Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TJ on Burrow interview
(02-18-2020, 01:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Was that the play, if memory serves it was towards the sideline ? Where Reggie hit him completely in the shoulder but it was just so violent his head flopped a little. They called helmet to helmet even though he never touched his helmet ?

That'd be the one.

Bengals led with like 11:00 left in the first quarter, only to lose as time expired; talk about the ultimate ****-tease.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 01:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Was at that game (my first-ever NFL game) and was absolutely pissed; showed the replay of it too and it was just awful.

It was at that moment I realized they're really not allowed to play defense anymore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 09:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd like to hear from Reggie Nelson about these topics.

He was always one of my favorite players in the secondary.

I bet he has some real interesting things to say.

I was thinking the same thing while reading what George had to say.

George just wasn't the same player once Reggie left. Don't find this to be a coincidence.

Reggie was very smart in his own right.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:42 PM)jason Wrote: It was at that moment I realized they're really not allowed to play defense anymore.

This could not be a more true statement.

Reggie hit hard and almost every single time they were clean.

I think the league has stated a couple of times that his calls were errors.

Reggie was the epitome of hard nosed football trying to play within the rules.

The NFL pretty much defined what direction they were headed from the refs trying to neuter the ones who at least were putting in efforts to comply.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 10:46 AM)Housh Wrote: They used to slap Reggie with so many BS fouls omg

Yep.  It was violent, so they thought it just had to be illegal!
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was thinking the same thing while reading what George had to say.

George just wasn't the same player once Reggie left. Don't find this to be a coincidence.

Reggie was very smart in his own right.

Reggie got those guys lined up.

They certainly, especially Iloka, did miss his instincts and knowledge.

Like everyone father time caught up to Nelson eventually.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 03:57 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This could not be a more true statement.

Reggie hit hard and almost every single time they were clean.

I think the league has stated a couple of times that his calls were errors.

Reggie was the epitome of hard nosed football trying to play within the rules.

The NFL pretty much defined what direction they were headed from the refs trying to neuter the ones who at least were putting in efforts to comply.

I looked up the video of the call in question... It was hard to hear over the booing (there used to be fans at the games), but I think they called hit to a defenseless receiver on that one. It was a bad call any way you slice it though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote