Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help. SlingTV got rid of Fox Sports Ohio.
How are you guys watching Reds games? Sling doesn't offer Fox Sports Ohio anymore. Which sux, because I love their service and prices. I checked into the mlb app, and its $25 a month. I can totally afford that, but as I get older, I get grumpy and refuse to pay that for one "channel." I might have to just suck it up and go with another company that is not Sling.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 07:13 PM)jmccracky Wrote: How are you guys watching Reds games? Sling doesn't offer Fox Sports Ohio anymore. Which sux, because I love their service and prices. I checked into the mlb app, and its $25 a month. I can totally afford that, but as I get older, I get grumpy and refuse to pay that for one "channel." I might have to just suck it up and go with another company that is not Sling.

I finally started sucking it up last year, but you do get to watch almost every game depending on your location. I'm in SC so the only games I might miss are against Atlanta..  Still not bad for the price. it's definitely cheaper than paying for seats in the sun, a $9 coke or $15 beer, At home I can lay in bed, eat whatever I want and go pee whenever i get the urge.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, there are no total blackouts on MLBtv . . . you can still watch blacked out games 30 minutes after they are over, so if you can avoid the seeing the score, you can always treat the game as if it was a rain delay and watch the game later as if it's live. Also, you can always still listen to the radio live on MLB.tv if you MUST know what's happening as it happens but I usually just wait until after the game is over and watch it later. But that's an easier option when you live in Alaska and most games end at 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm. East coast might be different as the games end around 10:00 pm and 1:00 am and you may not have the option to stay up all night to watch a damn game. Usually that's when I click on whatever inning the Reds are batting and pretty much only watch the Reds bat. It's much easier to take when you watch a Reds player loft a routine fly ball to left field with two outs in the top of the third of a 3-0 Reds lead over the Cubs and click on the top of the 4th and it's now 7-3 Cubs lead . . . do I really want to go back and sit through that 7 run bottom of the 3rd? Nope. My blood pressure doesn't need that. This method also skips most of the commercials but sometimes they still sneak them in.

MLBtv rules. Of all of the internet packages, MLBtv is far above everything else. The option for local or opponent coverage with TV or radio is awesome and since I'm involved in radio, sometimes I have multiple sounds going on in the office so I'll choose "Park" and only hear the game with the crowd and no announcers.

The only two things that I don't like is we don't get Reds Live pre-game or post-game and there will be four or five commercials that will drive you absolutely nuts from over exposure. If one of them has a song in it, you will forever hate this song as you are likely to hear the same parts of it 16-18 times a day. I'm a Reds fan that's adopted the Angels as a 2nd team in the late 70s so I sometimes get double dipped on the commercials when I have time to watch both games live in one day. Elton John's Rocket Man and some newer song by a band I already didn't care about from 2018 are on my Rot In Hell list strictly because of MLBtv commercial breaks.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote