Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jungle Jim's??
I was at the one in eastgate 3 days ago. Got my supply of Japanese noodles, and Frostie rootbeer while there. They must have the largest selection of hot sauces and BBQ sauces on the planet. They also have a great selection of German beers. I live about the same distance away from both Jungle Jims and like the original JJ in Fairfield better but was closer to eastgate at the time. Word to the wise: If you are ever there and see an Australian beer with a kangaroo with boxing gloves on the label in a clearance bin for 25cents a bottle, yes I said 25 cents, DON"T DO IT!!! You've been WARNED!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2020, 10:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, I came up to Cincinnati for a couple days, to spend some time with my son.  One of the places he took me to, on this visit, was to Jungle Jim's.  Let me just say that I was impressed with the facility..

My question to all of you is;  How come none of you ever mentioned that the World's greatest grocery store, beer garden, wine selection, liquor store, collection of hot sauces, best deli that I've ever laid eyes on, not to mention the butcher shop and seafood market, along with the Worlds greatest collection of Organic and healthy options, were all right there, under one roof?

I'll read your explanations in the comments..   Cool

Ok, maybe not easy to find and has been three years, but you just didn't pay attention. Cool 

Here you go: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Meijers-stores?pid=394703#pid394703 .
Wyche and myself at least talk about Jungle Jim's in a couple posts in that thread.
Reply/Quote
Haven't been there for a couple of years. May have to drive down for a grocery road trip.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2020, 06:46 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I was at the one in eastgate 3 days ago. Got my supply of Japanese noodles, and Frostie rootbeer while there. They must have the largest selection of hot sauces and BBQ sauces on the planet. They also have a great selection of German beers. I live about the same distance away from both Jungle Jims and like the original JJ in Fairfield better but was closer to eastgate at the time. Word to the wise: If you are ever there and see an Australian beer with a kangaroo with boxing gloves on the label in a clearance bin for 25cents a bottle, yes I said 25 cents, DON"T DO IT!!! You've been WARNED!!!

The price tag was YOUR warning my friend...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We used to make Jungle Juice in college.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2020, 10:34 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: We used to make Jungle Juice in college.

Yep... We also made it with our fruit in the the county jail.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 10:46 PM)jason Wrote: Yep... We also made it with our fruit in the the county jail.

On the wall, inmate!   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 10:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On the wall, inmate!   Ninja

That was a long time ago... And the case was dismissed after I finally got bonded out. The big life lesson I took from that... Make sure you have at least one person's phone number memorized.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 11:09 PM)jason Wrote: That was a long time ago... And the case was dismissed after I finally got bonded out. The big life lesson I took from that... Make sure you have at least one person's phone number memorized.

Obviously, I was just joking with my comment.  However, you are correct.  In my younger, wilder days, I too spent a night in the County Jail.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't mention Jungle Jims often because I dont want them to run out of chicken feet.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2020, 05:35 PM)jason Wrote: Too late to point out that there is another Jungle Jim's out east of town Sunset?

True, but if you want to really experience Jungle’s, you have to visit the original location in Fairfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2020, 09:29 PM)bjf123 Wrote: True, but if you want to really experience Jungle’s, you have to visit the original location in Fairfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and that is exactly where my son took me.  Like I said previously, I was more than impressed with the place.  When I move back to Ohio, definitely will be making Quarterly runs to that place.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote