Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the team not re-signing its own?
We've upgraded!!! there is no need to keep bringing back the same old chaff year after year!! We need new blood, new culture, and a locker room full of winners, who wont settle for 8-8! Who Dey!

- I will miss seeing what could have been with Eifert though...class act guy!!
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 09:23 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: I’m good with no bringing back our FAs , we went 2-14. We actually need to cut a few of our players.

Eifert went to Jags. Not disappointed because of the injury history. Plus, even tho he played 16 games last year, we barely used him.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good idea to not pay big money to retain a core of losers?
Reply/Quote
Remember Albert Einstein's definition of insanity?

For 28 years now the Bengals have "re-signed their own" more than any other team and other than 2005, 2009, and 2011-2015 this team has stunk up the league. I've long believed there is a difference between "NFL good" and "Cincinnati good."
Reply/Quote
I just now noticed that out of all of the FAs that were Bengals last year or were signed by the Bengals this year, only ONE was actually a Bengal last season and re-signed - Tony McTyer.

The Bengals are, for the most part, no longer interested in prioritizing their internal FAs (except maybe AJ Green).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Change it up, this is Zac's team now. Joe
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: So far we’ve seen Fedj and Dennard sign elsewhere. Reader signing probably means Billings isn’t coming back. There’s been no movement on Vigil or Eifert. Are we seeing the typical new HC wants his own guys, but at a slower Bengalesque pace? Are the players just sick of losing and don’t want to comeback?

Personally I’m fine with not bringing back underperformers or guys that couldn’t help us get over the hump.

because they arent that good....
Liking all the  new blood coming in. Vonn Bell today was great news too
Reply/Quote
Answer: Because Zac is killing it this offseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Answer: Because Zac is killing it this offseason.

Seems like this question has been completely answered.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: So far we’ve seen Fedj and Dennard sign elsewhere. Reader signing probably means Billings isn’t coming back. There’s been no movement on Vigil or Eifert. Are we seeing the typical new HC wants his own guys, but at a slower Bengalesque pace? Are the players just sick of losing and don’t want to comeback?

Personally I’m fine with not bringing back underperformers or guys that couldn’t help us get over the hump.

We haven't resigned any of those guys because it was time to jettison some dead weight.  

As fans, it's probably best for us that the team decided to start looking at the players as employees, rather than irreplaceable family members.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
A better question might be why were we previously re-upping guys who hadn't been getting the job done for years?

The way that they hung on to guys who were mediocre or worse for multiple contracts was maddening......Glad to finally see a different approach.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Answer: Because Zac is killing it this offseason.

(03-25-2020, 05:42 PM)McC Wrote: Seems like this question has been completely answered.

Not sure why the director of player personnel isn’t getting any credit for all these moves, but I’m grateful of the job he’s doing nonetheless.

Who knows what Tobin could have done all these years if Mike Brown gave him this kind of money to throw around...

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 03:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure why the director of player personnel isn’t getting any credit for all these moves, but I’m grateful of the job he’s doing nonetheless.

Who knows what Tobin could have done all these years if Mike Brown gave him this kind of money to throw around...

You bring up a fair point, I'm sure Tobin has done put in the work as well.
Reply/Quote