Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(12-08-2023, 08:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Video game awards were long..... lol  but some pretty good new games shown off..

a couple stealth drops
Ragnorak is getting a rogue like Free dlc (called Valhalla lol) 12/12
BG3 is out on xbox
FF16 dropped a dlc

New games shown by group that made no mans sky
New Akrane Game   BLADE!
Hellblade 2 combat shown and looked good
Sega announced they are bringing back 5+ titles like Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Golden Ax, Streets of Rage, Shinobi
2 new Fortnite things if anyone plays that  Lego Fortnite and A racing thing
Skull and Bones got a release date and it looks like a decently fun game now.  2/24/24

https://www.theverge.com/23981532/the-game-awards-2023-biggest-news-trailers-announcements

World of goo 2  was at the preshow

Matthew McConaughey space game
New "Mana" game
Jurassic park survival game

DLing BG3 now - yay!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 12:45 PM)Stewy Wrote: DLing BG3 now - yay!

yep ill be as soon as i can get to the store to grab another $card lol

Dude from Larian got rushed off the stage before he could announce it last night... (but was wearing full plate armor... lol)
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 02:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hoping sometime next year we hear word of WoW for consoles.
I doubt it. No real way to download and use add ons, which has always been a staple of WoW. XB and Sony would just try to figure out a way to monetize add ons if they did figure out a solution. No, ever since BFA, I have long been ready for WoW to finally die. If ya want a quality console MMORPG, ya play FFXIV! Their next expansion, Dawntrail iirc, Square Enix will be remastering the graphics. If you think it looks and plays good now, just wait till Dawntrail drops! ESO is decent too if a bit dated. I just can't see a ported WoW, if they haven't done it by now, I doubt they ever will.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 04:27 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I doubt it. No real way to download and use add ons, which has always been a staple of WoW. XB and Sony would just try to figure out a way to monetize add ons if they did figure out a solution. No, ever since BFA, I have long been ready for WoW to finally die. If ya want a quality console MMORPG, ya play FFXIV! Their next expansion, Dawntrail iirc,  Square Enix will be remastering the graphics. If you think it looks and plays good now, just wait till Dawntrail drops!  ESO is decent too if a bit dated. I just can't see a ported WoW, if they haven't done it by now, I doubt they ever will.

ill just go ESO if wow never comes.

but BG3 will keep me busy a while
Reply/Quote
I'm playing Total War Pharaoh PC Game. It came out sometime in October I think.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 04:27 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I doubt it. No real way to download and use add ons, which has always been a staple of WoW. XB and Sony would just try to figure out a way to monetize add ons if they did figure out a solution. No, ever since BFA, I have long been ready for WoW to finally die. If ya want a quality console MMORPG, ya play FFXIV! Their next expansion, Dawntrail iirc, Square Enix will be remastering the graphics. If you think it looks and plays good now, just wait till Dawntrail drops! ESO is decent too if a bit dated. I just can't see a ported WoW, if they haven't done it by now, I doubt they ever will.

The majority of people that use add ons do it for raiding. Something like 25% of wow players raid. Add ons are a popular feature but I wouldn’t call it a staple. Cross platform wouldn’t make sense because of the advantages add ons give in a raid setting but I wouldn’t cite that as the reason it would never happen.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2023, 03:31 AM)basballguy Wrote: The majority of people that use add ons do it for raiding. Something like 25% of wow players raid. Add ons are a popular feature but I wouldn’t call it a staple. Cross platform wouldn’t make sense because of the advantages add ons give in a raid setting but I wouldn’t cite that as the reason it would never happen.
Maybe things have changed since I Iast played (BFA was such a shit expansion to follow Legion in my opinion) but add ons were used in PvP, Arenas, and BGs just as much as raiding. Flag timers, boss-pull BG timers and warnings / flags. Complete-UI- building add ons to replace the blah default. Stuff like that. None of which are really game-breaking must-haves, but all provide customization in some form or another. It just couldn't work on console.

I guess it could work if console players were restricted to console-only servers. No xplay. And they rebuild their UI to something like FFXIV has done. Spending money on new, updated servers?! Diablo 4 proves THAT won't happen either!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2023, 09:02 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Maybe things have changed since I  Iast played (BFA was such a shit expansion to follow Legion in my opinion) but add ons were used in PvP, Arenas, and BGs just as much as raiding. Flag timers, boss-pull BG timers and warnings / flags. Complete-UI- building add ons to replace the blah default. Stuff like that. None of which are really game-breaking must-haves, but all provide customization in some form or another. It just couldn't work on console.

I guess it could work if console players were restricted to console-only servers. No xplay. And they rebuild their UI to something like FFXIV has done. Spending money on new, updated servers?! Diablo 4 proves THAT won't happen either!

I haven't played WoW since early Mists of Pandoria so I don't know I'd they fixed it but the orginal UI for Healing was shit everyone used some kinda raid frames for everything. Most people used Grid but I didn't like it because the hotkey's felt more keyboard/keyboard and didn't give me the mobility I wanted. Healbot was better for me it did more Keyboard/Mouse hotkeys and I was able play it more like I would a Shooter. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2023, 10:00 AM)Synric Wrote: I haven't played WoW since early Mists of Pandoria so I don't know I'd they fixed it but the orginal UI for Healing was shit everyone used some kinda raid frames for everything. Most people used Grid but I didn't like it because the hotkey's felt more keyboard/keyboard and didn't give me the mobility I wanted. Healbot was better for me it did more Keyboard/Mouse hotkeys and I was able play it more like I would a Shooter. 
I mained an Assassin rogue from TBC throughout. Stopped playing during Mists (didn't care for that expansion at all, referred to it as Misty Pandiarrhea), skipped Warlords (it was bad too) and came back for Legion. As a DPS, you can get by with just threat meters and a boss timer add on like DeadlyBossMods. Have they baked in their own boss timers since BFA? I didn't tank much, dabbled a bit with a bear tank but didn't care for WoW tanking (FFXIV tanking on the other hand, I'm quite good at!) but I'm sure tanks use some tank-specific add ons for swaps and such maybe?

Basically, in my opinion, there are just too many customization options available to PC players that console players would never have access to, and if they somehow did manage to port it, they would NEED to separate PC players from console players w platform-specific servers and rebuild their in-game UI.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2023, 10:48 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I mained an Assassin rogue from TBC throughout. Stopped playing during Mists (didn't care for that expansion at all, referred to it as Misty Pandiarrhea), skipped Warlords (it was bad too) and came back for Legion. As a DPS, you can get by with just threat meters and a boss timer add on like DeadlyBossMods. Have they baked in their own boss timers since BFA?  I didn't tank much, dabbled a bit with a bear tank but didn't care for WoW tanking (FFXIV tanking on the other hand, I'm quite good at!) but I'm sure tanks use some tank-specific add ons for swaps and such maybe?

Basically, in my opinion, there are just too many customization options available to PC players that console players would never have access to, and if they somehow did manage to port it, they would NEED to separate PC players from console players w platform-specific servers and rebuild their in-game UI.

if they dont have a WoW 2 in the works...  a console version of Classic would be a good start.    Will have to see what blizzard does.

If they cant get wow on console then i at least need starcraft
Reply/Quote
Gamepass cloud gaming is now available on the meta quest 2,3,pro. you need a xbox controller i believe
Reply/Quote
Powerwash sim dropped a free christmas dlc...
Reply/Quote

Enjoy the ride ! We are in the GOAT discussion with this game. 

Incredible journey. Feel free to share with us. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 12:34 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Enjoy the ride ! We are in the GOAT discussion with this game. 

Incredible journey. Feel free to share with us. 

hope they get to tackle another famous IP soon...  a few worlds they could bring the life like LOTR or GoT... or maybe they can make the next Kotor
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 03:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hope they get to tackle another famous IP soon...  a few worlds they could bring the life like LOTR or GoT... or maybe they can make the next Kotor

Kotor 3 of that quality would be the game of the century. No less. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote

Let me know how it handles on console. Seriously considering abandoning the PC. 
Reply/Quote
Halo infinite's Winter Operation starts today

Whats on your christmas wishlist this year?

(Games i didnt manage to pick up in 2023 but on my list to get when the deal is right.)

Hogwarts
Jedi Survivor
Dead Island 2
Alan Wake 2
MK1
Cyberpunk dlc
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 01:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Halo infinite's Winter Operation starts today

Whats on your christmas wishlist this year?

(Games i didnt manage to pick up in 2023 but on my list to get when the deal is right.)

Hogwarts
Jedi Survivor
Dead Island 2
Alan Wake 2
MK1
Cyberpunk dlc
I've had $100 of gift funds in my PSN wallet since mid November, keeping my eye out for something in their sales. Nothing in their "End of Year" sale going on right now has really appealed to me and I don't want to drop $70 on a AAA title right now. But you know how PSN sales go...when one ends another starts.

I really wanna play BG3 but I don't want to drop $70+ . From all the videos I've seen, it plays really well on PS5 with their radial menus, provided you don't have bad controller drift. I heard the recently released XB version has been a bug filled nightmare though. Losing saves (and hrs of game time) being the biggest of them.

MW3 is on sale right now, but I haven't enjoyed a CoD since WW2, before the Battle Royale fad hit hard. Never cared for WZ, or DMZ. I think my competitive multiplayer days are done. I enjoy looter shooters and Metroidvania types the most these days.

Speaking of Metroidvanias..."Cookie Cutter" just dropped (on PSN, not sure about you PC and XB folks!) and it looks fantastic. Might scratch my Hollow Knight itch (WHERE ARE YOU SILKSONG?! ) and at a low price of only $20, I might just get it.

As of my wishlist..wish I really had one. I just recently beat Cyberpunk DLC and have almost platinumed the game as a whole. Same with AC Mirage, which I hated at first but have grown to enjoy. They just dropped NG+ and a perma-death mode is on the way. I need to redownload God of War Ragnarok, they just dropped a roguelite free DLC "Valhalla" that I would like to check out. So yeah, not really a wishlist but more of a "catching up in one's I already have", waiting on something to catch my eye in a sale!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 08:18 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I really wanna play BG3 but I don't want to drop $70+ . From all the videos I've seen, it plays really well on PS5 with their radial menus, provided you don't have bad controller drift. I heard the recently released XB version has been a bug filled nightmare though. Losing saves (and hrs of game time)  being the biggest of them.

People are filling you with a load of shit.  Haven't had a single lost save or even a bug yet on the XBOX Series X version of BG3.  No lag either in performance mode.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:19 PM)Stewy Wrote: People are filling you with a load of shit.  Haven't had a single lost save or even a bug yet on the XBOX Series X version of BG3.  No lag either in performance mode.

For about 150 hours of game ( at least ! ), it's worth every penny.

Reply/Quote