Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
"We're not trading that guy"
(10-11-2019, 01:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Forget the record.  Never listen to ANY coach when talking about trading a player.  Here is how it works.

The coach will always support every player as long as he is on the roster.  Even if he knows the front office is planning on trading a guy he always wants to be seen supporting the guys on his team.

There are some exception where the player has been causing trouble or something like that, but generally every coach will say he is happy to have the players that he does.

Yeah, I could never be a coach, too honest. There are definitely people on my "team" I would like to fire at work, if given a question about them in a political space, I would not disrespect them but it would be obvious where my thoughts were.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 08:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah, I could never be a coach, too honest. There are definitely people on my "team" I would like to fire at work, if given a question about them in a political space, I would not disrespect them but it would be obvious where my thoughts were.

Being a first year ,0-5 coach I doubt he has much say as to the payroll and contract decisions. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 10:45 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Being a first year ,0-5 coach I doubt he has much say as to the payroll and contract decisions. 

I don't know. The scrub free agents they brought in like Kerry Wynn, BW Webb, etc...all had ties to current Bengals coaches.

So then the question that we don't know becomes, did they ask for higher quality guys and get told no and resort to Plan D? Or did they actually want these guys?

What I can't explain is the LB situation. There were upgrades out there. It looks to me like the staff thought we'd be ok with Vigil and Brown and only using 2 LB's.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 10:45 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Being a first year ,0-5 coach I doubt he has much say as to the payroll and contract decisions. 

Maybe, did he predict this season though? He's the one that elected to come here, lol. "Maybe I can get my guys on the team if I dump the first season"
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 12:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. The scrub free agents they brought in like Kerry Wynn, BW Webb, etc...all had ties to current Bengals coaches.

So then the question that we don't know becomes, did they ask for higher quality guys and get told no and resort to Plan D? Or did they actually want these guys?

What I can't explain is the LB situation. There were upgrades out there. It looks to me like the staff thought we'd be ok with Vigil and Brown and only using 2 LB's.

Yeah he came in here and told Ebenezer Brown, " I don't want any top free agents like you usually sign. Give me scrubs that couldn't be on other teams rosters. If Marvin couldn't get him to spend money on top players  in 18 years what makes you think a first year coach could. MB will continue to shove it up the fans backside as long as he can stuff his family's coffers.
Reply/Quote