Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wildcats Forever - Honorary Inductee
Reading through those comments, you can see he was much loved.

Also, am I to take it that Black Betty is incredibly difficult to play on drums, but he could play it no problem?

I'm curious now lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 04:23 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Reading through those comments, you can see he was much loved.

Also, am I to take it that Black Betty is incredibly difficult to play on drums, but he could play it no problem?

I'm curious now lol

It's not impossibly hard, but it's not easy. It has a very prominent back beat, which means the drummer has to be very disciplined in keeping the tempo in his head, particularly when adding kicks and fills.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 05:55 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: It's not impossibly hard, but it's not easy. It has a very prominent back beat, which means the drummer has to be very disciplined in keeping the tempo in his head, particularly when adding kicks and fills.

Yeah, I learned from the other thread that his association with the song, is not because he can play it despite it being difficult, but that he actually was the ORIGINAL DRUMMER for the song!!!!!! Wow! He's even mentioned in Wikipedia! lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 11:48 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: A photo of Dave (right) with his first band:

[Image: 532904_10152844340593142_577682982438189...e=5D9B8351]

The guy on the left with the tamborine is Mike Conner who went on to become the keyboardist for Pure Prairie League. Dave knew a lot of the guys involved with PPL including Vince Gill.

That's cool....thanks for sharing.  I posted in Tiger's birthday thread for Dave that a funny thing happened on his birthday.  I got a reminder on FB that it was his birthday that morning, so I headed there and posted a couple of thoughts.  I had taken the day off to hang with the fam.  I wasn't back online until the next day.  As we were relaxing in the pool that afternoon, the wife had Pandora on her BT speaker, and lo and behold, Black Betty comes on.  It wasn't even really a classic rock feed.....I just looked up to the clouds and grinned. Cool

Speaking of Vince Gill, I never realized how much of a badass he is on the Strat until I saw Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival. Wow.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I’m sorry that I’m so late on this, but it’s terribble to read this news. WF was a super solid poster, and seemed to be a really great guy. I’m sure you’ve all missed having him around...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Dang I'm just now seeing this. You never really think about the person behind the screenname and sometimes just assume they'll be there forever.

You can always tell what kind of person one is with how they talk to you in anonymity and it was always clear Wildcat was a good human. RIP
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Heavenly Who Dey brother, I wish you were here to celebrate with us.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote