Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Haters
(09-11-2019, 05:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You must be really upset J. Williams will do nothing in 2019. Likely less than Ross did in his rookie year.

When do you start attacking Williams? Is it juts Ross you don't like?

Well, Williams won't fumble, so his year won't be as bad.

Why would I attack Williams? I've never even attacked Ross. All I've ever done is point out his stats, point out the ridiculous excuses and express my disappointment that we picked him 9th. That's not attacking. His stats are his stats. He had great stats on Sunday and I believe I've acknowledged them. I also acknowledged his TDs last season as not ignoreable. I also acknowledged that I saw him blocking well in the run game last season and I believe I'm the only person that ever mentioned that on these boards. I am willing to see the good and bad. I'm not willing to drink the kool-aid though.

And for the record, i don't hate Ross. I've always expressed a desire that he get it and play well. The team needed him.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Believe what you like.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Time to step up and say you were wrong. If you ignored his 7 TD's in 2018 and ignored he was hurt a rookie and jumped to the conclusion John Ross was a bust, then time to take your medicine and eat crow.

Bust in the NFL don;t go for 158 yards and 2 TD's in one game.

Seriously, I have said all along, don't be too quick to judge, root for his success and not his demise. He made our offense look potentially dangerous and it was fun to watch.

My hope is we can get a healthy Green, Boyd and Ross on the field sooner than later. We on't be Patriot good (man they look Bush and Steelers defense look bad (no AB yet) last night. Bush was getting beat all over the field, his tackles were 8 to 10 yards down field, tough night for the rookie LB on their defense.

But, I digressed.

Eat crow baby.
This thread existed.
Reply/Quote
Ross was an injury prone one trick pony in college and he still is in the NFL.

Great pick by Dufus Tobin
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Yeah, this didn't age well.
Reply/Quote
Oh God, another necromancy of a thread.... Gaah
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Ahhh the Seattle game...How long ago it was. Perhaps the peak of the Zac Taylor era.

People were telling me right after the game that it was obvious how wrong I was on Zac Taylor. A time when John Ross was a start WR. A time when our defense was good.

A time when it was...a New Dey!
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Even Marvin of all people, knew this pick was horrible.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 10:50 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Even Marvin of all people, knew this pick was horrible.

Marvin was never a bad evaluator of talent. It was that coaching thing he struggled with...

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 11:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin was never a bad evaluator of talent. It was that coaching thing he struggled with...

The sad thing is, even with his evaluating talent, he was still overruled and swept under the bus with the ROSS pick.
Reply/Quote
I’m not going back to look but did anybody eat any of that premature crow? Is crow considered poultry? Does it taste like chicken?
Reply/Quote
Hey, it's not too late. Next year is his rookie year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He'll likely put up another 100 yard game sometime...
Reply/Quote
Sooo Ross is “exactly who we thought he was”- Dennis green voice
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 11:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin was never a bad evaluator of talent. It was that coaching thing he struggled with...

Seeing as he managed to be above .500 with Mike Brown running the show, I'm not so sure the guy wasn't an awesome coach, anymore.  Sure, 2016-2018 were losing seasons, but the fact that we went right back to the bottom of the NFL and talking about the draft 4 weeks into the season like we did before Marvin got here has me wondering.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 10:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Oh God, another necromancy of a thread.... Gaah

It is OK, bringing up a thread 3 months later proves my point. some fans hate and root against our players period.

BTW..Ross has much better numbers than 15 million a year AJ Green in 2019.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Could we get a 4th rounder for him?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 01:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing as he managed to be above .500 with Mike Brown running the show, I'm not so sure the guy wasn't an awesome coach, anymore.  Sure, 2016-2018 were losing seasons, but the fact that we went right back to the bottom of the NFL and talking about the draft 4 weeks into the season like we did before Marvin got here has me wondering.

I’m talking specifically about his in-game coaching, lack of adjustments, failure to get the team ready for primetime/playoffs, etc.

He helped build some good teams here, but I don’t think he was a particularly good HC. Although the jabroni we have now makes Marvin look like Belichick...

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 02:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is OK, bringing up a thread 3 months later proves my point. some fans hate and root against our players period.

BTW..Ross has much better numbers than 15 million a year AJ Green in 2019.

He also has more fumbles, drops, and boneheaded plays.

Reply/Quote