Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread}
(12-02-2015, 03:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Would everyone be happy if Dalton ended the season with a passer rating in the 90's..... Or would that represent there was a drop of late in the season? Low 90's.... (which I think we would have took going into the season).

Nope. If he played composed during the playoffs is enough for me, win or lose. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 05:10 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Nope. If he played composed during the playoffs is enough for me, win or lose. 

I felt he was pretty composed last year, we were just out of bullets by the time we got to Indy.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 05:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: I felt he was pretty composed last year, we were just out of bullets by the time we got to Indy.

This^^^^ 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 03:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Would everyone be happy if Dalton ended the season with a passer rating in the 90's..... Or would that represent there was a drop of late in the season? Low 90's.... (which I think we would have took going into the season).

He'd have to skunk it up something fierce to sink that low.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 05:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He'd have to skunk it up something fierce to sink that low.

Yep this^^^^ I think he sitting on pr of about 106 or close to it. 

Edit-- just checked 105.3 Rock On

Reply/Quote
Numbers  speak for them self. Dalton is third behind Brady and Palmer. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Reply/Quote
I hope he stay above 100.00. But if we win a playoff game I won't care looking back. It'd still be a career year. Especially if he stay below 10 picks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Just for perspective, if you add Dalton's abysmal playoff stats to his 2015 stats, he'd still have a 90.9 passer rating, which would be a career high. I honestly think Dalton should be getting more love than he is. He's having an amazing season. Like 2005 Carson amazing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 02:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just for perspective, if you add Dalton's abysmal playoff stats to his 2015 stats, he'd still have a 90.9 passer rating, which would be a career high. I honestly think Dalton should be getting more love than he is. He's having an amazing season. Like 2005 Carson amazing.

But he doesn't have the rocket arm.
And he wasn't a first overall pick.

He gets no cushion. 
Reply/Quote
Great read on Dalton.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/03/nfl-andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals

Reply/Quote
Most people see Dalton play a few times a year, so it's hard for them to get an accurate assessment. Everyone sees him in the postseason so that's where he has to shine.
Reply/Quote
It's the hair...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594493-how-andy-dalton-destroyed-your-cheap-punch-line?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 09:37 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Great read on Dalton.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/03/nfl-andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals

Nice read.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Here's another AD article-

How Andy Dalton Destroyed Your Cheap Punch Line
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 05:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: I felt he was pretty composed last year, we were just out of bullets by the time we got to Indy.

This.

I felt he played his best game barring the first half of 2013.

Just no help last year.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 04:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Here's another AD article-

How Andy Dalton Destroyed Your Cheap Punch Line

The link didn't work.... its too bad too because I wanted to know how he destroyed "Bazinga" Ninja
Reply/Quote
Game today should put him back at #1 in the QB rankings.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Game today should put him back at #1 in the QB rankings.

NFL stats so far:

Yrds: 10th place with 3,191  (only 1, 103 yrds to beat his previous franchise record)
TDs: tied for 6th place at 25 (only 9 more to beat his previous franchise record)
20 + yrd plays:  3rd with 51
40 + yrd plays:tied for 2nd with 11
QBR: 5th with 107.4 (though the passers above him are either WRs or back up QBs that probably was in on a trick play, remove them and his is 1st)   Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Game today should put him back at #1 in the QB rankings.

He's leading in QBR 

Reply/Quote
Congrats to Andy Dalton who now holds the Most Road wins of any QB in their first 5 years after he was part of a 4 way tie for first with Dan Marino, Ben Roethlisberger, and Matt Ryan

Also

Dalton is now @ 124 Tds putting him 3 behind matt ryan for 3rd place in his first 5 years. which will leave him behind only Peyton and Marino
Reply/Quote