Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(11-28-2023, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Does anyone on here plan on playing World of Warcraft Classic - Season of Discovery starting this coming Thursday 11/30?

If so, PM me.
A couple of my buddies and I are planning to play. It might be cool trying to get a 10-man guild created.

We're playing on Wild Growth on Horde side for anyone interested.
Just started yesterday evening.

Level cap is 25 for this first phase, so it's not a big time investment to level.

PM me here or on Discord if you wanna join us.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
New BG3 honour mode is a blast. One save and that's it, you can't reload if game over. New legendary powers for bosses ( indeed ) and tactical mode mandatory.

The Giths at the creche destroyed me but it was a damn good run.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
GTA VI trailer tomorrow 9AM

Halo Infinite Firefight update today (launches tomorrow)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_x0LVnITTg

Game Awards Thrusday
Reply/Quote
GTA 6 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQelDKULOQ

scheduled for release late 2025 i believe
Reply/Quote
Just played thru Mutant Year Zero. A Fun little Tactical RPG.

Skyrim just had an update on all platforms. adding or changing the creation platform making it easier to find / sell mods etc. (i believe something like this also coming to fallout 4 soon)
Reply/Quote
Just bought warhammer 40,000: rogue trader releasing tomorrow.

I'll tell you about it but I liked both PathFinder games made by Owlcat studio so I'm confidently optimistic.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:09 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Just bought warhammer 40,000: rogue trader releasing tomorrow.

I'll tell you about it but I liked both PathFinder games made by Owlcat studio so I'm confidently optimistic.

it looks fantastic and so does the new Avatar game by ubisoft.

i needs more money/time
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2023, 01:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We're playing on Wild Growth on Horde side for anyone interested.
Just started yesterday evening.

Level cap is 25 for this first phase, so it's not a big time investment to level.

PM me here or on Discord if you wanna join us.

How is Season of Discovery?

I've contemplated giving up my normal life to save the world....... of warcraft.
Reply/Quote
Game Awards tonight @ 7:00 PM Eastern

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-game-awards-2023-how-to-watch-and-what-to-expect

Even if you dont watch be on the look out for a bunch of new trailers dropping during the event. will try and post the highlights tomorrow.

along with learning when xbox players can finally buy BG3 lol

if you have gamepass ultimate or EA Play (i think EA Play is where the deals are) They have some amazing cheap EA games from this year grabbed Dead Space Remake deluxe for 8$... i think wild hearts is 9$ fallen order is like 5$ and a few others on deep discount
https://www.trueachievements.com/news/dead-space-wild-hearts-ea-deluxe-edition-xbox-sale
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 02:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How is Season of Discovery?

I've contemplated giving up my normal life to save the world....... of warcraft.

It's pretty fun.
Since 25 is max level now, getting there takes less than a week. Only a few days if ya got a pretty free weekend.
My buddies and I are already max level and I have an alt already at level 16 that I started Monday.
Most people are playing one of the classes that can do a new role (shaman, mage, warlock) or had different roles that are no longer meme specs (feral druid).
I haven't done the 10-man raid yet, but I'm hoping to next week.
There's only about 6 weeks for this phase then they are going to increase level cap to 40 and make Gnomeregan a raid.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 11:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's pretty fun.
Since 25 is max level now, getting there takes less than a week. Only a few days if ya got a pretty free weekend.
My buddies and I are already max level and I have an alt already at level 16 that I started Monday.
Most people are playing one of the classes that can do a new role (shaman, mage, warlock) or had different roles that are no longer meme specs (feral druid).
I haven't done the 10-man raid yet, but I'm hoping to next week.
There's only about 6 weeks for this phase then they are going to increase level cap to 40 and make Gnomeregan a raid.

hoping sometime next year we hear word of WoW for consoles.
Reply/Quote
Still haven’t made it back to BG3. Been traveling so much for work with a new consulting gig I took I only have time to play Stardew Valley on my Nintendo that travels with me.

Sad times
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 05:55 PM)basballguy Wrote: Still haven’t made it back to BG3.  Been traveling so much for work with a new consulting gig I took I only have time to play Stardew Valley on my Nintendo that travels with me.  

Sad times

Yes but you get to play Stardew!  One of my favorites!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 05:55 PM)basballguy Wrote: Still haven’t made it back to BG3.  Been traveling so much for work with a new consulting gig I took I only have time to play Stardew Valley on my Nintendo that travels with me.  

Sad times

I am about to go into consulting due to my current company being purchased. Completely WFH, though. What type of consulting are you doing? 

For the thread...

Recently Beaten

1. The Talos Principle
  2. The Exit 8
  3. Superhot
  4. Ghostrunner 2
Currently Playing

1. Hades
  2. Lethal Company
  3. Yakuza 0
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 02:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hoping sometime next year we hear word of WoW for consoles.

Hell with the older graphics, they could put Classic on mobile.
And PS5 could handle the current WoW.

The challenge though would be how to use all those abilities without a keyboard.
Controller would be extremely limited, and mobile screen to click all the abilities while also trying to move would be damn near impossible.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 06:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am about to go into consulting due to my current company being purchased. Completely WFH, though. What type of consulting are you doing? 

Tech - managed services. My firm will land a contract for building out a team of developers, scrum master, BA/PO etc and someone like me goes out to the site, gets the team up and running with whatever SDLC the client prefers and then I move on to the next client.

Snoozefest but more lucrative than my leadership role at ATT
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 06:52 PM)basballguy Wrote: Tech - managed services.  My firm will land a contract for building out a team of developers, scrum master, BA/PO etc and someone like me goes out to the site, gets the team up and running with whatever SDLC the client prefers and then I move on to the next client.  

Snoozefest but more lucrative than my leadership role at ATT

Nice man. I hope it's a good spot for you. The travel isn't great, I'm sure, but hopefully the "lucrative" aspect of it more than makes up for it. 
Reply/Quote
What am I playing? Mostly everquest.....WHy?

Well our daughter (26) was recently laid off and moved back home. She wants to spend time with us and even though we hadn't been playing EQ for like 2 years, AND the fact that she was aware we played it obsessively since it launched in 1999, she never showed much interest, but she specifically asked to play with her to see if she liked it and perhaps eventually level up and join our main group. This is the third time she has tried to play EQ, but the first in the last 15 years.

Good news is she's essentially fallen in love with a particular class and we're working to level her up to match our mains......and everquest can be a time suck. So I'm spending a lot of time teaching her basics. She's doing tradeskills right now and we've gained several levels laying baby tons together.

Anyway, EQ is sucking up our time, but we're happy about it.

p.s. - She already has two interviews scheduled for new positions. She won't be in our basement long but she still wants to play with us. I think we've created a monster. :)
Reply/Quote
Video game awards were long..... lol but some pretty good new games shown off..

a couple stealth drops
Ragnorak is getting a rogue like Free dlc (called Valhalla lol) 12/12
BG3 is out on xbox
FF16 dropped a dlc

New games shown by group that made no mans sky
New Akrane Game BLADE!
Hellblade 2 combat shown and looked good
Sega announced they are bringing back 5+ titles like Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Golden Ax, Streets of Rage, Shinobi
2 new Fortnite things if anyone plays that Lego Fortnite and A racing thing
Skull and Bones got a release date and it looks like a decently fun game now. 2/24/24

https://www.theverge.com/23981532/the-game-awards-2023-biggest-news-trailers-announcements

World of goo 2 was at the preshow

Matthew McConaughey space game
New "Mana" game
Jurassic park survival game
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 08:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Video game awards were long..... lol  but some pretty good new games shown off..

a couple stealth drops
Ragnorak is getting a rogue like Free dlc (called Valhalla lol) 12/12
BG3 is out on xbox
FF16 dropped a dlc

New games shown by group that made no mans sky
New Akrane Game   BLADE!
Hellblade 2 combat shown and looked good
Sega announced they are bringing back 5+ titles like Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Golden Ax, Streets of Rage, Shinobi
2 new Fortnite things if anyone plays that  Lego Fortnite and A racing thing
Skull and Bones got a release date and it looks like a decently fun game now.  2/24/24

https://www.theverge.com/23981532/the-game-awards-2023-biggest-news-trailers-announcements

World of goo 2  was at the preshow

Matthew McConaughey space game
New "Mana" game
Jurassic park survival game

Right as I'm contemplating getting rid of my PS5 they drop FF16 DLC and announce a brand-new Mana game that won't be on the Switch.
Reply/Quote