was mid 30s...   

So you will find merchants that sell things and bell bearings you can take back to round table hold and give to an npc there that expands what they sell.

Farm some runes and up a level are two they are pretty cheap at the lower levels.     just make sure to aways prioritize retrieving runes when you die to avoid losing that time.     

I would save the little golden rune[1][2] etcs till you need just a few souls to buy something at a hard to get to merchant or a bit short of a level.   then use them...  i also recommened when you have enough souls to level to do so if your near a site of grace. 

I'm so used to equipment being equally, if not more, important than Soul (Rune?) Level in previous entries. So my priority for rune spending has been the cracked pots, incantations (did not have access to round table place until Margit had bent me over a few times) and other things. Probably going to try to hit 30 now though to get the stat reqs for some of these weapons and be a little less squishy.

Are there respecs in the game?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 03:23 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm so used to equipment being equally, if not more, important than Soul (Rune?) Level in previous entries. So my priority for rune spending has been the cracked pots, incantations (did not have access to round table place until Margit had bent me over a few times) and other things. Probably going to try to hit 30 now though to get the stat reqs for some of these weapons and be a little less squishy.

Are there respecs in the game?

Yes North of storm viel castle is a huge lake with the Academy in the middle when you beat its main boss you will unlock the option to respec.

Its the next major area you will be going to after that castle your in.   (i think there are 3 total bosses in that one) then 2 in the Academy

I kinda level in stages like get this stat to 20 then this one to 15 and so on...    So i can use X weapon or Y Spell  and go from there.

i wouldnt worry about a build extremely early...  Just stuff like i need more health or need more endurance to wear X armor 

Also a big change from previous games the Spell Slots are given by finding key items not leveling a stat like previous games.

Some bosses also will grant the ability for another talisman slot
Reply/Quote
Playstation has announced their new Upgraded Playstation plus teirs coming in June

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/?scrlybrkr=becc5d77
Reply/Quote
Stumble upon lightning strikes 100% by accident.

28 mfing faith? Dude.

Got past first big boss. This game is about 100x bigger than I thought it would be. Going to deep around all of the starting area that I ignored.
Reply/Quote
I picked up tiny tina because my friend really wanted someone to play it with. And I got demons souls on sale for myself. Really loving demon souls.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 11:02 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Stumble upon lightning strikes 100% by accident.

28 mfing faith? Dude.

Got past first big boss. This game is about 100x bigger than I thought it would be. Going to deep around all of the starting area that I ignored.

yeah youll find weapons and spells and such you wont be able to use for a while.   I did a lot of map clearing this weekend.  Still dont have the whole map unlocked @ 108 hours....... (think im only missing 1 map piece above ground and 1 below)

Then there is the bosses @ night.  the little prisons (evergoals)  

Every Ruins  has a Stairway down somewhere.   with a chess or a boss.

Every Dungeon pretty much has a boss. (sometimes 2)

If you can see it you can get there eventually

*** Edit and of Course....

If it bleeds you can kill it. (that song below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlicWUDf5MM
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 09:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah youll find weapons and spells and such you wont be able to use for a while.   I did a lot of map clearing this weekend.  Still dont have the whole map unlocked @ 108 hours.......  (think im only missing 1 map piece above ground and 1 below)

Then there is the bosses @ night.  the little prisons (evergoals)  

Every Ruins  has a Stairway down somewhere.   with a chess or a boss.

Every Dungeon pretty much has a boss. (sometimes 2)

If you can see it you can get there eventually

*** Edit and of Course....

If it bleeds you can kill it.   (that song below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlicWUDf5MM

I'm not ashamed to admit I am now playing on "easy" mode. Found lightning spear, or rather it's prayerbook, as I was rushing around the second area. It's ridiculous. I'm at level 30 and can melt just about anything I'm running into as I clean up around Limgrave. 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 09:39 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm not ashamed to admit I am now playing on "easy" mode. Found lightning spear, or rather it's prayerbook, as I was rushing around the second area. It's ridiculous. I'm at level 30 and can melt just about anything I'm running into as I clean up around Limgrave. 

is that an incantation? so you doing a faith build... They can be nice.

Im 35 strength 35 int as my main skills at the moment but faith isnt far behind
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 10:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: is that an incantation?    so you doing a faith build...   They can be nice.

Im 35 strength 35 int as my main skills at the moment but faith isnt far behind

My first playthrough of every souls game has been a paladin-esque build. I started with the Confessor as they start with a healing spell, pretty simple weapon in the broadsword, and a 100% physical block shield. It's just good for going through the start slowly and getting acclimated to the mechanics of the game. I've always said that it's not really that these games are hard, they just have a high learning curve

My build is very non-committal at the moment. I think out of 23 levels I think only 4 have gone into something other than vigor or endurance. 17 faith for lightning spear has it trending in that direction though. I'll probably put my next 7 points into endurance, then start to think about str/dex/fth to test out new weapons. I do like how even jf you don't have the stats to use a weapon you can swing it around to see the moveset. But it is tough to move on to other weapons though as my broadsword is +7 and I can't even buy 1s or 2s to get other weapons comparable yet. Need to find a merchant that sells stones.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 01:58 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My first playthrough of every souls game has been a paladin-esque build. I started with the Confessor as they start with a healing spell, pretty simple weapon in the broadsword, and a 100% physical block shield. It's just good for going through the start slowly and getting acclimated to the mechanics of the game. I've always said that it's not really that these games are hard, they just have a high learning curve

My build is very non-committal at the moment. I think out of 23 levels I think only 4 have gone into something other than vigor or endurance. 17 faith for lightning spear has it trending in that direction though. I'll probably put my next 7 points into endurance, then start to think about str/dex/fth to test out new weapons. I do like how even jf you don't have the stats to use a weapon you can swing it around to see the moveset. But it is tough to move on to other weapons though as my broadsword is +7 and I can't even buy 1s or 2s to get other weapons comparable yet. Need to find a merchant that sells stones.

i started as a prisoner but as soon as i figured out i needed faith for pyro i leveld it...   Lol   and there is a sword that takes 24 int and 24 fth

i always build first melee and pyro except this time magic was first... Ill probly do mostly pyro in NG+....

At the warmaster shack rest till its night and the npc is gone...  might need to pass time to night then rest again.

Something that might not be well explained if you are just short of like a strenght requirment you can probly use it with 2 hands instead of 1 just fine.

Power stancing can be done when you have 2 similar weapons and 150% of each requirement (so if 10 str you need 15 etc...) unlocks new move sets.

I havent even really messed with the weapon arts that much yet besides collecting them
Reply/Quote
Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty great. I'm just going to put that out there.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:24 AM)Earendil Wrote: Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty great. I'm just going to put that out there.

Sorry, this is now the Xeno and CKwi Elden Ring thread LOL

I tried hard to find a PS5 over the Series X. Would certainly give the Horizon games a shot, they look great. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:24 AM)Earendil Wrote: Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty great. I'm just going to put that out there.

Just curious    Are you as a PS player interested in the new PS+ options coming in june?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just curious    Are you as a PS player interested in the new PS+ options coming in june?

Not particularly, no. And I say this as someone who also has Gamepass on my Xbox. I'll re-evaluate it at some point in the future, but at the moment I just don't see the benefit.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:39 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Sorry, this is now the Xeno and CKwi Elden Ring thread LOL

I tried hard to find a PS5 over the Series X. Would certainly give the Horizon games a shot, they look great. 

I'm a huge fan of the Horizon series, so I'm not exactly objective. But I think they're pretty awesome.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 02:11 PM)Earendil Wrote: Not particularly, no. And I say this as someone who also has Gamepass on my Xbox. I'll re-evaluate it at some point in the future, but at the moment I just don't see the benefit.

Yeah it seems closer to EA play level than Gamepass when i look at it.   Im sure what they announced will change at somepoint.

eventually adding some day in date games like those 10 GAAS games they said they were making.
Reply/Quote
So some Game news from yesterday.

Monkey Island is getting a new game from the original creator. Set to come out In the next Few months i believe.

And Remedy And Rockstar just announced a Remaster/Remake of Max Payne 1 & 2 for all consoles.. (still in concept phase) games will be bundled together.

Crystal Dynamics Announced a new Tomb Raider Game on the UE5 engine. (Was UE engine press event) Witcher 4 will also be on UE5 as they are moving on from their in house engine.
Reply/Quote
Spring Sale is Live on Xbox till 4/21 And i believe PS also has one going till 4/27

Buy Cheap play later..

Also if anyone is looking Walmart.com currently has Series X consoles @ retail price.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/443574645
Reply/Quote
Think i messed up a few more Quest lines in Elden Ring lol.. But mistakes will happen.. Ill fix them in playthru 2.

Finished just about everything else in the game except the one place i am now. the Capital city. looks like this is a choke point to the end game.

Let the fun begin
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 10:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Think i messed up a few more Quest lines in Elden Ring lol.. But mistakes will happen..  Ill fix them in playthru 2.

Finished just about everything else in the game except the one place i am now. the Capital city.   looks like this is a choke point to the end game.

Let the fun begin

Some things I learned this past week in Elden Ring

You can charge (some?) Incantations.
You can cast incantations on horseback. Sure made the dragon/tree sentinel fights much easier 

I do have access to the legacy dungeon in Liurnia, but am derping around a bit before. Sure glad I did, as I stumbled upon the bell bearing and can now buy the stones to upgrade to +6. Upped my dex to 18 to mess around with other weapons. Dual-wielding is a lot of fun, and the guard breaks make it quite viable. Still wish (ever since DS2) That you could block with both weapons as well.

Currently somewhere underground? With horrifying giant ants. 
Reply/Quote