Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade value for AD?
(11-05-2019, 06:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Careful, I was told i should be traded to another fan base for saying I’d be really happy with a 2nd for Dalton.

Don’t want you to get traded, too...

A 2nd round pick for Dalton given his play this year seems very generous. I'd be happy if we got a 3rd.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I'd say a 3rd is about the best they could hope for under most circumstances, probably most likely a 4th. Now if they luck into a team who's desperate in the offseason due to injuries, then of course all bets are off.

If they get offered a 2nd I'd run to sign no matter who it was !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A 2nd rounder would be great but I see a 3rd or 4th as being more realistic. Regardless, he needs to be off the roster next year to free up nearly $18 mill in cap space.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
AD still has a 1 year very friendly starting QB cap number. That is valuable. It is also insurance for the Bengals to use him to groom a 1st round top 5 QB pick. So, they can keep him in 2020, then let him walk in 2021 where he will get the Bengals a 3rd round comp. pick.

That is why I say minimum Bengals will accept is a 2nd round pick for AD. They have cap money and no need to dump his salary, they may dump AJ first versus signing an often injured WR to a long term deal.

I say a team trades for AD, a second round pick is the minimum Bengals will pull the trigger
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Jason La Confora said GMs were putting a 2nd round value on him.

Personally I don't see more than a third. His salary next year ($17.5 M) is very reasonable for a starting QB, but he just has that one year left under contract. Teams won't give up as much for a QB that could be gone the next year.

But you never know. People like to bring up the fact that Flacco, who has been consistently worse than Dalton for several straight years, was worth a fourth, but everyone said they were crazy to do that. While I don't think that is a good case to use a market indicator, it does show that all it takes is one team putting a high value on him.

I still think the Bengals would consider bringing him back as the starter next year if Finley really bombs. No other team would probably consider that, but after seeing the Bengals give Marvin a new deal after the '17 season I consider anything possible.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jason La Confora said GMs were putting a 2nd round value on him.

Personally I don't see more than a third.  His salary next year ($17.5 M) is very reasonable for a starting QB, but he just has that one year left under contract.  Teams won't give up as much for a QB that could be gone the next year.  

But you never know.  People like to bring up the fact that Flacco, who has been consistently worse than Dalton for several straight years, was worth a fourth, but everyone said they were crazy to do that.  While I don't think that is a good case to use a market indicator, it does show that all it takes is one team putting a high value on him.

I still think the Bengals would consider bringing him back as the starter next year if Finley really bombs.  No other team would probably consider that, but after seeing the Bengals give Marvin a new deal after the '17 season I consider anything possible.
The new team would have two years of control by using the tag on him if necessary. That being said It would still be hard to get more than a third rounder in exchange. His film is out there.
Reply/Quote
I'd be ecstatic if it were a 2nd round, but in all honesty I think we should take a 3rd rd pick if offered as it will still probably be at the top of the 3rd rd and yes it does free up @18 million to hopefully sign a few players to fix areas of need!
Reply/Quote