Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled
(07-01-2020, 09:15 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Unfortunately, he does. And 35% of the US population believes the same thing.

It's unreal what people will believe if they see it on youtube or hear it on the radio. 
(07-01-2020, 03:42 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: They are reporting our hospitals are full and the centers they set up in Dayton Ohio had big lines testing. A guy took his camera to centers that was supposed to have big lines and there was not a car in the parking lots around the tents set up to handle the overflow from the hospitals. He then went to the hospitals and tried to go inside as soon as he walked threw the doors he was surrounded by nurses and security and told to leave or they would call the cops so he went to other hospitals in Dayton and the same things happened there. In our country right now there is political tug of wars between the left and right you can not believe a word they say you have to question any information. Since the left controls the media so no I do not trust the Doctors or anyone at this point in America.

If you get really sick and think you might die, what are you going to do?
(07-01-2020, 01:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Much of what you say is true. But, Covid 19 is not an underlying condition. It is an acute infection.

If someone comes into the ER with difficulty breathing and is admitted into the ICU for acute exacerbation of COPD and Covid 19 and subsequently dies which one killed the patient?

That is what makes it a tough call. My brother had cancer. He died of cancer, but he stopped breathing because his immune system could no longer fight off the cancer and died. I think we will find there were people in hospice who were dying within 7 to 10 days, contracted the virus and dies. They were listed as the virus killed them. There can't be an incentive for a hospital to list Cov-19 as the cause of death like there is currently in some states. You incentivize Cov-19 death and yes people will cheat. You send a lot of PPE equipment (supply and demand) and criminals will steal it and resell it for profit. It is sad, but it is the reality of the world we live in.

I am not sure what the death rate was in April and May, but I am hopeful due to testing and treatments the death rate has lowered. If so, that is wonderful news and hopefully death rates continue to decline as people get the virus as we do all we can to protect the most vulnerable
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(07-01-2020, 03:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you get really sick and think you might die, what are you going to do?

Same thing those did who wanted to defund the police when shots were fired or protesters went to their home, call 911 and hope the police come and save them.

I think in his case he was saying he does not trust all the doctors provided expert opinions on the virus, not he does not trust how medical professional would treat him if he got sick or I hope he was saying that.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(07-01-2020, 12:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The CDC estimates 10X the number of reported cases in the US, but the deaths are being possibly over reported. If some states Cov-19 is listed as the cause when in fact it was an underlying condition. This needs to be cleaned up Nationally so we know the true death rate when all is said and done. But, if the CDC report stating 10X the cases, then that would make the death rate for this virus less than the common flu. But, noone wants to report those possibilities. Instead we keep hearing about infections of people that have a 99.8 chance of survival.

I don't know if it is intentional, but you are totally misrepresenting some facts.

First of all you act like no one is still dying from the 'regular flu".  The fact is that the number of deaths from Covid could be greatly UNDERREPORTED because people have died from the flu who were never tested for Covid.

Plus the death rate for the "regular flu" is very deceiving because almost half of the adults in the United States get flu vaccinations which protect them.  So even if the covid virus did have the same death rate of the regular flu it would kill almost twice as many people because no one is protected by a vaccine.
(07-01-2020, 09:15 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Unfortunately, he does. And 35% of the US population believes the same thing.

Those same people do not believe that the current occupant of the White House ever said ... "Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible."

lol I guess Trump was elected on 35% of the vote in 2016 as well.
(07-01-2020, 06:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know if it is intentional, but you are totally misrepresenting some facts.

First of all you act like no one is still dying from the 'regular flu".  The fact is that the number of deaths from Covid could be greatly UNDERREPORTED because people have died from the flu who were never tested for Covid.

Plus the death rate for the "regular flu" is very deceiving because almost half of the adults in the United States get flu vaccinations which protect them.  So even if the covid virus did have the same death rate of the regular flu it would kill almost twice as many people because no one is protected by a vaccine.

There is also a % of people in the community who have immunity to the flu, at the start of this no one had immunity to covid 19. That is what makes novel viruses so dangerous.
(07-01-2020, 06:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Same thing those did who wanted to defund the police when shots were fired or protesters went to their home, call 911 and hope the police come and save them.

I think in his case he was saying he does not trust all the doctors provided expert opinions on the virus, not he does not trust how medical professional would treat him if he got sick or I hope he was saying that.

You are correct sir...I will let doctors help me it is their job and to a certain extent I must trust them. But I still won't take every word they speak as facts chiseled in stone.
(07-01-2020, 06:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know if it is intentional, but you are totally misrepresenting some facts.

In Ohio, more people have died from the flu (with a vaccine) than the China virus. How do you explain that as Ohio test for both flu and the virus?

I am not trying to hide anything, just the opposite. I want to know the death rate when all is said and done. We don't have it for other viruses as the testing was so small. This by far is the #1 tested virus ever in the US and the world. We should have more accurate data. The CDC is the one concluding based on facts (science) 10X the number reported have been infected. That is a huge number, but makes death rate very small. Then, makes it almost zero for age 30 and under.

To all the sheep make sure you line up for the COVID vaccine that Bill Gates owns the patent too that was given to him just before this outbreak started.
(07-01-2020, 07:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In Ohio, more people have died from the flu (with a vaccine) than the China virus. How do you explain that as Ohio test for both flu and the virus?

I am not trying to hide anything, just the opposite. I want to know the death rate when all is said and done. We don't have it for other viruses as the testing was so small. This by far is the #1 tested virus ever in the US and the world. We should have more accurate data. The CDC is the one concluding based on facts (science) 10X the number reported have been infected. That is a huge number, but makes death rate very small. Then, makes it almost zero for age 30 and under.

That is why I suggest looking at the data from Australia and New Zealand who are catching the majority of their cases, they both have a CFR of around 1.4%. The US is currently sitting just below 4.8% so it appears likely that the US is not catching all there cases, even if there are 10x as many cases the CFR still comes in at 0.48% which is still around 5 times the death rate of the flu which is below 0.1%
(07-01-2020, 07:56 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: To all the sheep make sure you line up for the COVID vaccine that Bill Gates owns the patent too that was given to him just before this outbreak started.

In other news, men didn't walk on the moon, it was filmed in a studio.
(07-01-2020, 08:11 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: In other news, men didn't walk on the moon, it was filmed in a studio.

You can find this out easy thru google a dummy corp. owns the patent and Gates owns the company.
(07-01-2020, 08:29 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You can find this out easy thru google a dummy corp. owns the patent and Gates owns the company.

Highly unlikely when there is no vaccine, come on mate you need to stop. This misinformation you are spreading is dangerous and is actually putting people's lives at risk.
I'm not sure who all needs to read this, but all should pay close attention. This is a thread in Jungle Noise, the forum reserved for Bengals Football discussion.

After reading through the past several pages of posts, we have drifted pretty damn far from Bengals and or football. If you wish to bicker about Covid-19 and or the politics involved, please feel free to engage in any of the numerous threads already established on those topics.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23