Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension
Ive been a big fa of AJ. He was the most talented player they have had since he was drafted. But unfortunately his time is coming to an end, and a new era is coming soon. I just hope if they trade him, he can have a legit chance to win in the postseason with a team like the Pats or the Saints.

If they dont trade him and he walks in free agency, the Bengals will deserve all the criticism that will come their way for it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 12:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Then there's this:

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1848196

That news came before the news of him not interested in an extension. There's a chance that he preferred to stay but then saw the debacle against the winless Cardinals and changed his mind(?)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Aj has missed 19 out of 54 games so far on his current contract. That amounts to 21million he received without doing anything. I believe the Bengals are right to weigh their options before throwing away more money on him. He should be given a new contract with what amounts to franchise money guaranteed. It would give the team an out if he continues going downhill.
Reply/Quote
I'd pay Aj what he wants, but have an option like Dalton where after a certain amount of years we can release him.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That news came before the news of him not interested in an extension. There's a chance that he preferred to stay but then saw the debacle against the winless Cardinals and changed his mind(?)

I think it's more the latter information is typical spitballing that has become the norm for "news" in today's media climate..... speculation, to be kind.

I'm positive there is interest, I'm just not sure the Bengals or AJ himself is interested. AJ has REPEATEDLY stated he wants to retire here. He felt compelled to reiterate that sentiment four days before Rotoworld essentially rehashed what we already knew: teams are interested. Then they gilded the lilly with "information from unnamed sources" to Garner more clicks. Ya never know ....but that's my hunch.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Makes me sick seeing the 'top landing spots for AJ Green' articles.

AJ and Andy reinvigorated my love for the Bengals. If we trade him, I only hope we pick up somebody, ANYBODY who can give me the same level of excitement as those two did back when they were rookies.

It's hard to imagine. I had hoped AJ would stay a Bengal forever so I could tell my kids about the greatest WR to ever play the game and how bad luck led him to the Bengals, BUT, his character was so great, he never complained. Best role model in the league IMO.
Reply/Quote