Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Advantage that Finley has
So, Dalton was battered by pressure so much over the past few years, that even when he had time this year...he'd see ghosts and rush the ball out...sometimes with bad mechanics.

Finley won't have that same gun-shyness...atleast yet.

But, Finley may be able to make some big plays. The Ravens, in the 1st game struggled to get pressure on Dalton...
Reply/Quote
Hey, it's possible. But all the time we see a non-mobile vet QB get replaced by a rookie and we think the young guy's elusiveness is going to make things better but we don't take into account the notion that most rookie QBs can't read a defense or go through progressions as quickly as someone who has played for almost a decade.

I said the same thing when we were hoping the lousy o-line wouldn't be as much as an issue with scrambly-Driskel back there. I expect Finley to lock onto Boyd or Eifert to compensate for a lack of time in the pocket and I'd be surprised if his completion percentage is above 60, but hey you never know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think Andy was "seeing ghosts". I think he needed to rush the throws.
Reply/Quote
This should be interesting....any predictions? Both teams get outscored by 40 points?
[Image: 5Lx1vqY]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 12:56 PM)xEGDx Wrote: This should be interesting....any predictions?  Both teams get outscored by 40 points?

WTF
Reply/Quote
AD lit up great Ravens defenses on more than one occasion. Now, let's see if Finley can do the same.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
My only advice for the Bengals is to keep Andy Dalton and Jake Dolegala warmed up on the sideline. I hope Ryan Finley plays the whole game — and succeeds beyond our wildest dreams — but this is the Baltimore Ravens talented defense he’s up against, not the Redskins’ third string scrubs.
Reply/Quote
I predict Ryan gets injured half way through the 2nd qtr and Dalton steps in and sucks.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think Andy was "seeing ghosts".  I think he needed to rush the throws.

This is what i think as well.

Not expecting much this weekend. Not even bothering to watch or follow the game actually. Going to rake leaves instead.

I watched better football yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think Andy was "seeing ghosts". I think he needed to rush the throws.

That’s the proper way to look at it, I think. Andy Dalton did not have much time in the pocket. Also, the camera didn’t usually follow the receivers downfield so we couldn’t see who was covered and who was not except when the broadcasters showed a replay.
Reply/Quote
I’m been a supporter of Dalton throughout, but the one critique I had against him was he didn’t have the best pocket presence.

Watching film, Finley will step up in the pocket, almost to a fault. I could see our line “looking” better for him because of this.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 02:04 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I’m been a supporter of Dalton throughout, but the one critique I had against him was he didn’t have the best pocket presence.

Watching film, Finley will step up in the pocket, almost to a fault. I could see our line “looking” better for him because of this.

That’s true — but today I want to see better run blocking. If Ryan Finley has to throw the ball over 40 times against Baltimore I guarantee a loss for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 02:00 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: I predict Ryan gets injured half way through the 2nd qtr and Dalton steps in and sucks.

Is their your hope? Finley gets hurt and AD sucks?

Dark posts are everywhere.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 02:04 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I’m been a supporter of Dalton throughout, but the one critique I had against him was he didn’t have the best pocket presence.

Watching film, Finley will step up in the pocket, almost to a fault.  I could see our line “looking” better for him because of this.

We will find out in a few hours

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 12:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So, Dalton was battered by pressure so much over the past few years, that even when he had time this year...he'd see ghosts and rush the ball out...sometimes with bad mechanics.

Finley won't have that same gun-shyness...atleast yet.

But, Finley may be able to make some big plays. The Ravens, in the 1st game struggled to get pressure on Dalton...

I think the Ravens are a Super Bowl type team and the Bengals the worst team in the NFL.   I think all this high hopes for Finley falls in the same bucket as fans who wanted AJ McCarron in there.  He didn't do that hot, and Finley probably won't either.  Considering the mismatch today, Dalton might be better off on the bench watching somebody else get clobbered. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 02:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: This is what i think as well.

Not expecting much this weekend. Not even bothering to watch or follow the game actually. Going to rake leaves instead.

I watched better football yesterday.

The CFL playoffs start today so right after the Bengals game ill be pulling for the Calgary Stampeders. 
Reply/Quote
The pregame show has an interesting segment on now about how the Ravens played 3 TE's against the Patriots vaunted defense...and the Patriots couldn't stop it.

I doubt they gameplan against us with the same intensity...

re: Finley - Guys like Mason Rudolph come in and can't really throw the ball deep and just do shot checkdowns. We shall see.

I mean I hope what he did in the preseason carries through...but I doubt it does.
Reply/Quote