Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 16 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Dolphins***
(12-22-2019, 04:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: i really love how people think burrow is the only hole on this team and we'll win a superbowl lol. 1 win. gotta get ridof the old underperforming players (atkins, AJ Green, etc).

I love how people think other people are saying that drafting Burrows will mean an instant SB appearance. The reality is nobody is saying that. But if you have the number 1 pick you get the best player in the draft...especially when he’s also in a position of need. Then after you have your franchise QB you build around him.

The Patriots are not the dynasty they are because they have a consistently dominant defense...or a consistent who’s who of superstars at skill positions. Great coaching and a great QB goes a long long way.

They need to draft Burrows and sit him behind a serviceable Veteran QB as they build the o-line. They need to hire a seasoned defensive Coordinator. Jonah Williams returning along with a 2nd round OL pick will help the line improve...not game changing but an improvement. Cordy Glenn at G will give them 3 of 5 decent lineman. But they will have to be more aggressive early in free agency and most likely overpay the right guys to come in on defense to help out. With the last place schedule this team could win 6-8 games next season. 3 seasons from now they could be poised to compete with a good core of young players.
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(12-22-2019, 04:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Gambling on a QB is bigger to the team than any two or three draft picks...QB is the most important position.

That’s exactly what Mike Brown says. This is the guy who traded nine picks for Akili Smith.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna put the over/under for Bengals 2nd half scoring at 6.

I'm gonna say under
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 04:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s exactly what Mike Brown says.  This is the guy who traded nine picks for Akili Smith.

No he didn't.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 04:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s exactly what Mike Brown says.  This is the guy who traded nine picks for Akili Smith.

Exactly what the Chiefs, Texans, and Ravens said using extra picks to trade up and take a QB. Sorry QB is the most important position on the field if you dont have one you go get one any way possible. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 04:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Have I mentioned how so so very bad Billy Price is?

I’ve never considered myself some kind of football genius so I figured maybe there’s something I’m missing when they drafted him. Maybe I only noticed the bad plays at OSU. Something like that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 04:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm gonna put the over/under for Bengals 2nd half scoring at 6.

I'm gonna say under

My Moeller math tells me three is less that six so I’m going with the under.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 04:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No he didn't.

You’re right. Mike Brown refused nine picks in exchange for the opportunity to draft Akili Smith. There. That’s more accurate.
Reply/Quote
Difference between a bad team with a good coach and a bad team with a bad one.
Reply/Quote

Is that the draft that the Saints were offering all their picks to take Ricky Williams?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 04:45 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I love how people think other people are saying that drafting Burrows will mean an instant SB appearance.  The reality is nobody is saying that.  But if you have the number 1 pick you get the best player in the draft...especially when he’s also in a position of need.  Then after you have your franchise QB you build around him.  

The Patriots are not the dynasty they are because they have a consistently dominant defense...or a consistent who’s who of superstars at skill positions.  Great coaching and a great QB goes a long long way.  

They need to draft Burrows and sit him behind a serviceable Veteran QB as they build the o-line.  They need to hire a seasoned defensive Coordinator.  Jonah Williams returning along with a 2nd round OL pick will help the line improve...not game changing but an improvement.  Cordy Glenn at G will give them 3 of 5 decent lineman.  But they will have to be more aggressive early in free agency and most likely overpay the right guys to come in on defense to help out.  With the last place schedule this team could win 6-8 games next season.  3 seasons from now they could be poised to compete with a good core of young players.

Exactly ! You don't pass up a chance at a very good possible franchise QB because you have a lot of needs. 

1. when will we be in this position again ?

2. Raise your hand if you think MB is trading up for whoever at QB in next couple seasons ?
Reply/Quote
So Bullock nails a 57 yarder and it's not on any highlights anywhere yet? He's gotta feel great about this.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

He...forewent? What’s the past tense of forego? Not the regular past tense, that would be foregone but one of those fancy past tenses. He did that for Akili.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
If the Cincinnati Bengals do not take Joe Burrow they will take Herbert.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie, watched 5 minutes then fell asleep and woke up now at halftime, 3rd game in a row a fell asleep watching this team.
Finally finding something cool about getting older.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 04:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You’re right. Mike Brown refused nine picks in exchange for the opportunity to draft Akili Smith. There. That’s more accurate.

So don’t draft a QB and roll with a guy who #1 flat out sucks and #2 Has given up on this team. Got it!

LOL. Dalton had a chance to ensure that he kept his job. All he had to do was literally win 3 games this season. Against the 2nd worse team in the NFL he’s managed to score 6 points in the first half.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 04:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly ! You don't pass up a chance at a very good possible franchise QB because you have a lot of needs. 

1. when will we be in this position again ?

2. Raise your hand if you think MB is trading up for whoever at QB in next couple seasons ?

Oh cmon.. You made it sound like MB has never done anything except make brilliant decisions since becoming the owner.. He should win a genius award for every other team.. Just not the bengals.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Except for 1 run, Mixon doesn't look like Mixon out there.
Reply/Quote
Zack covers his mouth after calling the play

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 04:45 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I love how people think other people are saying that drafting Burrows will mean an instant SB appearance.  The reality is nobody is saying that.  But if you have the number 1 pick you get the best player in the draft...especially when he’s also in a position of need.  Then after you have your franchise QB you build around him.  

The Patriots are not the dynasty they are because they have a consistently dominant defense...or a consistent who’s who of superstars at skill positions.  Great coaching and a great QB goes a long long way.  

They need to draft Burrows and sit him behind a serviceable Veteran QB as they build the o-line.  They need to hire a seasoned defensive Coordinator.  Jonah Williams returning along with a 2nd round OL pick will help the line improve...not game changing but an improvement.  Cordy Glenn at G will give them 3 of 5 decent lineman.  But they will have to be more aggressive early in free agency and most likely overpay the right guys to come in on defense to help out.  With the last place schedule this team could win 6-8 games next season.  3 seasons from now they could be poised to compete with a good core of young players.

Why change DC? Isnt OC or HC a bigger need?

The defense actually looked competent at times.
Reply/Quote