Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray?
(02-06-2019, 01:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Don't know. Like I said I think they are pretty much in on Dalton for this year though. I think short of the Redskins rolling in and offering a 1st for him we will keep him and see what he can do with a totally new head coach.

I totally agree.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I really hate to say this out-loud. but there is a chance the Bengals go after Kyler Murray if he commits.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 10:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: He is a less good version of Dalton, but not bad enough to tank, so the whole idea of getting him seems pretty stupid. I've seen all the ideas around it but they make no sense. If he gets cut could he be the back up? Maybe. I honestly don't think they are all that concerned about QB though.

To be fair if he was brought in to be a backup QB and was paid a backup QB salary I don't believe I would mind that move at all.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:48 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: To be fair if he was brought in to be a backup QB and was paid a backup QB salary I don't believe I would mind that move at all.

No, that would be the one good move involving him.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 01:25 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I really hate to say this out-loud. but there is a chance the Bengals go after Kyler Murray if he commits.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Could be a giant smokescreen, but Zac Taylor has indicated that Dalton is his guy (at least for this year).  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 09:42 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I wouldn't worry about it.  Could be a giant smokescreen, but Zac Taylor has indicated that Dalton is his guy (at least for this year).  

Rams won with Goff, I'm sure he more than anyone knows that Goff is limited and they schemed around it with succes. In terms of being able to manage a game for him year 1 Dalton puts him in a much better position for instant success, especially in comparison to Goff. QB's are the coach on the field and when the whole offense is doing something completely new, having a veteran QB can be huge. That doesn't mean next year once the whole offense knows the scheme we don't change QB's, but I think for this year to get up and going Dalton is his guy.
Reply/Quote
Yeah. If I had any doubts about Dalton being the guy this year, the press conference squashed those doubts.

Not expecting a QB any earlier than round 3 or 4, assuming we draft one at all.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 12:46 PM)McC Wrote: ...or screw it for several years.

Are the Bengals even on his list of teams he will play for?

Yes we are.
I think he's a better fit for the offense Taylor wants to run vs Haskins and would not be surprised at all if Murray was the pick.

And if we do draft Murray, then before the trade deadline next year, I would start working Murray into the lineup and trade AD to a desperate team and fleece them! :)
Reply/Quote
If you want a good laugh...

Reply/Quote
Haskins or Murray? Part of me says I'd take Murray if he'd play for us. Another part of me says I don't want a guy (like Eli M) who thinks he can dictate who does and doesn't draft him. That's not a guy I'd want on my team. It spells trouble down the road.

Haskins? For being in a system that's not good for QBs, he put up some good tape. He throws a really nice ball.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 06:20 AM)Shady Wrote: Haskins or Murray? Part of me says I'd take Murray if he'd play for us. Another part of me says I don't want a guy (like Eli M) who thinks he can dictate who does and doesn't draft him. That's not a guy I'd want on my team. It spells trouble down the road.

Haskins? For being in a system that's not good for QBs, he put up some good tape. He throws a really nice ball.

Haskins wasn't in a system that's not good for QB's. The offense that Haskins ran this year was not an Urban Meyer Offense it was actually a Ryan Day Offense. If all you did was put on the tape of passing plays from this year and any other year at OSU the actual route combinations would look nothing alike. 
Reply/Quote
I think the best option is to pass on both, roll with AD and draft Easton Stick late (North Dakota State) and develop him to play the offense the way they want him to.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think the best option is to pass on both, roll with AD and draft Easton Stick late (North Dakota State) and develop him to play the offense the way they want him to.

Stick will be an AAFL QB by next year. 
Reply/Quote
Okay so Kyler Murray isn't as bad as I thought he would be.
Reply/Quote
Reading this back makes me feel pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 12:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Disagree on Haskins being "safe." Haskins only had a year of experience and looked to have issues when facing pressure. There's risk there.

Seems to be an accurate take of mine so far regarding Haskins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 12:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Disagree on Haskins being "safe." Haskins only had a year of experience and looked to have issues when facing pressure. There's risk there.

(11-19-2019, 11:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Seems to be an accurate take of mine so far regarding Haskins.

I think that many of us told of Haskins' issues under pressure.  However, just like with every year around draft season, the Great Hype Machine that is sports media started pushing him up the charts.  And, just like every year, some team bit on a QB, much earlier than they should have.

Edit: I really don't understand why it is that once one "draftnik" pushes a guy up his boards that nobody else has there, all the others seem to gradually jump on board. It's like they're all afraid of being wrong, by sticking with their initial opinions.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 11:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that many of us told of Haskins' issues under pressure.  However, just like with every year around draft season, the Great Hype Machine that is sports media started pushing him up the charts.  And, just like every year, some team bit on a QB, much earlier than they should have.

Edit:  I really don't understand why it is that once one "draftnik" pushes a guy up his boards that nobody else has there, all the others seem to gradually jump on board.  It's like they're all afraid of being wrong, by sticking with their initial opinions.

I actually think he went about where he should have. The pressure issues are showing up as many predicted and I think until he gets behind a line willing to block longer than .5 seconds he is going to struggle. The next coaching hire will be a big deal, I'd like to see what someone like Joe Brady could do with him. 
Reply/Quote