Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automaitc go to newest post in a thread
I don't know if it is possible with the software used here, but this is one thing I like about some other forums I visit. If there is a thread you have read and it has replies you have read the next time you visit the thread it automatically takes you to the newest post in the thread since you visited it. I suppose it uses a cookie of sorts.

I think that is a very nice feature, certainly in threads that have a lot of posts. That way readers don't have to scroll trough all the posts already read to try to find newest since last visit and the conversation is still in order. Just and idea if something like that is possible.

Thanks again for all that this board already has.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:10 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't know if it is possible with the software used here, but this is one thing I like about some other forums I visit.  If there is a thread you have read and it has replies you have read the next time you visit the thread it automatically takes you to the newest post in the thread since you visited it.  I suppose it uses a cookie of sorts.  

I think that is a very nice feature, certainly in threads that have a lot of posts.  That way readers don't have to scroll trough all the posts already read to try to find newest since last visit and the conversation is still in order.  Just and idea if something like that is possible.

Thanks again for all that this board already has.

We already have that feature.  The little green arrow not only let's you know that there are unread posts, since you last visited a thread, if you click on it you will be taken to that first unread post.   ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We already have that feature.  The little green arrow not only let's you know that there are unread posts, since you last visited a thread, if you click on it you will be taken to that first unread post.   ThumbsUp

Thanks, I never noticed that since it wasn't very obvious.  What I was talking about does it automatically when visiting a read thread.  Now that I know about it I will use the arrow.  :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Click on the words "last post" on the very right of the thread listing.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 10:28 PM)treee Wrote: Click on the words "last post" on the very right of the thread listing.

Yes glad to see things I wasn't aware of.  What I was talking about is automatic.  You read a thread, then go back to it later and taken to the next unread post in the thread without having to do anything.  That said, this works and thanks for the info.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 10:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yes glad to see things I wasn't aware of.  What I was talking about is automatic.  You read a thread, then go back to it later and taken to the next unread post in the thread without having to do anything.  That said, this works and thanks for the info.

That would definitely be convenient. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 10:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Thanks, I never noticed that since it wasn't very obvious.  What I was talking about does it automatically when visiting a read thread.  Now that I know about it I will use the arrow.  :)

Damn brother, how easy do you want us to make it for you? LOL

Seriously though, I am currently looking at some possible new plugins to add to the board, and that might end up being one of them, depending on how well it works when I test it. Some plugins work very smoothly and others can be glitchy.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We already have that feature.  The little green arrow not only let's you know that there are unread posts, since you last visited a thread, if you click on it you will be taken to that first unread post.   ThumbsUp

Heck, I didnt even know that one?

Reply/Quote