Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(05-30-2023, 08:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nice waiting on Diablo 4 as well  only a week to go (or 2 days if you spent big lol)   

I haven’t bought Diablo yet and I’ve been going back and forth on playing it this weekend or next. i think I’ll get digital deluxe so I don’t get FOMO.

Quote:Here is a breakdown of everything that was at the PS showcase.... https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-showcase-2023-everything-announced

Nothing really jumped out at me on this list getting me excited or interested….maybe FF?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:19 PM)Stewy Wrote: Remakes of old franchises and a half dozen Zelda clones.  When was the last time a SONY studio had an original idea?  They're still hanging on to the archaic philosophy of exclusivity, and failing miserably.  If I only had a PS5, I'd feel like SONY was ripping me off.  Not a single thing there interested me or made me pause.

Also no comment about the KOTOR remake.....that is a bad sign.  I know people in the FB ME group Im in that have bought or are planning to buy a PS5 specifically for the remake.  Dumb if you ask me, but fans will fan.

Bad news.

From what ive heard on youtube Channels...   KOTOR remake is currently dead in the water and unlikely to come out.   

A year ago Aspyr Showd off the Game to Disney/Lucus and Sony...    Disney liked it... Sony didnt cause it "Wasnt Cinematic Enough"  And shortly after Aspyr was removed from the project its main 2 Leads fired.  And the game given to Saber  (who is already busy making space marine 2)    

But Sony was funding it... And if they pulled out its likely Dead.    Xbox turned down KOTOR previous (also rumor) as they would want to develop it in house (likely Obsidian) not using a 3rd party studio..

Now for the Showcase...  It did show off some good games..  But from a 1st person Sony perspective... It was a bad showcase.   with games as a service and Spiderman being the only things they had to show.  (No 1st party VR Announcements) 

Im hyped for Alan Wake 2.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:41 PM)basballguy Wrote: I haven’t bought Diablo yet and I’ve been going back and forth on playing it this weekend or next.  i think I’ll get digital deluxe so I don’t get FOMO.

Nothing really jumped out at me on this list getting me excited or interested….maybe FF?

I was gonna get the Deluxe for Diablo 4 but i think im just gonna get the normal version as im not sure ill even participate in the Seasonal stuff.

Things i thought looked good
Alan Wake 2
AC Mirage
Dragons Dogma 2
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bad news.

From what ive heard on youtube Channels...   KOTOR remake is currently dead in the water and unlikely to come out.   

A year ago Aspyr Showd off the Game to Disney/Lucus and Sony...    Disney liked it... Sony didnt cause it "Wasnt Cinematic Enough"  And shortly after Aspyr was removed from the project its main 2 Leads fired.  And the game given to Saber  (who is already busy making space marine 2)    

But Sony was funding it... And if they pulled out its likely Dead.    Xbox turned down KOTOR previous (also rumor) as they would want to develop it in house (likely Obsidian) not using a 3rd party studio..

Now for the Showcase...  It did show off some good games..  But from a 1st person Sony perspective... It was a bad showcase.   with games as a service and Spiderman being the only things they had to show.  (No 1st party VR Announcements) 

I knew about the whole Aspyr debacle.  We've even discussed it here previously.  The Publisher recently had an investor call and one of the investors asked about KOTOR specifically with the CEO replying with "No further comment".

Also the publisher just tried to sell, with a 2 billion dollar deal falling apart, so KOTOR is the least of their worries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 02:12 PM)Stewy Wrote: I knew about the whole Aspyr debacle.  We've even discussed it here previously.  The Publisher recently had an investor call and one of the investors asked about KOTOR specifically with the CEO replying with "No further comment".

Also the publisher just tried to sell, with a 2 billion dollar deal falling apart, so KOTOR is the least of their worries.

yeah not sure what that 2bil deal was.....  Unless it was the LOTR deal they announced eariler this year.  it might have been someone was gonna invest 2bil and backed out.  didnt see much details on that.  

Embracer has a ton of IPs and a lot of games in DEV...   it will be very bad if they fall apart imo  but they could sell off some studios/ips
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 12:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bad news.

Don't tell me this. And why wouldn't people want to capitalize on a very popular game, while the gaming IP for Star Wars is so hot right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 12:24 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Don't tell me this. And why wouldn't people want to capitalize on a very popular game, while the gaming IP for Star Wars is so hot right now.

Look i rather this never come out than be bad and tarnish the kotor name...   Kotor can still be played and is still fun as is currently

They should maybe look to bring the Kotor MMO to console instead
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 12:24 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Don't tell me this. And why wouldn't people want to capitalize on a very popular game, while the gaming IP for Star Wars is so hot right now.

Well they did try and they F'd it up apparently.  Frankly trying to remake it without Bioware or Obsidian involved, while ALSO re-writing parts of it and re-recording all of the dialogue, was a potential quadruple whammy of crap.

All they had to do to have a success was take the game AS IS and pull it into a modern engine.  That's it.  And either SONY didn't agree and wanted changes (idiots) or Aspyr didn't deliver.   Personally I blame SONY.
Reply/Quote
Looks like we will finally get an update for the new Fable on 6.11 at the showcase... Xbox teased this

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1663651704133373953?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1663651704133373953%7Ctwgr%5Eaa9cf3b9f7173d9e7005b122be1025212cf200db%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamingbible.com%2Fnews%2Fnew-fable-teaser-released-ahead-of-xbox-showcase-350405-20230531

Which is the music from Bowerstone in fable 1
and i believe a trail of glitter always marked the way...
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 08:52 AM)Stewy Wrote: All they had to do to have a success was take the game AS IS and pull it into a modern engine.  That's it.  And either SONY didn't agree and wanted changes (idiots) or Aspyr didn't deliver.   Personally I blame SONY.

Exactly all they really had to do is touch up the visuals..   and audio.  a HD port would have worked..  (i believe the switch recently got an hd port)

I want the same for Fallout 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 09:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Exactly all they really had to do is touch up the visuals..   and audio.  a HD port would have worked..  (i believe the switch recently got an hd port)

I want the same for Fallout 1 and 2.

The Switch version is good.  Some bugs removed, but mostly they added a cheat console which allows you to skip things that were annoying or to not get caught by bugs.  Quest not completing as it should - force end it - boom - just like PC.

With that said, if the Switch got visual or audio updates, I didn't notice them.

Dual Wielding Level 8/12 Scout/Guardian rulez!!!
Reply/Quote
so here I am...less than 24 hours to D4 and i'm debating on if I want to pay 20 extra bucks for a weekend of diablo.

Someone convince me.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 09:49 PM)basballguy Wrote: so here I am...less than 24 hours to D4 and i'm debating on if I want to pay 20 extra bucks for a weekend of diablo.  

Someone convince me.

I opted for the regular release date and normal version.     So i got one more weekend to clear some other games lol...

Im sure a lot of people will be playing tonight @ 7pm est....      You get the Battle pass (10 Dollars)  as part of that extra 20....   and i believe a few extra cosmetics.

So you can jump in tonight....  Or stay awhile and listen... or both lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT6Zl8rayW4
^diablo 1 and 2 story by deckard cain...
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 02:04 PM)Stewy Wrote: The Switch version is good.  Some bugs removed, but mostly they added a cheat console which allows you to skip things that were annoying or to not get caught by bugs.  Quest not completing as it should - force end it - boom - just like PC.

With that said, if the Switch got visual or audio updates, I didn't notice them.

Dual Wielding Level 8/12 Scout/Guardian rulez!!!

oh maybe they just got a port then...  But at least there is more places you can play it now.    And Kotor 1 and 2 are amoung the Back compat titles on xbox so they work on any generation of the console. (althought im not sure if that DLC planet from the OG xbox is still available or not)
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2023, 08:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: oh maybe they just got a port then...  But at least there is more places you can play it now.    And Kotor 1 and 2 are amoung the Back compat titles on xbox so they work on any generation of the console. (althought im not sure if that DLC planet from the OG xbox is still available or not)

Oh there are some improvements and quality of life betterments in Switch KOTOR, but nothing ground breaking from an AV POV.
Reply/Quote
I know we been talking alot about Diablo 4...

But is anyone picking up any of these Big June Games?

Street Fighter 6 (out tomorrow)
Aliens Dark Descent
Sonic Origins Plus+ (adds a bunch of game gear games to the collection)
Final Fantasy 16
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2023, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I know we been talking alot about Diablo 4...

Street Fighter 6  (out tomorrow)
Aliens Dark Descent
Sonic Origins Plus+  (adds a bunch of game gear games to the collection)
Final Fantasy 16

FF developers have taken heat in previous years for dumbing down their games and making them too linear.  Still the case?  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2023, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I know we been talking alot about Diablo 4...

Street Fighter 6  (out tomorrow)
Aliens Dark Descent
Sonic Origins Plus+  (adds a bunch of game gear games to the collection)
Final Fantasy 16

I'm probably going to pass on D4 for a little while. It's going to be around forever, and if D3 is any indication, D4 a year from now will be nothing like D4 at launch. Although I do have some buddies so I might get roped into it. 

I've played every mainline Final Fantasy so far. Guess I'll get XVI as well. Hope it is a return to form. Still on the fence about the battle system. I get it's the new standard.....but I'm old. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2023, 11:34 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm probably going to pass on D4 for a little while. It's going to be around forever, and if D3 is any indication, D4 a year from now will be nothing like D4 at launch. Although I do have some buddies so I might get roped into it. 

I've played every mainline Final Fantasy so far. Guess I'll get XVI as well. Hope it is a return to form. Still on the fence about the battle system. I get it's the new standard.....but I'm old. 

FF died for me upon the release of FF13.  FF12 had the perfect gameplay combat system.....not just for FF, but for any RPG I've played.  But FF's been a trash pile ever since.  Very sad, as I too was a FF junky for a long time.  Thank goodness i still have Zodiac Age to play, but too bad the story and characters are so weak *sigh*.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2023, 11:09 AM)basballguy Wrote: FF developers have taken heat in previous years for dumbing down their games and making them too linear.  Still the case?  

I think the only game that really got flak for linearity was FFXIII. Their attempt at open world with XV was kind of a mixed bag. I hope they return to a FFXII style in that while the story is fairly linear, there is plenty of opportunity for backtracking and some side questing, as well as a robust endgame. JRPGs lend themselves to linearity but between XV, 7R and XVI it looks like Squeenix is trying to transition to a more ARPG and open-world style, which is "in" nowadays. 

Some developers and games make the transition more smoothly to an open-world variant of their respective genres. God of War and Zelda come to mind.
Reply/Quote