Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 3) ***Giants @ Bengals - GameDay Thread***
New York Giants   vs   Cincinnati Bengals 
August 22nd, 2019 at 7:00 PM
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio

[Image: 4tbbq00.jpg?1]
Reply/Quote
Yay! Finally a home game to chew over. Who like me will be in attendance tonight?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
DVRing the game so I can watch it when I get off work.

Any guesses as to our starting oline lineup? ASmith JMiller BPrice JJerry BHart ? Or maybe ODugas MJordan BPrice ARedmond BHart?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 02:24 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: DVRing the game so I can watch it when I get off work.

Any guesses as to our starting oline lineup? 

I predict Andy Dalton to start at QB. Beyond that, I don't k now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 04:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I predict Andy Dalton to start at QB. Beyond that, I don't k now.

You would...     Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Jordan is starting at LG
Willis is starting as #1 receiver
Tate starting for Ross

Out for tonite
Rookie TE Drew Sample, QB DJeff Driskel among the players who are not expected to play for the Bengals in tonight's preseason game against the New York Giants. Other notables not expected to play: WR Stanley Morgan, WR John Ross, CB KeiVarae Russell, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, G Chsitian Westerman, OT Cordy Glenn, DT Christian Ringo, S Clayton Fejedelem.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 07:02 PM)pally Wrote: Jordan is starting at LG
Willis is starting as #1 receiver
Tate starting for Ross

Out for tonite
Rookie TE Drew Sample, QB DJeff Driskel among the players who are not expected to play for the Bengals in tonight's preseason game against the New York Giants. Other notables not expected to play: WR Stanley Morgan, WR John Ross, CB KeiVarae Russell, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, G Chsitian Westerman, OT Cordy Glenn, DT Christian Ringo, S Clayton Fejedelem.

Not good for Morgan Hmm
Reply/Quote
Why isn't Sample playing?

Reply/Quote
The optimist in me is excited to see some guys win jobs tonight.

Good to see Willis getting a shot, I like him a lot.

Dugas is a guy to watch as well.

Will Pratt show up at LB? On special teams?

I also hope AD rebounds from bad week and Malone gets a shot with AD and # OL.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 07:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not good for Morgan Hmm

I think he was an extreme long shot to make the 53 man roster. But, I see him definitely on our PS to develop.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
According to an article I read this morning, we wont have our starters in long.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/8/21/20827030/zac-taylor-bengals-nfl-preseason-week-3-giants-news

Quote:When the Bengals hired Zac Taylor to be their head coach, the overwhelming theme was modernizing the Bengals. They wanted to get younger and try to ward off some of the staleness that had crept into the stadium the past few seasons.

Most fans probably just think the Bengals offense is going to get an upgrade in scheme to something that teams like the Chiefs and Rams ran last season. Another aspect has been Taylor’s approach to getting the players prepared for the season.

We have heard Taylor talk about how he wants to keep players fresh and make sure they come back fully healthy for almost the entirety of the offseason, so it should come as no surprise that he is extending that to the famous third preseason game dress rehearsal where starters have traditionally played into the second half of the game.

“You won’t see [the starters] play that long. I feel confident that we will get good work in, however long that is in the first half,” Taylor told reporters on Sunday “Guys will be ready to play against Seattle. We will not play (starters) the first half and into the third quarter like it has been done in the past. I think the trend, and I don’t really care what the trend is, is the guys will play a series-or-two shorter than what has happened in years past. Whether that’s good or bad, that’s what we believe in — keeping our guys fresh and healthy. They’re getting enough work. We feel good about our plan.”

The third preseason game has usually been the time most teams play their starters for an extended period of time. The thinking behind it is it helps players’ bodies prepare to play after sitting for halftime. It also gives them a few extra snaps of practice against a live opponent. The downside is it is also putting players at risk for that many more plays during a game that ultimately means nothing at the end of the season.

For those who have followed Taylor’s statements since joining the team, this should come as no surprise. He has really treated training camp and the preseason as more of a luxury time to allow players who may not be 100 percent to heal properly and get eased back in. We’ve seen it with players like [/url]John Ross and Carl Lawson in particular.

He also doesn’t seem to want to place players who have been prone to injuries out there for too long. One such player is tight end Tyler Eifert, who played a single snap against Washington last week. Taylor plans to play more of him against the [url=https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants]Giants, but again don’t expect to see too much of him.

“He’ll see a little bit more. Not too much more,” Taylor told Richard Skinner of WKRC. “There’s not a whole lot we need to see from him. The important thing is keeping him fresh and healthy for Week 1 in Seattle.”

If all goes well the Bengals should have a healthy Eifert in Week 1 against the Seahawks, which would be a huge help with wide receiver A.J. Green likely to miss the game. There is no question the Bengals offense is better when Eifert is able to play. It has just a matter of Eifert and Cincinnati not being lucky enough for that to be the case more often. Maybe Taylor’s approach will help curb that trend.

Overall, this is a new approach that I’m sure veteran players especially will enjoy. Some players may be anxious to get as many snaps in as possible before the regular season hits. Although, those extra snaps won’t matter if they lead to an injury that holds them back from being as fresh as possible for Week 1.

Plus, the players on the roster bubble will appreciate the extra opportunities to show off for the Bengals and the NFL just as much.

Reply/Quote
Just saw a guy ranked us #30 in power rankings.
Ouch, he has no faith in ZT I guess.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 07:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just saw a guy ranked us #30 in power rankings.
Ouch, he has no faith in ZT I guess.

A guy?

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A guy?

Yep some guy I had never heard of which to me made him just a guy. His name scrolled, but...……….

Went back to NFLN just for you

Dan Hanzus was the guy

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 08:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep some guy I had never heard of which to me made him just a guy. His name scrolled, but...……….

Sounds legit. Not the guy, the post. LOL

Reply/Quote
I think it was pay attention who is on field on Special Teams in first half, we will get some clues

Reply/Quote
Nice blocking

Reply/Quote
Nice start
Reply/Quote
YAC is a nice sight to see

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Jefferson on kick return and punt team already??

Wilson as well.

Reply/Quote