Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Dunlap on the Trade Market?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
probably need to cut Dunlap to keep dalton. That's something the Bengals would do

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: probably need to cut Dunlap to keep dalton.  That's something the Bengals would do

HELL NO!!! Whatever 

Keep Dunlap, Hubbard is good but he isn't there yet. 

The only reason this would make any sense is if the coaches don't think Los fits in a 3-4 hybrid which I would disagree with...
Reply/Quote
I guess it depends what they can get for him. I have a hard time believing they'd get better than a late 2nd/3rd for him because of age.

I wonder if his performance the first half of the year rubbed coaches the wrong way. Was it effort or injury the first half?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:47 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I guess it depends what they can get for him. I have a hard time believing they'd get better than a late 2nd/3rd for him because of age.

I wonder if his performance the first half of the year rubbed coaches the wrong way. Was it effort or injury the first half?

the only reason why this move would make sense is if there going full 3/4 and don't feel like he would fit the system.  

Reply/Quote
I know a guy who is his cousin and he said they actually thought he was getting moved last year during camp and then again at the deadline. Take that for what it’s worth.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:54 PM)Okeana Wrote: the only reason why this move would make sense is if there going full 3/4 and don't feel like he would fit the system.  

That's certainly one. Also add in age and the huge salary. I think most fans think the Bengals 'window' starts in 2021. He may not fit their plans.
Reply/Quote
He can play anywhere on the edge in any scheme (or as a 3-4 DE).

One of the 3 best players on the D, in a decade of a lot of FANTASTIC players.

I wouldn't move him 'til his body breaks, he retires or he shows he just doesn't have it anymore.

This would be stupid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:01 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: That's certainly one. Also add in age and the huge salary. I think most fans think the Bengals 'window' starts in 2021. He may not fit their plans.

https://overthecap.com/player/carlos-dunlap/168/

he actually played above his contract numbers last year so his deal is actually a fairly good one considering he's a 10 sack guy with 90 pff grade

I think the fact that they spent so much on a nose tackle signals to me they want to move to a 3-4 base defense.  it really would suck to see him go he's one of my favorite players on the team and really a great guy in the community.

Reply/Quote
Am I mistaken, or don't the vast majority of "base 3-4" teams still line up in a 4-3 alignment over 70% of the time? I don't know if I see the wisdom in keeping Green and trading Dunlap. I don't know if I see the wisdom in forcing a base 3-4 alignment when you know that you have good 4-3 bookends, an aging but still good 3-tech, and a nose guy who is scheme flexible. There is no Von Miller or Kalil Mack on this roster. The entire point of a 3-4 is to exploit the type of premium edge player that this team currently does not possess. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He can play anywhere on the edge in any scheme (or as a 3-4 DE).

One of the 3 best players on the D, in a decade of a lot of FANTASTIC players.

I wouldn't move him 'til his body breaks, he retires or he shows he just doesn't have it anymore.

This would be stupid.

Feel the same Truck.

(03-26-2020, 07:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: https://overthecap.com/player/carlos-dunlap/168/

he actually played above his contract numbers last year so his deal is actually a fairly good one considering he's a 10 sack guy with 90 pff grade

I think the fact that they spent so much on a nose tackle signals to me they want to move to a 3-4 base defense.  it really would suck to see him go he's one of my favorite players on the team and really a great guy in the community.

Damn rights, love Big Los. One of the most disruptive Ends in the game even if he isn't getting the sacks and he is good 
against the run. I think he fits a 3-4 as Truck noted, he can rush or drop back like a LB just like Hubbard can, maybe not 
near as good at dropping back as Sam but neither is Lawson. Still the coaches think Lawson can handle it obviously.
Reply/Quote
Only way it makes sense is if we go Chase Young in the first. So no it doesn’t make sense. No reason to trade him.
Reply/Quote
First word of the tweet is RUMORED.

Second word is POTENTIAL.

Someone is throwing darts at the dartboard...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: First word of the tweet is RUMORED.

I hope that is the case.  Carlos is one of my favorite Bengals. 

Aside from being a very good player, what he brings in energy is invaluable.  A young team needs guys like him.

I understand breaking the rooster down and removing dead weight but Carlos is not dead weight.

And definitely don't move him if you don't have anything close to his replacement.

The whole idea seems wacky, especially when you consider how low the return on trading players is if you aren't trading with the Texans.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
**** that

Reply/Quote
We don’t have enough edge players as is.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 09:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We don’t have enough edge players as is.
Right.  You can't even consider trading him without his replacement.  That would just be dumb.  You can't have a whole team of 23 year olds.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I feel like we need to sign a DE. Adrian Clayborn is on the market he would be a great pickup for cheap.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 09:51 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I feel like we need to sign a DE. Adrian Clayborn is on the market he would be a great pickup for cheap.

Would like Clayborn and I like him more and more with the additions, he could play End in a 3-4 opposite Geno I think?

Still doesn't mean we trade Big Los.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: First word of the tweet is RUMORED.

Yup. Off season grasping at straws. With every other sport being played on video games, it's at an all time high. 
Reply/Quote