Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was wrong and can admit it.
(03-30-2020, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Once I started watching Burrow play I just went, eh, this guy is good.

Always liked Chase but Burrow's play was the biggest reason LSU was maybe the best team in college ever.

Can't miss pick, I wouldn't trade this pick for anything.

Clean slate now as far as I am concerned.

The world does tend to be a "what have you done for me lately".

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 03:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The world does tend to be a "what have you done for me lately".

I always love the saying from Cowboys and Aliens the movie, Clancy Brown said...

"God don't care who you were, he cares who you are..."

Good motto to live by lol
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I always love the saying from Cowboys and Aliens the movie, Clancy Brown said...

"God don't care who you were, he cares who you are..."

Good motto to live by lol

LOL, well I guess I can't complain that Mike Brown has finally bloomed. But I'm not going to feel bad about calling him the worst owner in professional sports for 28 years when he in fact was the worst owner in professional sports.

Now I'll call him an owner who is trying to win.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 03:05 AM)grampahol Wrote: Now what are we gonna do? If Mike Brown actually had anything to do with this who are we gonna throw shade at? It almost feels like our misery football club has been disbanded! They could have at least given us notice ahead of time to prepare ourselves for actual good news. We've grown so accustomed to believing nothing would or could ever change it almost feels like a betrayal..A betrayal I'm sure we all welcome, but a betrayal anyway.. Just as you're ready to scream your head off out of anger someone just has to make things right at the last minute, huh?

OK, maybe I'm overdoing it and I do welcome these moves. It just feels strange. It's like one of those days when it's done nothing but rain when the temperature is barely above freezing and then one day it hits 75 degrees outside and plenty of sunshine.. Just a strange feeling...no?

I’m guessing Mike had a nighttime visit from the Ghost of Football Future and saw how he was going to be remembered. He had a vision of little Tiny Tim Krumrie hobbling around on that bad leg, and saw all the fans celebrating when Katie finally hired a GM in 2037 and decided, I think I’ll finally try to be a good and decent NFL owner and build a legit team...

Seriously though, we’re in uncharted waters. If he can get a decent draft, and have Zac cede the play calling duties we might have us a 7-9 win team providing the season happens. Still weak on the o line, LB, and TE, but far better than where the team was a few weeks ago.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 01:58 AM)BengalChris Wrote: LOL, well I guess I can't complain that Mike Brown has finally bloomed. But I'm not going to feel bad about calling him the worst owner in professional sports for 28 years when he in fact was the worst owner in professional sports.

Now I'll call him an owner who is trying to win.

There yah go. That worst owner in professional sports at least has shown he is trying to win finally.

Don't think he wants to go out like how he used to be.
Reply/Quote