Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer on Burrow
Saw an interview with Jordan Palme on NFL Live last night. Most of it was about Burrow.

-Palmer worked with Burrow BEFORE the 2019 season. Said he has never seen a QB's life change so dramatically in four months.

-Currently working with Burrow, but not really making any adjustments. Just getting back to basics and establishing consistent patterns. Says QBs tend to get away from very small details of mechanics over the course of a season when they are having to make throws with bodies flying at them.

-Burrows arm strength may not be as great as some recent draft picks, but it is as good or better than many of the top NFL QBs from recent years like Brees, Rivers, Brady, and the Mannings.

-Accuracy, touch, and timing are much more important than arm strength and Burrow is top level with those skills.

They only showed Burrow answering one question. They asked him what Jordan had done to help his confidence about playing in the NFL. Burrow said that was the one thing that Palmer did not have to address.
Reply/Quote
Saw a video a month ago where Jordan Palmer discusses the difference between swagger and confidence.

He said swagger is typically from guys who don’t believe in themselves and are very self critical. They act big to hide their insecurities. Confidence on the other hand is the innate belief that you are great and that if you continue doing what you do you will do great. He then went on to say Burrow is the most confident guy he has ever worked with.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2020, 02:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Saw a video a month ago where Jordan Palmer discusses the difference between swagger and confidence.

He said swagger is typically from guys who don’t believe in themselves and are very self critical. They act big to hide their insecurities. Confidence on the other hand is the innate belief that you are great and that if you continue doing what you do you will do great. He then went on to say Burrow is the most confident guy he has ever worked with.

Dan Patrick callef Burrow "over confident" but then backtracked a little adding "but in a good way".
Reply/Quote
Saw an interview with Aaron Rogers, where he was talking about his first couple of days in training camp. He stated he looked around and thought to himself "Oh yeah, I can play in this league for a long time." Burrow stated his has confidence in himself because he knows the amount of work he puts in. I'll buy that.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2020, 02:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Saw an interview with Aaron Rogers, where he was talking about his first couple of days in training camp. He stated he looked around and thought to himself "Oh yeah, I can play in this league for a long time." Burrow stated his has confidence in himself because he knows the amount of work he puts in. I'll buy that.

I would be surprised that QBs that have had great to very good success in College don;t already believe they can play in the NFL... my guess is that those conversations with team personal would probably sense those that lack that confidence and a team might not draft them
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote