Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(01-31-2023, 10:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: looks like a very well done remake...

But im in the (not paying 70 for a remake crowd  Or really anything that isnt extremely special) ill wait till its a bit cheaper or hits gamepass (thru EA play)  but definately on my to play list

Incredible so far ,love the subtle improvements they made on it. And yeah I don't usually fork out that much for a remake either, but(I always buy the disc version of games for this reason)I traded in a couple games I had to Gamestop so didn't cost me much at all to buy Dead Space.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:46 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Incredible so far ,love the subtle improvements they made on it. And yeah I don't usually fork out that much for a remake either, but(I always buy the disc version of games for this reason)I traded in a couple games I had to Gamestop so didn't cost me much at all to buy Dead Space.

Nice...

Of the games we know of this year....   outside of things like Diablo 4 / Starfield...  Alien Descent (if it launches in 23)   im not sure what id pay day 1 price for.   
BG3 if it was on console.

But the list of games launching this year i want to play is probly over 20.   

2023 is a direct assault on time and wallet lol..  ive got to Choose Wisely.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nice...

Of the games we know of this year....   outside of things like Diablo 4 / Starfield...  Alien Descent (if it launches in 23)   im not sure what id pay day 1 price for.   

Lol most definitely.

Some very promising games coming out this year.

I'm 50/50 if gonna get Starfield on day one;looks awesome but still.

Game I am looking forward too the most and let's give it a 80/20 chance will get it on day one lol is Wo Long:Fallen Dynasty.I love those types of games and looking forward to it the most.

Then of course you have Dead Island 2, Alan Wake 2(Hopefully this year at least), etc etc.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nice...

Probably getting that Hogwarts game just for the sheer nostalgia. Those books came out at the perfect time of my childhood.

I'd consider it for that Atomic Heart game too if it wasn't already coming out on Gamepass. Same with Starfield. If you figure those two games alone being $60 a piece, that totals an entire year subscription to Gamepass. Always nice to find ways to game while being easier on the wallet.

(01-31-2023, 06:17 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Lol most definitely.

Some very promising games coming out this year.

I'm 50/50 if gonna get Starfield on day one;looks awesome but still.

Game I am looking forward too the most and let's give it a 80/20 chance will get it on day one lol is Wo Long:Fallen Dynasty.I love those types of games and looking forward to it the most.

Then of course you have Dead Island 2, Alan Wake 2(Hopefully this year at least), etc etc.

Loved the first one. Hope the 2nd is at least as good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 01:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Probably getting that Hogwarts game just for the sheer nostalgia. Those books came out at the perfect time of my childhood.

I'd consider it for that Atomic Heart game too if it wasn't already coming out on Gamepass. Same with Starfield. If you figure those two games alone being $60 a piece, that totals an entire year subscription to Gamepass. Always nice to find ways to game while being easier on the wallet.

Loved the first one. Hope the 2nd is at least as good.

Yeah i have game pass or else i be broke this year lol...    So i get to play most of these when they come out..   

Stalker 2 and Forza still slated for this year as well.   (and there are a few big games for PS -Spiderman/FF and Switch Zelda Probly a mario thing coming in 2023 if you play there)

Alan Wake 2 is definately on my list as well (is more of a survivor horror title this time..)
and System Shock remake
Hogwarts is on my too Play list when i can get a discount. or the 1 year exclusive content ends.

Wo Long:Fallen Dynasty is a game ill probly pick up on a deep discount. I love Dark souls/ Elden Ring but most the "Souls Like" havent hit for me
Reply/Quote
This weekend will be playing

Alan wake Remaster
AoE 2

Maybe some gears 5 horde if my buddies are on

***Edit

Also they announce Evil Dead getting a 40 person BR mode... im not into BR but i like evil dead so might check that out
Reply/Quote
Cooking right along with Dead Space.

After that, gonna play some Deathloop.

Reply/Quote
AoE 2 plays great on a controller. so far no issues.
And the Co-op Campaigns are good fun. (player 2 gets a secondary smaller base and their own units to control)

Alan wake Remastered plays really well Zero issue there almost beat it this weekend just a little left to go.

I believe the only Big release this week is Hogwarts on the 10th... (maybe earlier if you preordered..)
Reply/Quote
So when y'all play games and are allowed to customize names (think like a party of characters like Wizardry or Final Fantasy), do you have a method for naming your characters?  I typically rename characters to bengals players based on role.  Some examples:
  • Knights/Paladins/Warriors (or whomever the main character is) - usually the QB... Burrow, Dalton, Palmer, etc....though back in the day I used "Blake" for the guy that tried his best to save our franchise
  • healing dudes - usually offensive line guys
  • multi class dudes are usually the tight end (whoever is starting at the time)
  • for women characters it gets a bit tricky....the last couple years I'll use Burrow's gf, Katie Blackburn, or Eli Apple (cause Eli is a *****)
  • Then I use WRs/RBs to round out the party
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 08:27 PM)basballguy Wrote: So when y'all play games and are allowed to customize names (think like a party of characters like Wizardry or Final Fantasy), do you have a method for naming your characters?  I typically rename characters to bengals players based on role.  Some examples:

• Knights/Paladins/Warriors (or whomever the main character is) - usually the QB... Burrow, Dalton, Palmer, etc....though back in the day I used "Blake" for the guy that tried his best to save our franchise
  • healing dudes - usually offensive line guys
  • multi class dudes are usually the tight end (whoever is starting at the time)
  • for women characters it gets a bit tricky....the last couple years I'll use Burrow's gf, Katie Blackburn, or Eli Apple (cause Eli is a *****)
  • Then I use WRs/RBs to round out the party

ive never used Bengals players... but thats an interesting thing... i usually use a cast or names from another fiction.  

Like Dark souls 1 i made a pyro name Richard Rahl... In Dark souls 2 i had Nathan Rahl also pyro  (his 1000 year old uncle)   from the sword of truth series. (they are both wizards in the book with richard being a war wizard)

Then later i used Sean Bean characters cause he dies alot in his films....  lol.   

And i used Game of thrones characters for a game.   But generally i just pull from like wise media/history.        (wizard named rasputin/ warrior named Atilla)

FF7 taught me not to name people after friends lol
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 10:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: ive never used Bengals players... but thats an interesting thing... i usually use a cast or names from another fiction.  

Like Dark souls 1 i made a pyro name Richard Rahl... In Dark souls 2 i had Nathan Rahl also pyro  (his 1000 year old uncle)   from the sword of truth series.  (they are both wizards in the book with richard being a war wizard)

Then later i used Sean Bean characters cause he dies alot in his films....  lol.   

And i used Game of thrones characters for a game.   But generally i just pull from like wise media/history.        (wizard named rasputin/ warrior named Atilla)

FF7 taught me not to name people after friends lol

I went through a short period of time where i also used GoT characters but i always go back to bengals players.  

The Sean Bean thing is just funny lol.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Nintendo Direct today.

Nothing spectacular. But a Metroid Prime remaster is awesome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 11:17 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Nintendo Direct today.

I didn't watch the direct but the pokemon TCG game is coming to Switch. Maybe they can finally add the entire backlog of pokemon games to the switch.

Also playing the ps4 Last of Us Remastered on Ps5 because I already had it. But really wanting to get Hogwarts Legacy, it looks amazing.
Reply/Quote
Didn’t wanna do it when it came out because “why pay $70 for white helmets” but I picked up the newest Madden on PSN sale for $17.99. Yes, it’s another copy n paste franchise mode but the defense actually plays defense in this newest edition. Worth full price? Absolutely not. Worth $17.99?…you betcha!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 11:17 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Nintendo Direct today.

That was the Shadow drop right?   im guessing included with their nintendo online package?

Bad news from the Direct. Nintendo is upping their price as well as the next Zelda will be 70 or 130 (collectors)

I imagine before the year is done we hear about the next Nintendo console...
Reply/Quote
Finished first run thru of Alan Wake Remaster... Such a good game.

cant wait for 2... might check out the side game American nightmare.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 10:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: That was the Shadow drop right?   im guessing included with their nintendo online package?

Bad news from the Direct.  Nintendo is upping their price as well as the next Zelda will be 70  or 130 (collectors)

I imagine before the year is done we hear about the next Nintendo console...

Prime remaster is $40. Considering the job they did on it I'm fine with it, but I'd also probably find a way to justify paying the full $60 (I guess $70 now) for it so take that with a grain of salt. Considering my best case scenario was a port of the Prime Trilogy, I'm thrilled as this means a remaster of Echoes and Corruption is on the horizon as well. Of course, that might also mean that Prime 4 is even further away. Prime 4 might get the BOTW treatment, being simultaneously a launch title for the next console as well as the Switch.

If there is a time to bump up the price of a game I do suppose it would be the next installment of a flagship franchise that is following up one of the best games of the current generation. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 10:41 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Prime remaster is $40. Considering the job they did on it I'm fine with it, but I'd also probably find a way to justify paying the full $60 (I guess $70 now) for it so take that with a grain of salt. Considering my best case scenario was a port of the Prime Trilogy, I'm thrilled as this means a remaster of Echoes and Corruption is on the horizon as well. Of course, that might also mean that Prime 4 is even further away. Prime 4 might get the BOTW treatment, being simultaneously a launch title for the next console as well as the Switch.

If there is a time to bump up the price of a game I do suppose it would be the next installment of a flagship franchise that is following up one of the best games of the current generation. 

Except PS and MS did it when switching to the next generation(well MS hasnt done it yet lol and not all of these have been worth 70 either) nintendo still on last gen hardware imo.      All in  all its what ever your willing to pay.  For Me 40 is the most ill do for a remake/remaster (Exceptions would be things like Mass Effect trilogy as its 3 full games and all dlc for the price of 1 and ME1 was remade as well)  

Im happy for Prime Fans finally getting that remaster though.  
Reply/Quote
Ive been playing Hogwarts Legacy since Tuesday, and it's 'brilliant' as our English friends would say. I cant believe how very few bugs there are with it at launch. I've been so used to buggy games at launch for years now, this one breaks that mold which is so nice. But it's definitely solid, like a 9/10 solid so far.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 08:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Ive been playing Hogwarts Legacy since Tuesday, and it's 'brilliant' as our English friends would say. I cant believe how very few bugs there are with it at launch. I've been so used to buggy games at launch for years now, this one breaks that mold which is so nice. But it's definitely solid, like a 9/10 solid so far.

nice i have a few friends speaking highly of it as well...  im waiting on it as i have a ton of games im playing already. 

But from what i hear if you are a harry potter fan you should be checking this one out.

Last gen versions come out in june i believe and switch maybe even later...
Reply/Quote