Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minkah Fitzpatrick - Pursue?
He's asked for and been granted permission to seek a trade from the Phins.

Guy is a swiss army knife back there and we could really use him.

I'd give up a first and throw in C. Kirk Barron as a sweetener, but I think they'll be looking for more than 1 pick.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 09:57 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He's asked for and been granted permission to seek a trade from the Phins.

I'd give up a first and throw in C. Kirk Barron as a sweetener, but I think they'll be looking for more than 1 pick.

making us google who the hell he is for shame..
Reply/Quote
Not sure we need another CB unless Dennard is gonna be out longer than expected.... Need to throw some of that money at LB
Reply/Quote
One word. No.
Both Bates and Williams put up significantly better numbers than him last year. No way in hell I'd give up a first rounder for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 10:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not sure we need another CB unless Dennard is gonna be out longer than expected....  Need to throw some of that money at LB

He's a safety not a corner, but still no need for him. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 10:08 AM)Fullrock Wrote: One word. No.
Both Bates and Williams put up significantly better numbers than him last year. No way in hell I'd give up a first rounder for him.

That was a lot of words. 

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 10:13 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That was a lot of words. 

28 to be exact.
Reply/Quote
A first round pick? Nope.

I wouldn’t mind him though but it depends on the price, but definitely not a first or second for him.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 09:57 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He's asked for and been granted permission to seek a trade from the Phins.

Let's see. When will he join the Pats, Ravens or Browns?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 10:09 AM)Fullrock Wrote: He's a safety not a corner, but still no need for him. 

He thinks he is a CB, not a safety and why he wants to be traded.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm usually the guy who is against these trade threads, but this is a unique situation as I think he is still one of the best players from the 2018 draft. He can play Safety or Corner at a high level, but he is an elite slot guy. The issue was in Miami they had him playing everywhere, including LB, and it was not going well. The rumor is they want a 1st but would take a second, I'd give them the 2nd yesterday. I think he would give us a ton of flexibility in a big nickel package, basically our base could be a 3 safety look and we'd never have to come out of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 10:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'm usually the guy who is against these trade threads, but this is a unique situation as I think he is still one of the best players from the 2018 draft. He can play Safety or Corner at a high level, but he is an elite slot guy. The issue was in Miami they had him playing everywhere, including LB, and it was not going well. The rumor is they want a 1st but would take a second, I'd give them the 2nd yesterday. I think he would give us a ton of flexibility in a big nickel package, basically our base could be a 3 safety look and we'd never have to come out of it.

Oh, I couldn't get them a 2nd fast enough for him. I'd strap it to Phidippides' back and have him haul ass to SF. 

Reply/Quote
I’m pretty high on Minkah, I wouldn’t give a first. Definitely a 2nd or 3rd though.

Btw- he’s only 22, we’ve drafted players older than him. He was a super clean prospect, I think he’s worth the high pick. Bates and Minkah back there? Sign me up
Reply/Quote
A 2nd and Webb we would more than likely receive a compensatory pick when he walks. he's better than Webb or Denard. If he's your number 1 or 2 corner your in trouble defensively though
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 10:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'm usually the guy who is against these trade threads, but this is a unique situation as I think he is still one of the best players from the 2018 draft. He can play Safety or Corner at a high level, but he is an elite slot guy. The issue was in Miami they had him playing everywhere, including LB, and it was not going well. The rumor is they want a 1st but would take a second, I'd give them the 2nd yesterday. I think he would give us a ton of flexibility in a big nickel package, basically our base could be a 3 safety look and we'd never have to come out of it.

Exactly.  I would run our 2nd rounder to them yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 09:57 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Guy is a swiss army knife back there and we could really use him.

So we could switch from our Spoon scheme to our Corkscrew scheme without making a substitution?

Wow

Make it happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 11:30 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: A 2nd and Webb we would more than likely receive a compensatory pick when he walks. he's better than Webb or Denard. If he's your number 1 or 2 corner your in trouble defensively though

Really? Not even sure I agree with this. The dude is incredible, I wouldn’t mind having him as #2. But really I’d just let him fly around Polamalu style and do what he wants haha, he’s so versatile.

Somehow I have a feeling in my gut that we won’t even make a call, but man I think this would be a great step for where we are as a team.
Reply/Quote
Not saying we should (if we need a safety, it's a in the box lb hybrid in the 5-2-4 we run), but people keep frowning upon sending a first round pick.......

With our track record of first round picks? Why hoard them.

We should be willing to trade our first round pick every year. At least we'll get a known commodity and not some player who won't contribute until year 3 or 4 if that.

Same with our 3rd round pick after the track record of failed picks in that round (outside of Hubbard).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 11:42 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not saying we should (if we need a safety, it's a in the box lb hybrid in the 5-2-4 we run), but people keep frowning about sending a first round pick.......

We should be willing to trade our first round pick every year. At least we'll get a known commodity and not some player who won't contribute until year 3 or 4 if that.

yeah but if your trading a 1st it should for a position of immediate need for immediate impact. we don't have a need at S or CB
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 11:42 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not saying we should (if we need a safety, it's a in the box lb hybrid in the 5-2-4 we run), but people keep frowning about a fist round pick.......

I debated this as well, but ultimately I view him as more of a “really want to have” than need to have. Come draft time, I think we have the potential of a high pick, and would look at other positions first.

I get your view though, and if they did it, I wouldn’t be 100% against it. But a 2nd? Yes yes yes
Reply/Quote