Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Will Win AFC North
They lost Big Ben but Rudolph playing good now, They have 3 Pro Bowlers on O Line, good RB's and good WR's and TE's. The D is starting to look like a Steelers D. Good coach, good owners, Good kickers and special teams. If Steelers beat Baltimore this week and 49ers slap down Browns, they are all 2-3 on the season. Forget the probably 0-5 Bengals. Steelers only problem was an aging Big Ben out for season.

Here is the thing, no QB could win behind Bengals O Line. The flip side is Steelers O Line is so great, they don't need the greatest QB ever. Rudolph looks like a good QB on a very good team. So I'm a Bengals Fan but Bengals are awful. Steelers however could win the AFC North easy. A win over struggling Ravens and 49ers beating struggling Browns put Steelers tied for 1st Place. Steelers look like best team in division with Rudolph maybe a needed young QB change anyway.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:57 PM)kevin Wrote: They lost Big Ben but Rudolph playing good now,  They have 3 Pro Bowlers on O Line,  good RB's and good WR's and TE's.  The D is starting to look like a Steelers D.  Good coach, good owners,  Good kickers and special teams.  If Steelers beat Baltimore this week and 49ers slap down Browns, they are all 2-3 on the season.  Forget the probably 0-5 Bengals.  Steelers only problem was an aging Big Ben out for season.  

Here is the thing, no QB could win behind Bengals O Line.  The flip side is Steelers O Line is so great, they don't need the greatest QB ever.  Rudolph looks like a good QB on a very good team.  So I'm a Bengals Fan but Bengals are awful.  Steelers however could win the AFC North easy.  A win over struggling Ravens and 49ers beating struggling Browns put Steelers tied for 1st Place. Steelers look like best team in division with Rudolph maybe a needed young QB change anyway.

NO, to the Steelers winning the division. They only looked good against the Bengals.

NO, to no QB could win behind the Bengals Oline. Plenty could. They were a single play away from winning 2 of the 4 games. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 05:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: NO, to the Steelers winning the division. They only looked good against the Bengals.

NO, to no QB could win behind the Bengals Oline. Plenty could. They were a single play away from winning 2 of the 4 games. 

As I watch big fat no other team wants Andre Smith falling on his fat butt all game, and the rest of O Line just as bad, Bengals have worst O Line in NFL.   Of course they had worst O Line in NFL last 2 years with Og & Fish.  No QB could win behind that garbage.  On the other hand Steelers have 3 Pro Bowlers on their O Line as we use to back in 1980's.  When you have that kind of blocking, the run and pass plays open right up.  Steelers also have good WR's, TE, RB's, Defense, Kickers.  This Rudolph has the luxury of starting out on a good team, unlike many rookies expected to turn around some real loser teams.   Big Ben went down and the new guy needed to get in there. He is coming along.  He still has some learning to do on the field, but he has a good team around him.  He has an O Line that can block them to play-offs.  Bengals use to have an O Line like that in 1980's, before Mike Brown took over.  The Steelers have the O Line to knock Ravens and Browns on their backsides, and Block them to Play-Offs. It's the O Line I wish Bengals had. I would trade Dalton, Green, Boyd, Ross, Mixon, Eifert, Tate, Bernard for Steelers O Line, but Steelers are too smart to make that trade and Mike Brown too stupid in his why should he pay O Linemen. His dad Paul Brown always had a great O Line and knew blocking is the key. Hell, his first pick here was center Bob Johnson. So I'm a Bengals Fan that has to admit Bengals are reaching new lows. The Steelers have the Blocking and Tackling to win the AFC North. This Rudolph looks good enough and maybe it's time for Big Ben to retire anyway.

I'll add the Bengals O Line so bad that if they have 7 draft picks, they should all be O Linemen and maybe a couple of them turn out to be worth drafting. The Bengals rolling out an awful O Line every year will always be Last Place football. But I can see you are a big fan of the QBs thinking they do it all. They do not do it all and every play in football is about Good Blocking. The finesse players are not worth a dime if you don't have good blocking, something Mike Brown has never understood, but his dad Pail Brown sure understood. I am not a Steelers Fan, but they will win because they can win in the trenches, and this young QB will be good enough, not great, but good enough. When DeCastro and these guys fire out and knock Ravens and Browns backwards, the 3 Pro Bowlers on the O Line will look like bulldozers as when we had Munoz, Montoya. I'm noticing that Bell left and behind this blocking Collins and whatever RB they put in has great blocking. Mixon would gain many yards for them, he will gain few yards behind our blocking.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Due to Rudolph also injured and now a 3rd string QB, It looks like Baltimore.

Steelers did look great against Bengals, but who doesn't. Bengals make every team look like a Championship team. Baltimore is looking like the team with that QB that can run like a big running back. Steelers have too many QBs injured. Still, they will probably sweep Bengals if their water boy is at QB. Look for the Browns to have 2 wins against Bengals. This is a bad Bengals team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote