Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades for Seattle Game
How did Erickson get a "decent" grade when he fumbled the ball???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If dalton didnt act like a high school qb who’s hands were made of crisco, and have a ghost make him twirl the ball in the air for a hilarious fumble, in their redzone, bengals win.

He can’t help himself.
Reply/Quote
Atkins super high score, what did he do during the game?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:52 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Atkins super high score, what did he do during the game?

Had a bunch of pressures, and forced Wilson into sacks from other players. Did you even watch the game? He was pretty dominant early on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Yes i watched the game, just surprising atkins always gets so much of that invisible credit. Kidn of like AJ Green getting invisible credit for being double teamed so Ross can get open, someday. I wonder if PFF accounts for that? AJ with 1 target/1 catch for 30 yards will score higher than Ross' 7 targets/5 catch for 200?

Atkins must be taking full credit for Hubbard's line, since PFF scored nearly the same but statistically Hubbard wiped the floor with Geno's stats. They must just thikn 2 tackles, none solo, and zero sacks is a good line for a DT.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:52 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Atkins super high score, what did he do during the game?

He got A LOT of pressure and basically helped other guys get sacks.

People tend to think if a guy doesn't get a sack that they had a bad game, but he flushed the QB to Hubbard and Dunlap. Without Geno, we have way less sacks.

He was simply put...DOMINANT.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:37 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yes i watched the game, just surprising atkins always gets so much of that invisible credit. Kidn of like AJ Green getting invisible credit for being double teamed so Ross can get open, someday. I wonder if PFF accounts for that? AJ with 1 target/1 catch for 30 yards will score higher than Ross' 7 targets/5 catch for 200?

Atkins must be taking full credit for Hubbard's line, since PFF scored nearly the same but statistically Hubbard wiped the floor with Geno's stats. They must just thikn 2 tackles, none solo, and zero sacks is a good line for a DT.

Do you understand the concept of a QB pressure and flushing the QB to another guy?

How is beating his guy or double team and having a clear path to the QB and flushing him...'invisible'. It was blatantly obvious in the game that Geno was destroying his guy and getting pressure on Wilson.

Lots of time in the NFL, the initial pressure doesn't result in a sack...but the 2nd guy actually gets the sack. PFF accounts for that initial pressure.

No way Hubbard and Dunlap have sacks without him flushing Wilson to them. Bottom line is Wilson would have had a lot more time to pass IF Geno wasn't out there.
Reply/Quote
Like I said, does AJ green get mor epoints for being doubled when the secondary receiver has a big game? Just wondering. If you look at the same stat line, there is no "QB Hurries" for Geno, only 1 QB Hit. So you guys are talking about invisible stats that gave him those points, it's curious. For a DT it may have looked good (I'm talking his stat line, not what "you saw"). IF hubbard had 6 sacks you'd grant the points to Geno. If Geno gets 6 sacks, you grant the points to Geno.

So you're trying to argue PFF ranking (which is a stat) against subjectiveness....tough. Apparently there is no stat that "I beat my man, what else do you want from me" == qb hurry.

Anyway, it's an honest question, when AJ beats his double team but doesn't get the ball, how do his points look?
Reply/Quote