Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Once again late to the party but I'm playing Sherlock Holmes : Chapter One and it's very enjoyable.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 09:11 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: To each their own, but do you really let frame rate dictate what games you'll play?

Looks like it has some issues on PC but most people have rated it highly....

Lot of games having issues with their PC ports recently
Reply/Quote
Redfall is getting smashed in reviews. I haven't bought it yet but now it's increasingly unlikely that i do
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: Redfall is getting smashed in reviews.  I haven't bought it yet but now it's increasingly unlikely that i do

wasnt high on my list to be honest...

Another coop looter shooter type deal.    But it is on gamepass so i might try it when i have some time.   but i had it listed behind Starwars Jedi Survivor and Dead Island 2 on my want to play list.

a Rare miss by Arkane (i believe their first multiplayer attempt)..  but from what i have seen most the main issue's look fixable.

Sadly (with a few exceptions) Most games launch unfinished and still need another year or so of patching in content these days... Which is why i stay in the backlog most the time and wait for Sales/Fixes. There are exceptions as some games launch in great condition although less and less from the BIG AAA games its seems (maybe developers need to trim back a bit)

down to 2 achievements in gears 5

My List going forward in Level of Hype

StarField (day 1)
Elden Ring DLC
Diablo 4 (Day 1)
Baldurs Gate 3 (Day 1 if/when on xbox)
Aliens dark Descent (already purchased lol)
Remnant 2 (first game came out of no where and crushed it)
AoE 4
Alan Wake 2
*** Theres to much this year and this is just the top portion of my list and games we know about lol***
Reply/Quote
Recently upgraded to a PS5. Bought the God of War Ragnarok edition. Just in time for that New Game+ start. Loving my almost immediate load times on FFXIV, having fun killing NPCs on Battlefield 2042 (was free for Plus subs last month, got it just in time), and looking forward to Diablo 4…IS IT JUNE YET?! xD
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 02:39 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Recently upgraded to a PS5. Bought the God of War Ragnarok edition. Just in time for that New Game+ start. Loving my almost immediate load times on FFXIV, having fun killing NPCs on Battlefield 2042 (was free for Plus subs last month, got it just in time), and looking forward to Diablo 4…IS IT JUNE YET?! xD

Less than a month to go if you preordered above the base version goes live 6.2

I don't remember the date but they have announced they will be doing one last beta here in May... to test the servers again.     (maybe 5/12)

The New gen of Consoles put the Load screen Tip guys out of work lol.   The biggest issue i have so far beside the lack of Games taking advantange of the new hardware is Hard Drive space...    (i will admit to having ~ 170 games installed so i could maybe reduce that lol... But need more space with games getting bigger and bigger and bigger.)
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 04:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Less than a month to go if you preordered above the base version goes live 6.2

I don't remember the date but they have announced they will be doing one last beta here in May... to test the servers again.     (maybe 5/12)

The New gen of Consoles put the Load screen Tip guys out of work lol.   The biggest issue i have so far beside the lack of Games taking advantange of the new hardware is Hard Drive space...    (i will admit to having ~ 170 games installed so i could maybe reduce that lol... But need more space with games getting bigger and bigger and bigger.)

That’s my only real complaint, the storage space. I feel like 1TB, which is actually LESS than, due to the 250g or so they keep aside for system things, is far too small. For the exact reasons you gave. These games are 70-150+ gigs, without DLC or major patches. 2TB, in my opinion, should have been the standard. Put these sexy SSDs in them, but cheap out with the space..I don’t get it.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: Redfall is getting smashed in reviews.  I haven't bought it yet but now it's increasingly unlikely that i do

It's basically a scam for $70 or $100. I have gamepass, so I didn't buy it, but made it about 3-4 hours in before uninstalling. It actually felt like a year or two before it should have been released, it was that bad for a AAA game.

- I have a Series X, and it was only running capped at 30 fps for starters. This is inexcusable for a AAA launch game in 2023, and it made movement and looking around clunky and just bad.
- As I got more into the game, more bugs were appearing mainly visual, and then crashing at times.
- The story was basically in a bunch of scattered notes and recordings you had to listen to while at that spot, not liek Fallout where you can listen as you explore.
- The AI was horrific, worse than AI in games of 15 years ago. Now I know AI in open world games isn't usually as good as AI in linear sort of games, but this was top tier bad for a AAA game in 2023.

So I would steer far and wide of this game for now. IF by some miracle it gets massive upgrades and patchs in the next few months, I highly recommend getting Gamepass to try it out at that point (then just cancel if you don't like the game). It's basically losing out $10 instead of $70

My Redfall grade for release 3/10.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 11:14 AM)Millhouse Wrote: It's basically a scam for $70 or $100. I have gamepass, so I didn't buy it, but made it about 3-4 hours in before uninstalling. It actually felt like a year or two before it should have been released, it was that bad for a AAA game.

- I have a Series X, and it was only running capped at 30 fps for starters. This is inexcusable for a AAA launch game in 2023, and it made movement and looking around clunky and just bad.
- As I got more into the game, more bugs were appearing mainly visual, and then crashing at times.
- The story was basically in a bunch of scattered notes and recordings you had to listen to while at that spot, not liek Fallout where you can listen as you explore.
- The AI was horrific, worse than AI in games of 15 years ago. Now I know AI in open world games isn't usually as good as AI in linear sort of games, but this was top tier bad for a AAA game in 2023.

So I would steer far and wide of this game for now. IF by some miracle it gets massive upgrades and patchs in the next few months, I highly recommend getting Gamepass to try it out at that point (then just cancel if you don't like the game). It's basically losing out $10 instead of $70

My Redfall grade for release 3/10.

Another failed launch for Bethesda.  May the gaming gods help Starfield.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 04:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Less than a month to go if you preordered above the base version goes live 6.2

ha!  You must have external drives or a lot of small games.  I have 20 loaded and am at 97%
Reply/Quote
Has anyone played Super Dungeon Maker? Thinking about picking it up to pass time until Diablo gets here.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 12:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: ha!  You must have external drives or a lot of small games.  I have 20 loaded and am at 97%

I have the Series X 1 TB  the 1 TB expansion slot and a 4 GB  HDD to store older things   and im at 90% full  lol
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 12:31 PM)Stewy Wrote: Another failed launch for Bethesda.  May the gaming gods help Starfield.

Bethesda doesnt fail often....    and just had a small hit with Hi Fi Rush.

I think this is the last of the games where it looks like Bethesahad switched to more of a Live Service model  and thats just not their cup of tea in most cases...
76, Young Bloods, redfall    

I think the untethered coop mixed with the unreal 4 engine hurt redfall badly...   not the first open world ue game to struggle.

Im sure redfall will be better after a while.  

Im not worried about Starfield though   Bethesda Singleplayer RPGs i cant think of a single miss...       I dont expect it to be perfect but games that push boundaries usually have some issue to work out 

We got a Fallout 4 upgrade coming this year too and i think another Skyrim update (something for the mod store i believe)

I will say though if there is a publisher i trust to fix a game after it releases it is Bethesda.       Many companies might have dropped Fallout 76 but they turned it around.    ESO started badly too.   
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 08:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bethesda doesnt fail often....    and just had a small hit with Hi Fi Rush.

I think this is the last of the games where it looks like Bethesahad switched to more of a Live Service model  and thats just not their cup of tea in most cases...
76, Young Bloods, redfall    

I think the untethered coop mixed with the unreal 4 engine hurt redfall badly...   not the first open world ue game to struggle.

Im sure redfall will be better after a while.  

Im not worried about Starfield though   Bethesda Singleplayer RPGs i cant think of a single miss...       I dont expect it to be perfect but games that push boundaries usually have some issue to work out 

We got a Fallout 4 upgrade coming this year too and i think another Skyrim update (something for the mod store i believe)

I will say though if there is a publisher i trust to fix a game after it releases it is Bethesda.       Many companies might have dropped Fallout 76 but they turned it around.    ESO started badly too.   

I was speaking more of the launch of Redfll in regard to Bethesda, not it eventually being fixed.  If you're confident Starfield will launch well, Bethesda's history disagrees and I have some nice real-estate in Florida to sell you.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 11:05 AM)Stewy Wrote: I was speaking more of the launch of Redfll in regard to Bethesda, not it eventually being fixed.  If you're confident Starfield will launch well, Bethesda's history disagrees and I have some nice real-estate in Florida to sell you.

Right Redfall was done by Arkane Austin i believe (arkane has several locations)   Their last game was PREY  (which started buggy but is hailed as one of the best games to play)
I don't really follow Arkane Closely personally  Was never into Dishonored franchise and haven't played PREY yet.

Starfield im buying Day 1 even though im on gamepass.

Their last 2 major releases 
Fallout 4
Skyrim

Both started with bugs but are both great games.  (skyrim one of the best of all time)
I imagine Starfields extra 10 months of polish should have helped as they were confident on the 11.11.22 date at one point.

Will a game with over 1000 planets and 100 systems be bug free... NO lol    but i think it will launch in a better state that the recent ones given they were afforded more time.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 11:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right Redfall was done by Arkane Austin i believe (arkane has several locations)   Their last game was PREY  (which started buggy but is hailed as one of the best games to play)
I don't really follow Arkane Closely personally  Was never into Dishonored franchise and haven't played PREY yet.

Starfield im buying Day 1 even though im on gamepass.

Their last 2 major releases 
Fallout 4
Skyrim

Both started with bugs but are both great games.  (skyrim one of the best of all time)
I imagine Starfields extra 10 months of polish should have helped as they were confident on the 11.11.22 date at one point.

Will a game with over 1000 planets and 100 systems be bug free... NO lol    but i think it will launch in a better state that the recent ones given they were afforded more time.

Not really telling me anything I don't know.  But Bethesda is not getting my money at launch.  Might play it on gamepass early.  Might not.  

While like you I am confident there will be bugs, I am more worried about content.  1000 planet where you can land everywhere MUST be at least partially AI, with AI generated content.  There is no way 1000 worlds are hand crafted.  I am far more worried about content than bugs, thus I wait and will see.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 12:01 PM)Stewy Wrote: Not really telling me anything I don't know.  But Bethesda is not getting my money at launch.  Might play it on gamepass early.  Might not.  

While like you I am confident there will be bugs, I am more worried about content.  1000 planet where you can land everywhere MUST be at least partially AI, with AI generated content.  There is no way 1000 worlds are hand crafted.  I am far more worried about content than bugs, thus I wait and will see.

They already explained the planets... They arent Procedurally generated like NMS or diablo where they just randomly make a world as you go.  They used Procedure Generation to help make the plants and the systems originally then went and added hand crafting where needed.

A lot of planets/moons will be barren rocks but with some usrful resources i imagine  as thats how space you know actually is....  their games have never lacked for content imo.

But in this day in age i will never fault someone for the Wait and See approach i do it with 95% of games that come out. very few do i trust with day one time and money
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 09:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: They already explained the planets... They arent Procedurally generated like NMS or diablo where they just randomly make a world as you go.  They used Procedure Generation to help make the plants and the systems originally then went and added hand crafting where needed.

A lot of planets/moons will be barren rocks but with some usrful resources i imagine  as thats how space you know actually is....  their games have never lacked for content imo.

But in this day in age i will never fault someone for the Wait and See approach i do it with 95% of games that come out.   very few do i trust with day one time and money

Note: I am an equal opportunity cynic.  I am a far bigger Bioware fan than Bethesda, but after MEA, I did not pre-order Anthem and in fact have never played it.  Bioware or more specifically EA, will not get another dime of my money unless DABig Grin has a successful launch with good reviews.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: Note: I am an equal opportunity cynic.  I am a far bigger Bioware fan than Bethesda, but after MEA, I did not pre-order Anthem and in fact have never played it.  Bioware or more specifically EA, will not get another dime of my money unless DABig Grin has a successful launch with good reviews.

Yeah im with you on Bioware...      ME:A was a huge franchise let down..   i played it recently and its an Okay game now but not on par with the series it shares a name with.

Anthem i did eventually by the deluxe edition for 3 dollars just cause it was 3 dollars lol.  but havent played it.

While im not a huge DA fan as i havent spent much time on them yet....   DA: D looks like a large departure from what the games have been in the past(in terms of gameplay).   idk if that good or bad im sure it will bring in some new fans and push some old ones away.   but id defer to someone whos played them more.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 08:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah im with you on Bioware...      ME:A was a huge franchise let down..   i played it recently and its an Okay game now but not on par with the series it shares a name with.

Anthem i did eventually by the deluxe edition for 3 dollars just cause it was 3 dollars lol.  but havent played it.

While im not a huge DA fan as i havent spent much time on them yet....   DA: D looks like a large departure from what the games have been in the past(in terms of gameplay).   idk if that good or bad im sure it will bring in some new fans and push some old ones away.   but id defer to someone whos played them more.

Considering most hardcore fans I know wanted a return to more of the DAO, D&D style combat with very deep tactics (think gambits from FF12) and that is NOT what was shown recently, the HC fans are very concerned about gameplay.

But if the story, characters and narrative are excellent, the gameplay won't matter.
Reply/Quote